Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Azealia Banks mentions Rita Ora in her new Beyonce rant

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

One is highlighting HBCU's, African culture, civil rights, black empowerment quotes from notable figures throughout history in their art, and presented the Black National Anthem on the Coachella stage. The other has a skin bleaching controversy under their belt. So who is tap dancing for white people again? Just Olympic-level yapping.

Yappatron-3000

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

raragaga

oh she's still talking?

Over It What GIF by Bounce

xoxo

spookytanooki

Hold up... She made some points tho.

I'm all for black women finally being seen in the country genre, don't get me wrong. I'm horrified that for Tracy Chapman to finally get any recognition, her song had to be covered by a white man.

I also regard the majority of what AB has to say as psychobabble, but she really did make some points with this one.

*I base this information on absolutely nothing*
  • Like 15

NATAH
54 minutes ago, Shakmasda said:

Well, she makes some good points. I'll be playing **** him all night just for the sake of it.

you actually read all of that?

mother, what must i do?
  • LMAO 1

gumzy3000

She should be a life coach for people to get their life together

trolly troll troll
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Snejana

okay ms cultural critic azealia theodor adorno banks

but in all seriousness this time she made some points and was kinda respectul (by her standards) lol

• Like 2

Ziggy

Look she’s right

sugar mama SHOULD have that Grammy.

• Like 1

YuriG

I mean I see her point but she is absolutely deranged and negative all the time it's actually insane 

• Like 3

NCgaga
1 hour ago, spookytanooki said:

Hold up... She made some points tho.

I'm all for black women finally being seen in the country genre, don't get me wrong. I'm horrified that for Tracy Chapman to finally get any recognition, her song had to be covered by a white man.

I also regard the majority of what AB has to say as psychobabble, but she really did make some points with this one.

This is a made up narrative regarding “fast car” by Tracy Chapman. People have wanted so bad for the narrative to be “country white man steals success of black Tracy chapman’s song”. The version by Tracy Chapman was #6 on the pop charts in 1988. She got plenty of recognition then. It’s like saying Dolly Parton never got recognition from “I will always love you” until Whitney Houston covered it. People reach so hard for victim situations they just make up narratives. 

• Like 9

spookytanooki
22 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

This is a made up narrative regarding “fast car” by Tracy Chapman. People have wanted so bad for the narrative to be “country white man steals success of black Tracy chapman’s song”. The version by Tracy Chapman was #6 on the pop charts in 1988. She got plenty of recognition then. It’s like saying Dolly Parton never got recognition from “I will always love you” until Whitney Houston covered it. People reach so hard for victim situations they just make up narratives. 

I'm speaking specifically on the fact that she didn't win a Country Music Award until her song was covered by a white man. She was a black woman singing country, and she was categorized as pop. Her song was never recognized as a country hit until it was covered by a white man. 

NCgaga
5 minutes ago, spookytanooki said:

I'm speaking specifically on the fact that she didn't win a Country Music Award until her song was covered by a white man. She was a black woman singing country, and she was categorized as pop. Her song was never recognized as a country hit until it was covered by a white man. 

“Fast Car” was not a country song. It was a folk pop song in the 80s, written by a lesbian. Folk music is and has always been been in the lesbian community.  I think you are getting folk music and country music confused. The original version shouldn’t be celebrated as a country song, as it never was one. It was a very successful folk song that soared up the pop charts. The new version is by Luke Combs- and it is a country version, sung by a country artist. Thats why the new version is being recognized as a country song. Tracy Chapman was never a country artist. 

Edited by NCgaga
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

spookytanooki
Just now, NCgaga said:

“Fast Car” was not a country song. It was a folk pop song in the 80s, written by a lesbian. Folk music is and has always been been in the lesbian community.  I think you are getting folk music and country music confused. The original version shouldn’t be celebrated as a country song, as it never was one. It was a very successful folk song that soared up the pop charts. 

Hold up. So you're telling me that it's not a country song, yet it suddenly gets awarded a CMA when it's performed by a 

1. White 

2. Man

But when it was sung by a 

1. Black

2. Woman

It's a folk song?