Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

New Album - Batman by Prince?

BricksNStrings

Featured Posts

BricksNStrings

In 1989, Prince released BATMAN, an album of original Prince music to correspond with the blockbuster film by Tim Burton that came out the same year. 

Separate from the actual Danny Elfman OST, the record was its entire own concept album, of POP songs, complete with singles and music videos. Several songs appeared in the film, several didn't.

We all know how Gaga is a student of pop culture. She was 3 when this came out and would have likely known about it. Martin Kierszenbaum (Cherry Cherry Boom Boom) mentioned their very first conversation when they met was over shared love of Prince - so all the Prince-inspo-related-evidence lately notwithstanding, Gaga's probably been a student of his career for as long as Bowie, Madonna, Springsteen, etc.

Just a little pet theory/ food for thought...in light of Gaga's Batman adjacent film coming out later this year.

Edited by BricksNStrings
  • Like 12
  • YAAAS 7
  • Shook 5

Killa

I see you all talk about prince but can you enlist all the real prince hints, not the suppositions because there’s something purple or a guitar lol

That she’d be influenced by Joker makes sense. Dont know i havent thought of that. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Edonis
9 minutes ago, BricksNStrings said:

so all the Prince-inspo-related-evidence lately notwithstanding, Gaga's probably been a student of his career for as long as Bowie, Madonna, Springsteen, etc.

She thanked him in the album booklet of The Fame and has drawn inspiration from him on several occasions. I would be downright shocked if she wasn't lol. Anyways, yes, I highly suspect she'll draw inspiration from Prince's artistry on this next record, including a possible homage to Joker a la Batman 89. It's part of the reason why I've had that theory since last fall around the time we saw the first teased pics. It just made sense that sooner, rather than later, she'd draw an era out directly inspired by his music/imagery. 

Edited by Edonis
  • Like 5

Starmie25
10 minutes ago, Killa said:

I see you all talk about prince but can you enlist all the real prince hints, not the suppositions because there’s something purple or a guitar lol

That she’d be influenced by Joker makes sense. Dont know i havent thought of that. 

Purple lights 

The jazz band mentioning Prince 

Her comment about "sexy never left"

And now Batman

• Like 8

BricksNStrings
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Killa said:

Sorry not sure how to embed Tweets (I know that's cringe af but I hardly ever post here), but in addition to the horn player's Prince reference in his caption, the purple light, and the Batman connection, there's also this: 

https://x.com/zeddyinnit/status/1764825649699529046?s=46

See Tweet below it too for Prince connection

EDIT: and oh yeah Sexy Never Left too!

Edited by BricksNStrings
  • Shook 1

Shanghaikid43

Ooohh, I’m intrigued by this. I assume she’ll at least do a single for the movie though? Or maybe a combo like the Star is Born Soundtrack. 

Side Note: Since the first time I heard Marry the Night, I alway suspected that the percussion during the verses in “The Future”, the first track to Prince’s Batman album, was a huge inspiration for Gaga/Garibay. There’s something about both the drum sound chosen and the pattern that is always evocative of that era of Prince’s sound. Also fitting that they’re both opening tracks. 

I’ve never heard confirmation if that was intentional or not but given her influences it’s not exactly a reach. prince GIF

• YAAAS 3
  • Shook 2

GypsyVida
31 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Purple lights 

The jazz band mentioning Prince 

Her comment about "sexy never left"

And now Batman

Also there was a picture of Prince on the wall in the background of one of her studio pics

Stream COWBOY CARTER
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

King of the Fall

Hmmm this sounds really interesting. The Batman Soundtrack has a funk/rock sound to it. People have already been speculating about Gaga taking inspiration from David Bowie Station to Station which incorporated funk as well.

I think the odds of a funk/rock album with Gaga's usual pop sensibilities added on is looking good at this point. Here is a track from the soundtrack that gives a good idea of some of the sounds Gaga could be pulling from.

Edited by North Country Guy
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

Killa
1 minute ago, GypsyVida said:

Also there was a picture of Prince on the wall in the background of one of her studio pics

This is the only one that is less of a stretch to me

Killa
Just now, North Country Guy said:

Hmmm this sounds really interesting. The Batman Soundtrack has a funk/rock sound to it. People have already been speculating about Gaga taking inspiration from David Bowie Station to Station which incorporated funk as well.

I think the odds of a rock/funk/ album are looking good at this point. Here is a track from the soundtrack that gives a good idea of some of the sounds Gaga could be pulling from.

This was my first thought. Its not the first time that funk genre can be somehow hinted. And would go along with the instrumentation so far

• Like 3

julz

It's like the stars align for Gaga...Her being casted in Joker 2...and being Harley. Also knowing that David Bowie inspired her artistry...and now LG7 being David Bowie-coded considering these hints and teases. Like, the dots connect!! :bradley:

Truly a personification of destiny.

• Love 2

Starmie25

Something tells me LG7 will be like 

Enigma x Sexxx Dreams x Electric Chapel sound! 

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 3

TimotheeChalamet
4 hours ago, GypsyVida said:

This is unrelated though because the picture has always been in the studio 

• Thanks 2