💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa on sound separation and experimenting with different sounds

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

For me, writing for my new album, for “Radical Optimism,” everything was delayed because I had been on tour, and during that tour, every break that I had in between, I went to the studio. So I was breaking away from the “Future Nostalgia” world and going into “Radical Optimism.” So for me, it was very important to have a sonic separation and to try to experiment with different sounds. 

And it took me a while, I started actually writing in 2021 but I didn’t really get anything until my very first session with Kevin Parker, Danny L. Harle, Tobias [Jesso Jr.] and Caroline [Ailin], which was in June 2022. So it was just a lot of writing and writing and figuring out where I was going and experimenting with different sounds until I was like, I’ve got it, I know where I’m headed. There’s always one song that’s that eureka moment that takes you into the next phase of the album. And I wanted a sonic departure.

“Illusion” was a song where I felt like lyrically, I got this radical optimism. I felt very strong in the moment when I was writing that song, because it was really seeing past someone’s buIlshit, I guess, for lack of a better word. And understanding it for what it is and just entertaining it for the hell of it, even though you see what’s happening. But I felt in a stronger power of position, because I was like maybe before, I would have fallen for something like this and now I can dance with the illusion, and it’s something for me too, you know? 

Dua about album cover art
I feel like this screams radical optimism to me. Just being in this setting, being very calm in the moment… I’m in deep waters, I’m in with a 🦈 and I’m remaining calm and collected throughout. That is radical optimism to me. 

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Love 1

juicyjuicy

Kevin Parker? Illusion? He co-wrote “Perfect Illusion”. Dua Lipa feat. Gagz confirmed. :ohwell:

• Shook 1

King of the Fall

Waiting for the comments like "unreleased Future Nostalgia tracks"

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

Bronco

I wish she'd stop over hyping this "sound seperation". 

Is it different than FN? Yes. 

Is it different enough to make it the marketing tactic? Hell no. The average person isn't going to distinguish between the disco/pop influences of Future Nostalgia and the funk/alleged psychedelic influences of Radical Optimism.  

• Like 12
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25

Maybe the real psychedelic sound was the friends we made along the way..

• Like 1
  • LMAO 13
  • Thanks 1

hieronymus
14 minutes ago, North Country Guy said:

Waiting for the comments like "unreleased Future Nostalgia tracks"

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

5 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I wish she'd stop over hyping this "sound seperation". 

Is it different than FN? Yes. 

Is it different enough to make it the marketing tactic? Hell no. The average person isn't going to distinguish between the disco/pop influences of Future Nostalgia and the funk/alleged psychedelic influences of Radical Optimism.  

I feel like this place just doesn't have hope or optimism :stalkga: for this release

Edited by hieronymus
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2

hieronymus
5 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Maybe you've only heard 2 songs and you're passing judgment on 9 more tracks that you haven't heard.

• Like 2

Leoooo
5 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Discovery Channel Win GIF by Discovery

• Like 3
  • Shook 1

Starmie25
11 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

Maybe you've only heard 2 songs and you're passing judgment on 9 more tracks that you haven't heard.

True. Mu bad.

• Like 1

Leoooo

I imagine all the differences happened in how they processed the instruments (not so much how they played them) so to her there is this wildly different experience, and in that way there is, but it's not something that is going to be noticed by the majority.

It is good to note she never said *style depature* just *sonic* Hopefully the rest of the album will reveal what she is trying to say

Edited by Medusa
  • Like 5

Bronco
7 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

I am absolutely going to judge an album based on what they use to promote it. That's literally why pre-album singles exist...

Or are we saying that Don't Start Now, Physical & Break My Heart weren't indicative of Future Nostalgia? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Mister G
48 minutes ago, Medusa said:

I imagine all the differences happened in how they processed the instruments (not so much how they played them) so to her there is this wildly different experience, and in that way there is, but it's not something that is going to be noticed by the majority.

It is good to note she never said *style depature* just *sonic* Hopefully the rest of the album will reveal what she is trying to say

That's how I feel. Houdini and Training Season did nothing for me but I'm willing to give the entire album a try.

• Love 1

Bully Pop
1 hour ago, hieronymus said:

I feel like this place just doesn't have hope or optimism :stalkga: for this release

It’s GagaDaily, hon, nobody actually likes any of the artists they listen to here. 💀 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1