Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Olivia Rodrigo's management no longer allows to disperse free Plan B and condoms

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Flippy

Season 2 Tea GIF by Freeform's Single Drunk Female
Cardi B Popcorn GIF by MOODMAN

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • LMAO 6

Ladle Ghoulash
5 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Hmmm well then make it available in schools without handing it out. Dont schools in America have doctors or nurses? They can have it available in there, without handing it out of putting it on display. After a Sex ED class, the teachers can mention that it’s available or whatever. There is other solutions than directly handing it out.

What meaningful difference does it make where specifically in the school the students are getting the contraceptives? It doesn’t sound like much of a logistical concern as much as it sounds like you’re saying, “This vaguely gives me the ick, so change it” 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 3

Westerosi
7 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Hmmm well then make it available in schools without handing it out. Dont schools in America have doctors or nurses? They can have it available in there, without handing it out of putting it on display. After a Sex ED class, the teachers can mention that its available or whatever. There is other solutions than directly handing it out.

The difference is so minimal I don't truly understand your feelings about this.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

faysalaaa
12 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

What meaningful difference does it make where specifically in the school the students are getting the contraceptives? It doesn’t sound like much of a logistical concern as much as it sounds like you’re saying, “This vaguely gives me the ick, so change it” 

8 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

The difference is so minimal I don't truly understand your feelings about this.

Making condoms available in a pharmacy or a doctors office is more neutral, without normalizing it, or incentivising it. I do see a huge difference between that and an authority figure (Teacher, School, Government) handing teens condoms. If my kid goes to a school where there is condoms available in a Doctors office, I wouldnt feel uncomfortable, but if the teacher is giving him condoms, its completely different.

Im not even sure im okay with having condoms in a school doctor office, thats just my compromise for the sake of argument, but you guys dont even want to compromise on that! You want the teacher to literally hand it out to the teens! 

Westerosi
8 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Making condoms available in a pharmacy or a doctors office is more neutral, without normalizing it, or incentivising it. I do see a huge difference between that and an authority figure (Teacher, School, Government) handing teens condoms. If my kid goes to a school where there is condoms available in a Doctors office, I wouldnt feel uncomfortable, but if the teacher is giving him condoms, its completely different.

Im not even sure im okay with having condoms in a school doctor office, thats just my compromise for the sake of argument, but you guys dont even want to compromise on that! You want the teacher to literally hand it out to the teens! 

I'm not saying a teacher must hand them out. But the purpose of a teacher is to teach.

As an authority figure, they can command more respect and instill the seriousness of using contraception in the context of being a school student. Whereas you can't guarantee a nurse will feel the same responsibility.

If every student has to go to the nurse to get a condom, they will be laughed at and everyone will know why they're going to see the nurse.

If they are handed out to everyone during sex ed, it reduces the stigma, bullying, shame and secrecy. 

Edited by Westerosi
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 1

Ladle Ghoulash
8 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Idk saying that a teacher giving students condoms is the equivalent of them saying, “Now go **** in the bathroom!” feels like a big stretch to me 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1

faysalaaa
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Idk saying that a teacher giving students condoms is the equivalent of them saying, “Now go **** in the bathroom!” feels like a big stretch to me 

Your stretching it cause thats not what I said. I literally said its less neutral and it normalizes the idea of teen sex.

If you really think there is no difference between a teacher handing it out and making it available in a doctors office, why dont you compromise and go with the doctors office idea?

Edited by faysalaaa1

Ladle Ghoulash
3 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Your stretching it cause thats not what I said. I literally said its less neutral and it normalizes the idea of teen sex.

If you really think there is no difference between a teacher handing it out and making it available in a doctors office, why dont you compromise and go with the doctors office idea?

You said it incentivizes it, not really that much of a stretch to say that implies that teachers are encouraging students to go out and have sex (and I exaggerated for comedic effect, sue me). I’m not gonna compromise because I feel like you’ve created a false premise that teachers are incentivizing it as if teens aren’t already having sex with each other lmao. I think giving it out in a sex ed class is fine and having them on hand in the nurse’s office is also fine. The whole point of having contraceptives available to students is essentially saying, “Look, we weren’t born yesterday. You guys are probably gonna have sex. So if you do, at least use protection.” I don’t find that to be an especially controversial idea.

