Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Halloween TV Series to be a creative reset for the franchise

David Ward

Featured Posts

David Ward

What can we expect from the Halloween TV series, you ask? For starters, don’t expect any kind of continuation to the storyline from David Gordon Green’s Halloween trilogy.

“The foundation of it is the original film, the John Carpenter movie, the characters of that film, and perhaps a group of characters that we haven’t really focused on that much in recent film versions or even in a number of them,” Helwig teases.

“It’s a creative reset completely and going back to the original film, as opposed to spinning out of any of the more recent film adaptations.”

Helwig also notes, “We’re on a fast track, it’s a big priority for us. We’ve had lots of exciting conversations in recent months with a number of really talented people, and I think we’ll have a pretty good idea of what we’re going to be doing very soon. We’re hoping to lock down the creative team very soon.”

As a reminder, Miramax co-owns the Halloween film rights alongside Trancas. In other words, this new universe from Miramax and Trancas could potentially span film and television.

4198_D019_00497.jpg

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3803128/halloween-miramax-tv-series-will-be-a-creative-reset-for-the-franchise-heres-the-latest/?fbclid=IwAR2EWw8-Thf7WWFIE5wtJXRhxmhAvqddHOrQdQsf6rEYuOAO5ug4dkI50MM

Edited by David Ward
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1

Mister G
39 minutes ago, David Ward said:

What can we expect from the Halloween TV series, you ask? For starters, don’t expect any kind of continuation to the storyline from David Gordon Green’s Halloween trilogy.

“The foundation of it is the original film, the John Carpenter movie, the characters of that film, and perhaps a group of characters that we haven’t really focused on that much in recent film versions or even in a number of them,” Helwig teases.

“It’s a creative reset completely and going back to the original film, as opposed to spinning out of any of the more recent film adaptations.”

Helwig also notes, “We’re on a fast track, it’s a big priority for us. We’ve had lots of exciting conversations in recent months with a number of really talented people, and I think we’ll have a pretty good idea of what we’re going to be doing very soon. We’re hoping to lock down the creative team very soon.”

As a reminder, Miramax co-owns the Halloween film rights alongside Trancas. In other words, this new universe from Miramax and Trancas could potentially span film and television.

4198_D019_00497.jpg

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3803128/halloween-miramax-tv-series-will-be-a-creative-reset-for-the-franchise-heres-the-latest/?fbclid=IwAR2EWw8-Thf7WWFIE5wtJXRhxmhAvqddHOrQdQsf6rEYuOAO5ug4dkI50MM

Honestly here for this. Big fan of the Halloween series, however I will say that many of the entries and timeline reboots made no sense or made the storylines extremely sloppy. The reboot trilogy from the last 6 years that are direct sequels to the original 1978 film are my least favorite, and hated that they were very quick to dismiss the original lore of Michael being Laurie Strode's brother. 

Edited by Mister G
  • Like 3

JessFletch

Part of me wants this series to RIP...

another part wants it to recover from the NIGHTMARE of Ends.

Still hoping they bring Freddy back, sooner rather than later.

So much potential there 😴👹

edit- please god keep DGG away from it though 🤢

Edited by JessFletch
🌝🍂🧪
  • Like 2

LaFama

I have 0 faith on this, but I’ll watch anyways. If I hear a single “evil dies tonight” tho . . . 

Its not a fedora u f*ck
  • LMAO 6
  • Love 1

bionic

laurie strode will never be allowed to rest god damn

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

TimotheeChalamet

The world could definitely go on without this tbh, but let's see what they do. It shouldn't be hard to do better than Halloween Ends (although Resurrection remains the worst in the franchise) 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Like 1

TimotheeChalamet
2 hours ago, JessFletch said:

Part of me wants this series to RIP...

another part wants it to recover from the NIGHTMARE of Ends.

Still hoping they bring Freddy back, sooner rather than later.

