Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Joker FAD Official Discussion Thread

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

hello girls, gays, and theys. with rumors coming out that test screenings have perhaps been happening, and with knowing that the trailer will drop next week or soon after, i thought it was time to make a thread to discuss all things joker!!

what are you more excited about: the movie or the press tour?? how do you rank your excitement for this compared to your excitement for Gaga’s first two films? do you believe the details coming out of supposed test screenings? will you be seated opening night with friends, or will you want to see it by yourself the first time to absorb every detail? can you believe we’re gonna see Gaga on imax screens ?!?

Edited by EGOT2027
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

bionic

i will probably see the film with my brothers. not sure if on opening night

i just wish gaga was playing poison ivy instead of harley quinn, which is such an uninteresting character to me

buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Roughhouse Dandy

As much as I love my girl and want to know more about why she chose this out of all things, I'm more excited for the movie. I'm a complete DC comic nerd and for 2 of my major special interests to collide like this makes me God's favorite lil munchkin. 

I was more scared for her than anything else for her first 2 movies, but I'm letting myself enjoy this ride. I don't believe the test screening rumor is real, but everything I've heard and read has made me thrilled about this. I'm seeing it ALONE in IMAX as soon as humanly possible. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

monketsharona

I'll definitely see it on the opening week release. I totally loved the first one.

I'm in the team of Joker fans saying that a sequel was not necessary at all but I'm still very hyped for second one. Joaquin Phoenix is such a talented actor, he totally nailed it as the Joker (while I was the first one saying Heath Ledger could not be replaced by anybody).

I'm still anxious about the musical side of it though. Generally I really don't like musicals and I'm not a huge fan of jazz so who knows ?

Concerning Gaga, I'm sure she'll be brilliant, maybe her best role to come. 

Edited by monketsharona

GoGa

I'm very excited about the movie. I loved the first one and can't wait to see what they are going to do with the story. I'm sure that acting and cinematography will be amazing, I'm a little nervous about the script. I want it to be very chaotic and bloody and surreal. I hope they weren't afraid to take some risky choices. We need something different and exciting.

Schizophonic

honestly iam more excited for the press tour, i'm not a big comic fan and have only seen a early 90ies batman movie and a half of the first spider man.

most likely will watch it when it comes to streaming. 

but if i like the music, i might change my mind.

monketsharona

Weird but I won't watch this as a Gaga fan tbh, just like I didn't watch AHS Hotel as a Gaga fan. She's jumping on something I'm already a fan of, so yeah it'll be fun :vegas:

weed

I would probably say I've gone up in excitement with each movie she has starred in.

ASIB I was so pumped, first leading role, entire soundtrack, sooo exciting.
       HOG had the potential to be extremely iconic, was supposed to be all about her, it's GUCCI and she's playing an ICON, so the hype was very high despite the final result.
       And this! This is her first real BLOCKBUSTER, playing a cartoon character that is known by billions, and it's the scariest/grittiest thing she has done so far (bar maybe AHS but apples and oranges). 

Very hyped for her performance in the film

• YAAAS 3
  • Love 2

Stephen

My excitement is immeasurable. I'm equally obsessed with DC as I am with Gaga. Lifelong DC fan. I still can't even process that Gaga is Harley Quinn. It's insane. I never thought my 2 biggest interests would collide in the most bombastic, beautiful epic way. It doesn't feel real.

Even when she started acting I was terrified she would do Marvel :ladyhaha:

It's just a dream come true.

depress black and white GIF

• Love 3

nodandsmile

my friends LOVED the first one (I liked it) and were all texting me when they found out about Gaga's casting lol and even talked about seeing together when it comes here so that's probably what we are going to do and I can't wait :excited:

nodandsmile

when it comes to those "screenings" though I kinda don't believe it because they haven't told us anything we did not know

Spoiler

it's violent... we watched the first one, it only makes sense this one is like that as well

there's singing/musical therapy... we know

Gaga's co-lead... we know

I'm waiting on them to tell us something new!!! 

• Thanks 1

Ultimecia

THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT ACCENT ON THE "À" AGAIN :stupidoreo:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

Bradley
1 hour ago, bionic said:

i will probably see the film with my brothers. not sure if on opening night

i just wish Gaga was playing poison ivy instead of harley quinn, which is such an uninteresting character to me

Poison Ivy is like a sidekick. Harley Quinn is a main character and has high cultural relevance.

bionic
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Poison Ivy is like a sidekick. Harley Quinn is a main character and has high cultural relevance.

Thanks for sharing. Doesn't change my attitude to the character though

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Sad 1

EGOT2027
1 hour ago, Schizophonic said:

honestly iam more excited for the press tour, i'm not a big comic fan and have only seen a early 90ies batman movie and a half of the first spider man.

most likely will watch it when it comes to streaming. 

but if i like the music, i might change my mind.

wow i wish my brain was more like yours and was casual enough about the whole thing to wait for streaming. i have literally thought about this movie every single day since it was announced lol. and i wasn’t even excited that she picked this role!

• Like 2

• EGOT2027 changed the title to Joker FAD Official Discussion Thread