• Like 2

TEANUS
7 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I wouldnt allow my kids in a school where my kids are handed condoms

And its not true teens will never stop having sex, its the culture of normalizing this that create it.

Cause teens weren't having unprotected sex in the 50s and 60s when TV shows were showing MARRIED couples sleeping in separate beds?

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

faysalaaa
2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

You said it incentivizes it, not really that much of a stretch to say that implies that teachers are encouraging students to go out and have sex (and I exaggerated for comedic effect, sue me). I’m not gonna compromise because I feel like you’ve created a false premise that teachers are incentivizing it as if teens aren’t already having sex with each other lmao. I think giving it out in a sex ed class is fine and having them on hand in the nurse’s office is also fine. The whole point of having contraceptives available to students is essentially saying, “Look, we weren’t born yesterday. You guys are probably gonna have sex. So if you do, at least use protection.” I don’t find that to be an especially controversial idea.

You dont find it controversial because you are fine with the idea of treating your kid as a statistic, while I believe I can help my kid be part of the 60% that dont have sex as an underage. We can change underage sex because the percentage of high school students in the US who reported that they have ever had sexual intercourse dropped from 54.1% in 1991 to 47.8% in 2007, 43% in 2011 and 39.5% in 2017.

Im also did not say teachers are intentionally incentivising kids to have sex, but handing it out normalizes it, which leads to incentives to have sex.

• LMAO 1

faysalaaa
5 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Cause teens weren't having unprotected sex in the 50s and 60s when TV shows were showing MARRIED couples sleeping in separate beds?

Sexual repression by religion can lead to more sexual activity in young adults. There are many factors that play into this. Im not calling to go back to the 50's and 60's.

TEANUS
3 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Sexual repression by religion can lead to more sexual activity in young adults. There are many factors that play into this. Im not calling to go back to the 50's and 60's.

When did religion come into it tho? You’re saying that a more sexually open society and one that discusses safe sex had made teens have sex, I don’t think that’s true

• Like 1

faysalaaa
5 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

When did religion come into it tho? You’re saying that a more sexually open society and one that discusses safe sex had made teens have sex, I don’t think that’s true

I never said that though! I said that we can influence culture to change the percentage of teens sexual activity. While most people here are saying we cant change it, it is what it is, lets just accept it and handout condoms.

Edited by faysalaaa1

Ladle Ghoulash
12 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

You dont find it controversial because you are fine with the idea of treating your kid as a statistic, while I believe I can help my kid be part of the 60% that dont have sex as an underage. We can change underage sex because the percentage of high school students in the US who reported that they have ever had sexual intercourse dropped from 54.1% in 1991 to 47.8% in 2007, 43% in 2011 and 39.5% in 2017.

Im also did not say teachers are intentionally incentivising kids to have sex, but handing it out normalizes it, which leads to incentives to have sex.

Just because a kid is given a condom doesn’t mean that they’re going to have sex, but okay lmao. Also I love that you tried to make it a personal attack about what I would want for my hypothetical child, but I’ll ignore that attempted ad hominem foolishness. So if underage sex is declining and yet condoms are still available in schools, doesn’t that kind of undercut your argument that there’s a correlation between contraceptives being available vs. contraceptives being used? And, I’m so sorry, but saying “teachers aren’t incentivizing it, but by normalizing it, they’re incentivizing it” is really…interesting semantic jargon lol

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash

TEANUS
2 minutes ago, faysalaaa1 said:

I never said that! I said that we can influence culture to change the percentage of teens sexual activity. Instead of just accepting the idea of it is what it is. Most people here are saying we cant change it, it is what it is, lets just accept it and handout condoms.

You said it’s a culture of normalizing sex is what creates the issue of teens having sex :laughga:

7 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

And its not true teens will never stop having sex, its the culture of normalizing this that create it.

Edited by TEANUS

• SharkmanthaC locked, unlocked and locked this topic