💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne gets better and better

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Killa

I really cant force myself to listen to that álbum. Still i’m sorry i lost the álbum, most likely at my ex’s. So probably never getting it Back 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
1 hour ago, Ultimecia said:

Just Another Day is one of Gaga's greatest, too bad she pays it dust.

Diamond Heart has great lyrics and melody, even if its production is a bit flat.

Dancin' in Circles is extremely catchy and very unique within her discography.

A-Yo should have been a single, maybe even the lead one. I think it's a fun song!

Come to Mama has lyrics I despise, but such an exquisite production.

Hey Girl could have been so much better with a different chorus, the entrancing vibes from the bridge onward are magical.

I also really enjoy the title track. I love the percussion guitar and string slides, it feels really organic.

And I think I'm all out of positives! :vegas:

A-YO was supposed to be a single but got the Judas/TEOG treatment when Million Reasons took off lol.

Who knows how it would have done - i never listen to it though

Anderson123

I like it but don’t love it that much anymore. I had to force myself to like it because it’s Gaga but I appreciate what it is now. 

Perfect Illusion, John Wayne, Sinner’s Prayer and Angel Down. :heart:

• Love 1

Starmie25
1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

EDIT: And I can't believe people slept on Hey Girl solely because they wanted something more epic. Like no, that sing is everything.

That bridge ended the indie community :giveup:

Bowman
6 hours ago, Flippy said:

This song is a full masterpiece. It’s just so cute and immediately makes me feel better :bradley:

I loooove Just another day, it’s one of Gaga’s secret hidden gems, I don’t even care if anyone else likes it because it’s just such a bop!

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 2

PartySick

It's about time someone in this community put some reSPECT on the pink hatted icon's name :crossed:

Joanne remains far and away my favorite Gaga album. I adore it :fatcat:

It's this whole story of experiences, inner thoughts, and pain above everything else. Rambling incoming :vegas:

Spoiler

The album starts with resilience in the face of bitter heartbreak (Diamond Heart) followed by her almost laughing it off (A-Yo).

Then a song about grief and changing after being hurt which doubles as a tribute to her aunt (Joanne). I get dual vibes from this song. It's literally a tribute song to her aunt but every lyric could apply to her and the listener as well in a more metaphorical sense.

She pulls her sh*t together long enough to say "nah, this is what I really want, and I'm going after it" (John Wayne).

Pleasure is taken into her own hands afterwards (Dancin' in Circles) because the heartbreak is back and more intense than the first time (Perfect Illusion).

She can't laugh off that pain again, instead she mourns herself and her loss (Million Reasons).

The pain temporarily makes her more stoic, maybe even more wise as she imparts some wisdom on her sister (Sinner's Prayer) and eventually, the edges smooth out and she's learned from her pain and is eager to help others with theirs (Come to Mama).

Then an anthem of solidarity to top those sentiments off because damn we really could make all this easier if we lift each other (Hey Girl).

Two more mournful songs remind us that even though we've reframed our painful experiences, that pain still needs expression and it requires work to heal, whether it's socially (Angel Down) or personally (Grigio Girls).

Then the album closes with one of her sweetest sentiments about forgiving ourselves and opening ourselves up to the possibilities of life (Just Another Day).

It's such a great album :giveup:

I know I said the word "pain" like 50 times there but that's what this album means to me after my JWT date where she explained that she felt she's never met her true father because the pain of losing Joanne changed who he was so deeply. Then I realized that's what this entire album is about. Her own journey and growth through pain, maturity, and forgiveness :fatcat:

Call me Joanne, xoxo

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1

Flippy
2 hours ago, Bowman said:

I loooove Just another day, it’s one of Gaga’s secret hidden gems, I don’t even care if anyone else likes it because it’s just such a bop!

Exactly!!! It’s so good!!! Glad to see some appreciation for that song! :bradley:

Sending you good vibes, king! :tony:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1

Madame Goo Goo

It’s getting worse and worse for me, which is a shame because at one point I really liked it. I just see the entire Joanne era as the silliest moment for Gaga’s career, like now that we’re 8 years removed I feel very comfortable saying it was unhinged, dramatic, performative, and uncomfortable for her to dedicate the album to her dead aunt she never met and make the entire albums promotion revolve around that. Her grandmother and father are so clearly trying not to cringe at her in Five Foot Two. That being said, the album has some excellent songs in the first half and some of the lowest points of Gaga’s career, mostly in the second half. I still find it laughable that fans think that Dancin In Circles has hit potential. One of my least favorites from her ever. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

SevenWonder
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

:vegas:

Hide contents

The album starts with resilience in the face of bitter heartbreak (Diamond Heart) followed by her almost laughing it off (A-Yo).

Then a song about grief and changing after being hurt which doubles as a tribute to her aunt (Joanne). I get dual vibes from this song. It's literally a tribute song to her aunt but every lyric could apply to her and the listener as well in a more metaphorical sense.

She pulls her sh*t together long enough to say "nah, this is what I really want, and I'm going after it" (John Wayne).

Pleasure is taken into her own hands afterwards (Dancin' in Circles) because the heartbreak is back and more intense than the first time (Perfect Illusion).

She can't laugh off that pain again, instead she mourns herself and her loss (Million Reasons).

The pain temporarily makes her more stoic, maybe even more wise as she imparts some wisdom on her sister (Sinner's Prayer) and eventually, the edges smooth out and she's learned from her pain and is eager to help others with theirs (Come to Mama).

Then an anthem of solidarity to top those sentiments off because damn we really could make all this easier if we lift each other (Hey Girl).

Two more mournful songs remind us that even though we've reframed our painful experiences, that pain still needs expression and it requires work to heal, whether it's socially (Angel Down) or personally (Grigio Girls).

Then the album closes with one of her sweetest sentiments about forgiving ourselves and opening ourselves up to the possibilities of life (Just Another Day).

That was a BRILLIANT breakdown of the album. Just brilliant. 

• Love 1

PartySick
1 hour ago, SevenWonder said:

That was a BRILLIANT breakdown of the album. Just brilliant. 

Every album is a journey :flower:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

ARTPOPKISS
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Every album is a journey :flower:

This is some chromtica era ****

F@ggotry at its finest
  • LMAO 1

Starmie25
13 hours ago, PartySick said:

It's about time someone in this community put some reSPECT on the pink hatted icon's name :crossed:

Joanne remains far and away my favorite Gaga album. I adore it :fatcat:

It's this whole story of experiences, inner thoughts, and pain above everything else. Rambling incoming :vegas:

Reveal hidden contents

It's such a great album :giveup:

I know I said the word "pain" like 50 times there but that's what this album means to me after my JWT date where she explained that she felt she's never met her true father because the pain of losing Joanne changed who he was so deeply. Then I realized that's what this entire album is about. Her own journey and growth through pain, maturity, and forgiveness :fatcat:

Call me Joanne, xoxo

Wow. Deserves its own thread me thinks.

• Love 1

Werewolves Wanted

I absolutely love your passion for it! I’m honestly bummed that I don’t love it. It has some gems that I adore but as a whole I can’t get my brain to click with it yet. I keep trying though! One of these days I’ll get it. 

• Love 2

crackpoppodcast

It’s allowed to not be someone’s favorite album of hers, but to say it’s bad is just wild to me. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Diamond heart is the energy I need in the opening track of LG7 with some BTW dark pop added. I feel like Joanne is going to be a similar vibe to LG7 in terms of aesthetics (simple but dark and less colorful) with prince/metal intertwined and im so here for it.