💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen says children ruined her music career

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Lily Allen  told the Radio Times Podcast: ‘My children ruined my career. I love them and they complete me, but in terms of pop-stardom, they totally ruined it.

‘I get really annoyed when people say you can have it all because, quite frankly, you can’t.

‘Some people choose their career over their children and that’s their prerogative, but my parents were quite absent when I was a kid. Lily's father is actor Keith Allen, who walked out on her film producer mother Alison Owen, when Lily was four years old.

‘I feel like it left some nasty scars that I’m not willing to repeat on mine.’

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 7
  • Love 3
  • Sad 2

Gohan
Just now, Teletubby said:

‘I feel like it left some nasty scars that I’m not willing to repeat on mine.’

She chose to ruin her career though.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • Like 1

Roughhouse Dandy

Clock it. Drag those kids, sis. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 54
  • YAAAS 11
  • Thanks 2

BlingNotTheMusic

Tbh I get it. The world is overpopulated anyway !

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 5

holy scheisse

Some women choose to have kids, and some women choose to have pop stardom. If youre wondering which way to go remember that your pop stardom will never wake up and tell you that it pooped its pants 

- lady garbanzo

• LMAO 42
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

Ladle Ghoulash
14 minutes ago, Gohan said:

She chose to ruin her career though.

…did you read the section you just quoted? She’s referring to how being the child of active showbiz parents ruined her parents’ relationship and THAT’S what left nasty scars and so she’s saying she dialed back her career for the sake of not being an absent parent. 

Edited by Ladle Ghoulash
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Bronco

I mean I definitely disagree. 

Madonna didn't tour between the end of the Girlie Show tour until the Drowned World tour about 7 years later in part to focus on newishly born Lourdes and lets face it, Ray of Light having a dedicated tour in 98/99 had the potential to set records given how big the album was. Didn't ruin her career. 

P!nk took 2 1/2 years off between her biggest era & tour in order to have a kid. And then followed it up with an even longer break for a 2nd kid. And in that time she went from Arenas to Stadiums. 

What hurt Lily Allen's career was her having mental health issues (inc postnatal depression), she was basically the UK media's punching bag after Britney and by all accounts had a **** childhood. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Schwerk

She's not bitter about it, she's just stating facts. Pop stardom is very demanding. Sure there are people like Beyonce or Madonna that can combine it with motherhood, but Lily couldn't imagine herself doing it without compromising something and with her childhood she didn't want to risk any compromise. I've read her book and she's very self aware and takes a lot of risks and she's been through a lot, also with having kids in the first place.

Gaga was fearing the same, that you can't have both. I feel like she can, with compromises, but you can be a popstar and a mom. The industry just has to be reworked a bit and don't expect artists to release back to back and tour non stop. Look at Adele. She's playing by her own rules. 

Edited by Schwerk
According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch
  • Like 10

HotLikeMexico

she came for those cheetoh fingered gremlins.

Edited by HotLikeMexico
  • LMAO 3

JessFletch

Lily in the recording studio:

23570787.gif

Use your maternal resentment to concoct more bangers like "Everyone's At It" PLEASE!!!

🌝🍂🧪
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2

Bolkins

There were at least 3/4 years she could have released a 3rd album before motherhood, but she waited like 6 years between her 2nd and 3rd album. Things seem to be holding her back even before kids, so to blame them seems a bit harsh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bronco
14 minutes ago, Bolkins said:

There were at least 3/4 years she could have released a 3rd album before motherhood, but she waited like 6 years between her 2nd and 3rd album. Things seem to be holding her back even before kids, so to blame them seems a bit harsh. 

She suffered a miscarriage before the 2nd album, got pressured into releasing it that year (2008) anyway. Toured it until 2010. Then had her first kid in 2011. Not sure how she could have fit in a third album in 9 months 😅

Besides she started recording Sheezus in 2012. But delayed it because she had a 2nd child in 2013 & had postnatal depression. 

• Like 5