💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyonce - Cowboy Carter

Teletubby

Featured Posts

River
3 minutes ago, Rat Boy said:

I would say there's a mix of slower songs (like 16 cabbages) and danceable songs. 16 carriages is a good example of how much country there is in most of the songs.

:messga:

I'll just give it a listen tomorrow while I play powerwash and pretend that I'm cleaning something

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

alsemanche

That Miley collab is the worst on the album :rip: what were they thinking pls 

Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

Lextyr97
14 minutes ago, River said:

16 Cabbages is a snoozefest for me

The context of the album actually does wonders for 16 Carriages. It’s one of my favorites on the album whereas I couldn’t even remember how it went before lmao

• YAAAS 1

TortureMeOnReplay
4 hours ago, ImMatt said:

I get the reasoning but its doubtful Gaga was ever considered. Beyonce clearly wanted to stick to genuine country artists on CC (aside from Post Malone lol) for the project to feel authentic and Miley's background matches that while also being pop enough for the gp.

Also, I highly doubt Gaga would say no to being on Beyonce's album.

Gaga would say no simply because the vibe doesn't fit her current era aesthetic. 

bionic
12 minutes ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

Gaga would say no simply because the vibe doesn't fit her current era aesthetic. 

that aesthetic being "do anything but release music" i assume??

buy bionic
  • LMAO 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack2102
9 minutes ago, bionic said:

that aesthetic being "do anything but release music" i assume??

Thats why she wear so much black 🪦

Jack2102

This is my cowboy carter reaction:

Track 1- her new anthem, good opener 

Track 2 -4 -skip! 

Track 5-10 picking up there! Very pleasant and fun to listen.

Bodyguard is an instant bop! Leaves a spot for Gaga jumping on the track. That John Wayne reference is killing me!!!!! :cryga:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStUhjaMJ_89aWG5ISmRK9

I can't with her shading ‘her man’ in Jolene so brilliantly :laughga:

Track 11 Daughter- Shakespeare-level writing! All the ganja references in this album are sending me 💨

Track 12- spaghetti OMG 😱  SLAY ! This is the angry beyonce that the gays love! Sasha fierce has evolved. 

Track 13 - is that a demo?! 

Track 14- something is coming!!!! 

Track 15-16- this is where it gone wrong.

After drinking the dumb **** juice thinking this was a Gaga collab, can't help but to think Joanne would actually sound good on II most wanted instead of Miley. :sure: 

Track 17- it's okay, kinda cheesy 

Track 18- another demo- sounds like tiny desk material lol 

Track 19-20- intro then Ya Ya, hot mess but sounds exciting and VERY VERY Gaga dare I say!!! :firega:  There's a shoutout to NYC ;)  

Track 21- Baby singing, is it the twins? 

Track 22- meh 

Track 23- we are dancing again!! Bounce on that shi dance! (Come through Joanne) 😂

Track 24- 5:41 long, my adhd says no 

Track 25- grinding again!! I like all the intros in this album.

Track 26- interesting track. Sounds like a long commercial. Reminds me of her lion king movie.  

Track 27- at this point, I just want the album to stop lol Amen is a good ending song to this chaotic album. Amen 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

NATAH

daughter, ya ya, amen and american requim are my faves, the rest of the album just seems to blend into one :artdoll2:

mother, what must i do?

Ziggy
10 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

Upon first listen, for me, first half is an 11/10

back half is like a 5 or 6/10. Levii’s Jeans onward (except Amen) were just not it for me. The first half was seriously incredible though. My faves were:

II Most Want (IF IT IS NOT A SINGLE I WILL SUE)

Protector

American Requiem 

Bodyguard (NEEDS TO BE A SINGLE)

Edit: Okay Levii’s Jeans hit this second time :giveup:

Edit: was I ****ing mad about something I’m doing for work? This backhalf is HITTING now. Up to an 8/10 as of track 25. On Sweet Honey Buckin again

I was gonna say…ya ya is that girl

• Like 1

Ziggy
9 hours ago, Way0ut said:

I always find it funny when people say they don’t have time to listen to an album as if you can’t listen to music while cooking, cleaning, walking, commuting, etc lol

Yeah but are you doing that for over an hour straight? I think bc people want to listen with attention :) 

Ziggy
2 hours ago, River said:

interesting ,basically how texas holdem is like a ballroom-country fusion?

Ballroom?…it’s basically a straight line dance song :laughga:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

thatfoxyfeeling

It's a cohesive album but there's so much FILLER. There's hardly any memorable songs and after my second listen through I was bored. It'll probably get a few Grammy noms just because it's Beyonce and she's made a 'country' album. 

LordByron28

Ngl, one of the most interesting, risky, and distinctive things Beyonce has done in her entire career. Unsure if it’s my favorite as I really enjoyed Lemonade, 4, and Beyonce but it is up there. The covers, features(post Malone is still an odd choice), message, and genre fusions and flavors are just all on point.  It gives such a distinctive southern soul flavor to the album and I think does a much better job of capturing Black America in the South and ultimately its roots than the majority of other artists and albums, I have heard. The overall album gives a very poignant message and ultimately paves the way for more artists in the future to explore some of the ideas and sounds she has done with this album. I’ve only had one listen so far and it reminds me of a nice chili that has been sitting in the crockpot for hours with the flavors all melding together but you still get distinctive bits and pieces of meat/vegetable that you can sink your teeth into that stand out. Genre wise she goes all over the place but it is fairly cohesive in terms of the album and flows really well. Other artists have stuck to one genre and been way more chaotic and disruptive. This one goes all over the place genre wise but transitions and flows well together. There are times where I think it stays stuck a bit too much on one sound. However, this is all on one listen. Hard for me to pull out favorites as there are lot of ones that have interesting moments in the song that change my opinion on it. For example, Levi Jeans last 1/3 of the song really changed my opinion of it.

It’s very distinctly American in sound, messaging, and imagery while making it entirely unique and subverting the stereotypical American woman, imagery, and patriotism from the 1950s-now. This album is very much a work of art and Beyoncé’s artistic growth has been impressive for me. Her DC work and first two solo albums were a bit standard run of the mill lacking anything distinct. IASF she embraced more full fledged pop and had a few good hits. Even though 4 flopped, musically it was different and a huge love letter to the R&B genre with a number of gems that got overlooked due to  boring single choices. Beyonce was a fun more focused pop album with the risk of surprise dropping along with visuals which really paid off. Lemonade to me is still her most authentic and raw album with this album taking over for being her most adventurous. Renaissance had a lot of good artistic moments and some good bops but it just wasn’t for me. 

• Thanks 3

Roughhouse Dandy

40 minutes until I get to join in on the fun. Someone give me an award for not listening to leaks or using a VPN. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Love 1