So much potential there 😴👹

edit- please god keep DGG away from it though 🤢

I would love to see A Nightmare on Elm Street getting a proper reboot (not that crappy remake from 2010) since it's my all time favorite horror saga but as of now it's impossible due to legal stuff happening with the rights, same with Friday the 13th. The problem with bringing Freddy back is that Robert Englund did such a perfect job that nobody could ever come closer to it, so the character would not feel the same. Just like when Doug Bradley stopped playing Pinhead in Hellraiser, it became an anonymous mess

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Love 2

JessFletch
44 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

I would love to see A Nightmare on Elm Street getting a proper reboot (not that crappy remake from 2010) since it's my all time favorite horror saga but as of now it's impossible due to legal stuff happening with the rights, same with Friday the 13th. The problem with bringing Freddy back is that Robert Englund did such a perfect job that nobody could ever come closer to it, so the character would not feel the same. Just like when Doug Bradley stopped playing Pinhead in Hellraiser, it became an anonymous mess

I must confess, I enjoyed the 2010 one 🤡 maybe just because of time/place/good memories, though.

The special effects and the acting left a lot to be desired, but I thought the score was beautiful and spooky. Same thing with Friday the 13th 2009- though THAT movie was actually pretty decent in most regards

Spoilers

Spoiler

Danielle Panabaker should NOT have died so suddenly near the end, though. Still makes me so sad/mad haha

Robert Englund has said he's finished playing Freddy and that he wants Kevin Bacon to play the role now. At first I didn't see it... but the more I think about it, the more I think he could pull it off.

Crispy Bacon? 🥓🔥

🌝🍂🧪

Lextyr97

Thank god it’s separate because Halloween Ends is one of the worst movies from a franchise I’ve ever seen

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

TimotheeChalamet
9 hours ago, JessFletch said:

I must confess, I enjoyed the 2010 one 🤡 maybe just because of time/place/good memories, though.

The special effects and the acting left a lot to be desired, but I thought the score was beautiful and spooky. Same thing with Friday the 13th 2009- though THAT movie was actually pretty decent in most regards

Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Danielle Panabaker should NOT have died so suddenly near the end, though. Still makes me so sad/mad haha

Robert Englund has said he's finished playing Freddy and that he wants Kevin Bacon to play the role now. At first I didn't see it... but the more I think about it, the more I think he could pull it off.

Crispy Bacon? 🥓🔥

What's your favorite of the series?

I enjoyed the remake when I saw it in theaters, but I was 15 and way less skilled about what good movies are hahaha I'll give them that they built a good atmosphere at times but the jumpscares were annoying and that iconic wall scene redone in digital was just... 

Anyways yes, Kevin Bacon would be a nice choice. 

As for Friday the 13th, I hated that too and watched it mostly because of the body count, the whole cast was just dead meat to me

huttont

I would love for the series to be an anthology like how Halloween originally was intended to be

Roughhouse Dandy

Please God give us Season of the Witch vibes I beg of you 🙏🏼 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
On 3/8/2024 at 8:46 PM, Lextyr97 said:

Thank god it’s separate because Halloween Ends is one of the worst movies from a franchise I’ve ever seen

This hyperbole though pls 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Times like this I miss @doot - he’s as big as a fan as me. I’m very excited about this and had no idea it was in active development. I assumed we’d have to wait like 4-7 years for this to come to fruition.  

JessFletch
On 3/9/2024 at 4:15 AM, TimotheeChalamet said:

What's your favorite of the series?

I enjoyed the remake when I saw it in theaters, but I was 15 and way less skilled about what good movies are hahaha I'll give them that they built a good atmosphere at times but the jumpscares were annoying and that iconic wall scene redone in digital was just... 

Anyways yes, Kevin Bacon would be a nice choice. 

As for Friday the 13th, I hated that too and watched it mostly because of the body count, the whole cast was just dead meat to me

I'm SO sorry, man- I just saw this now 🙃

I was 14! Good times- that definitely colors our perception of movies. A terrible film can be something special to us if the life circumstances are right

I normally have pretty good taste in movies (IMO) but in this case, I question myself lol.

I love the first one of course, the second one was entertaining (the relationship between the male and female lead was unique and watchable, though the pool party ruined it for me)..... and then, again for nostalgic reasons, FvJ was a MOMENT ⚔️🔥 I'm not even a "horror fan," but I recognized how special that movie was. So bizarre that THAT was Englund's last appearance as Freddy. Hopefully he comes back for a cameo in some capacity 🤞🏼

What were your faves?

edit- don't remember which one it was, but that roach motel scene traumatized the hell out of me lol

Edited by JessFletch
🌝🍂🧪