danbekim

Angel Down  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• Original
    • Work Tape

Featured Posts

danbekim

I was recently re-listening Joanne and figured I'd do a post on here about Angel Down. It's definitely one of my favorites by Gaga ever and I am very delighted she released two versions of the song. Which one do you prefer? The original version or the "Work Tape" version?

For me, I'd have to say the Work Tape version, somehow it's an even more stripped down version of a slow song. I really like her emotions coming through with her vocals towards the end. It's a really great song with a really moving message behind it. I hope she'll release more songs like this one in the future :kara:

Edited by danbekim
If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!
  • Love 2

Anderson123

Work Tape is nice and I like what she was doing with RedOne but the final version took it to the next level. I like the instrumental a lot. It's haunting, tragic, depressing.

• Like 7

Quentin
29 minutes ago, danbekim said:

I was recently re-listening Joanne and figured I'd do a post on here about Angel Down. It's definitely one of my favorites by Gaga ever and I am very delighted she released two versions of the song. Which one do you prefer? The original version or the "Work Tape" version?

For me, I'd have to say the Work Tape version, somehow it's an even more stripped down version of a slow song. I really like her emotions coming through with her vocals towards the end. It's a really great song with a really moving message behind it. I hope she'll release more songs like this one in the future :kara:

You could make a poll! That would be nice :)

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

danbekim
9 minutes ago, Quentin said:

You could make a poll! That would be nice :)

I totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder :holdmyhand:

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!
  • Love 1

TimotheeChalamet

The album version is haunting and beautiful. The work tape is too high pitched for my taste. 

• Like 3

Westerosi

Work Tape is haunting and beautiful and one of my favourite things she's ever created. But those sombre electronic hooks in Angel Down are just too stunning to ignore. I think about them almost every day.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 2

Agunimon

I prefer the work tape by a mile. I really don't like the album version.

Sherry
3 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

The album version is haunting and beautiful. 

58 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

Work Tape is haunting and beautiful

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Edited by Sherry
Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚
  • LMAO 2

Westerosi
3 minutes ago, Sherry said:

If You Say So Shrug GIF

They both are but I stand by it and think that Work Tape is far more haunting.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Bowman

The album version feels easier to listen to, the work tape is quite intense I think 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 2

King of the Fall

I find the work tape much more emotionally stirring. The version that ended up on the album is unnecssarily overproduced and she plays it more safe with the vocals.

Edited by North Country Guy
The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page
  • Like 1

Westerosi
3 hours ago, North Country Guy said:

I find the work tape much more emotionally stirring. The version that ended up on the album is unnecssarily overproduced and she plays it more safe with the vocals.

I actual found Joanne as a whole slightly over-engineered. I don't think it's because of Mark or Gaga, I think the masters engineer went a bit too crazy during the mixing process. 

• Like 1