💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift Singapore exclusive deal criticised by other Asian countries

Teletubby

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

wasn’t it confirmed that the phillipenes didn’t have a venue that could accommodate the eras tour stage?? i’m not sure how truthful this is

• Like 1

boyerased
8 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

wasn’t it confirmed that the phillipenes didn’t have a venue that could accommodate the eras tour stage?? i’m not sure how truthful this is

Yeah we don’t have a venue. We have a 50k capacity venue but an arena with a small floor. Coldplay had to cut their stage. We have athletic stadiums but they’re like 20k capacity so it won’t make sense economically. Too bad, since she could easily sell out three or more dates here. 

RAMROD
17 minutes ago, dit said:

fair but if it wants to be a fully integrated neighbor and cooperate with the other ASEAN nations it needs to stop doing things like this. ASEAN is probably the second or third biggest economic block after European Union and the Common Wealth economic block. Singapore's economy relies HEAVELY on it's much more populated neighbors. It may be the big dog economically in the region but it relies a lot on it's big neighbors as consumers. Regional economy is all a balancing act of give and take. When you hog up things, you are creating issues and it can tip the scales against you. Singapore needs to treed lightly . 

The fact that SG is very closely tied to 🇮🇱 yet many citizens of their neighbors, Indonesia, the largest Muslim nation in the world, topped the ranking for the most amount of tourists to Singapore for 2023 at 2.3 million, with  Malaysia, followed at #3, tells me otherwise. Singapore tourism will be fine regardless, they offer what the citizens of these 2 countries cannot experience in their own home country. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ WUMBOLOGY! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

Aren

People in the Philippines literally WORSHIP Taylor. If that’s true, she didn’t need those extra $3M per show, she’s already a billionaire. If I was a Filipino fan, I would be extremely disappointed.

Conservative Mom

cry baby cry :ladyhaha:

I stand with Singapore on this one :vegas:

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Lumiere
5 hours ago, Teletubby said:

Filipino politician Joey Salceda is also speaking out about the perceived economic slight. He has called upon his country's department of foreign affairs to protest the grant awarded to Swift.

He told local outlets that the neighboring governments are meant to be allies, working in tandem to strengthen the region and that the deal Singapore brokered is a hurtful betrayal.

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF

JorgeX

Well it’s pretty clear that she’s a business woman, and business is all she does.

• Like 1

Sherry
3 hours ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

I honestly can’t imaging being a billionaire, and then intentionally accepting a deal for more money. Does she really need the additional $3 million from each show? No. She could have easily helped boost all of these countries economies, but chose her own pocket to fill. 

I’m not surprised. With the CO2 emissions, the album multiple versions, now this….. Ngl I’m very disappointed. If any other artist did this, they would’ve been over by now but Taylor knows to slap money to keep them haters shut. 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

edengowon

the way i see it, this was likely just a smart business move. she probably didn't have the ability to take the eras tour to any other countries in the region anyway, primarily because of the immense scale and cost, with the stage being too large for many venues by itself. so i'm assuming she just accepted the deal from singapore knowing it was the only feasible option anyway, it makes the most sense, especially for a tour that's prioritised having as many dates as possible. even from the most cold-hearted, business-orientated perspective, she'd make an insane amount of money in the philippines or thailand, and i don't think she intentionally slighted them to accept this deal. it just wouldn't be 'smart' to miss out on two huge markets where she could make a lot of money without good reason.

the artist formerly known as melancholia
  • Like 3

Future Lovers

The reality is though that there are no other Southeast Asian countries that could've hosted this tour even without this deal. 

Either there is no venue big enough or the infrastructure doesn't exist to safely get however many hundreds of thousands of people attending around safely. That's not to mention the economic situations, political tensions, and religious issues that exist in other countries in this region. 

Singapore was always going to be the only option, deal or no deal. 

There are reasons it's not super common for Western artists to tour this area period, and I've got no doubt they contributed largely to the planning of this tour. Honestly, they're quite lucky she's even doing Singapore. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 1

StrawberryBlond

I had no idea countries could do this. To take away business from another country's economy isn't conducive to public relations. Singapore already is a very rich place with a majorly successful tourism market. What does it need any more for? Pure greed on Taylor's part to accept this and isn't a good look. Her requirements ensuring that even these other countries biggest stadiums aren't enough just shows how money-focused this tour is, instead of providing an experience for fans. Hold it outdoors if that's the case, but oh no, this tour has to look just so, at enclosed stadiums. There's always been speculation as to why artists don't perform in various countries but to find out that this can be one of the reasons is a real slap in the face to the fans who live there. 

Tyler1992

This practise affected Coldplay fans when it was announced Perth would have the only dates in Oceania, after the city paid for exclusivity. It was circumnavigated by announcing dates later on in Sydney and Melbourne a year later for the same tour. 

Personally I thought this was a dirty move, as the tour promoted environmental practices, and fans had to fly across the continent to see the live show. 

16 hours ago, Future Lovers said:

The reality is though that there are no other Southeast Asian countries that could've hosted this tour even without this deal. 

Either there is no venue big enough or the infrastructure doesn't exist to safely get however many hundreds of thousands of people attending around safely. That's not to mention the economic situations, political tensions, and religious issues that exist in other countries in this region. 

If Taylor extends the tour, I could see another Southeast Asian leg- Philippines (Philippines Arena), Indonesia (Gelora Bung Karno Main Stadium), Malaysia (Bukit Jalil National Stadium), Thailand (Rajamangala Stadium). They’ve all hosted big western acts just fine, and Taylor is much less controversial than Beyonce or Lady Gaga. As long as the contract wasn’t Eras Tour specific, she may have just made $18 million for a bit of exclusivity. 

The pitch for all the stadiums would hold her shows just fine, some are even larger than Singapores.

On 3/3/2024 at 2:21 PM, EGOT2027 said:

I think this was debunked when Canada dates were announced. Both stadiums in Toronto and Vancouver hold approx 55,000 and 54,000. 

• Thanks 1

RadioIsOurs

I mean you are talking about an international icon known for being ultra capitalistic, somewhat spineless, having a pension for suing the people beneath them, and reeks of covert conservativism. 

Oh am I referring to Taylor or Singapore here? I'll let you decide... :trollga:

Edited by RadioIsOurs
  • LMAO 1

TAIPEI

she's not just an artist, songwriter, singer, performer or an grammys winner, she's businesswoman :vegas:

the singaporean government & organizer are wise and visionary, but this has totally unfair and disrespectful to her fans coming from other countries including us which are nearby SG, people spends times and lots money took trip for flying, not mentioned the potential hazard for it.

for those who said LG cares bling not the music, you should watching the way TS & her team do this to her asian fans and grab money from them, and she'll keeps doing this for next tour if there's an asian leg :iamfair: 

and after all this world will keep worshipping & being obsessed with her constantly, nobody will cares this anymore :oops:

Edited by TAIPEI