💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Anitta and Sam Smith shelved collaboration to be released

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Update:
Anitta new album, Funk Generation, will be released on April 26, 2024.

line.png
The single “I Wanna Be” feat. Sam Smith from Anitta’s new album had its release canceled. The music video, a mega production with a carnival theme, was already recorded and ready, but was reportedly canceled due to Sam Smith's rebranding.

Edited by Teletubby
Cockroach of GGD
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 8

Red

If Chromatica had been delayed even further because Ariana cancelled Rain on Me I would have snatched her ponytail with my teeth

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 32
  • Thanks 1

• CyanLights changed the title to Anitta's album delayed due to canceled Sam Smith collaboration
Gohan

All of this because Sam allegedly trying to clean their public image after the Gloria era and by the leaked pictures from set it was a provocative mess like that era. Guess now that it doesn't work anymore there's no much pride left as it looked like during that era :giggle:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

bionic

Sam really going to try and whitewash their career back to mid 2010s when they were just a sad lonely gay singing say lonely gay songs??

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 10
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Grigio Guy
1 minute ago, bionic said:

Sam really going to try and whitewash his career back to mid 2010s when he was just a sad lonely gay singing say lonely gay songs??

They/them, but regardless, their content is bland and stale anyway. I doubt a rebrand will change anything

Religion is a product to sell.
  • Like 7

bionic
On 3/1/2024 at 6:00 PM, Grigio Guy said:

They/them, but regardless, their content is bland and stale anyway. I doubt a rebrand will change anything

Sorry will edit post, was not aware. I don't think Sam will be given the luxury of being able to revert the sex-positive branding they had 

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 3

27monster27
21 minutes ago, Cereza said:

All of this because Sam allegedly trying to clean their public image after the Gloria era and by the leaked pictures from set it was a provocative mess like that era. Guess now that it doesn't work anymore there's no much pride left as it looked like during that era :giggle:

Why is everyone calling that era messy? LGBTQ+ people should be supporting their sexual freedom, not hating it. I don't get it.

he/him/his
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Bronco
14 minutes ago, bionic said:

Sorry will edit post, was not aware. I don't think Sam will be given the luxury of being able to revert the sex-positive branding he had 

I think the biggest issue with Sam's "Sex-positive" era is it felt far too much like a stunt as opposed to an actual political statement. At least that's how it felt for me personally, partly because of how very alien it seemed to Sam's image before & after the era. 

Like with Kim Petras it is very on brand, when Madonna released Erotica it came after years of highly sexualised performances and overtly politicised music.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Catnikko
5 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Why is everyone calling that era messy? LGBTQ+ people should be supporting their sexual freedom, not hating it. I don't get it.

because it was messy, the same way when miley started twerking i didn't like that either i just found it annoying :air: it just doesn't work for them specifically imo it just felt try hard and slightly cringe

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Pamplemousse

Hope they rot. They clearly want the gp to like them again, but gp is so OVER them.

• Sad 2

weed

Very sad to hear about Sam. Love a rebrand but also hate their (alleged) reasoning

Red
1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

Fatphobia

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 2

Gohan
1 hour ago, 27monster27 said:

:

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

I think the biggest issue with Sam's "Sex-positive" era is it felt far too much like a stunt as opposed to an actual political statement. At least that's how it felt for me personally, partly because of how very alien it seemed to Sam's image before & after the era. 

Like with Kim Petras it is very on brand, when Madonna released Erotica it came after years of highly sexualised performances and overtly politicised music.

And the fact that Sam can't even keep that pride for the era and now trying to clean that image, why should we "support" it?  giphy.gif?cid=5e214886876eea82ab444caf33

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 6

27monster27
54 minutes ago, Cereza said:

:

And the fact that Sam can't even keep that pride for the era and now trying to clean that image, why should we "support" it?  giphy.gif?cid=5e214886876eea82ab444caf33

Try to look at it without hindsight. You didn't want to support it then when you should have.

he/him/his

Catnikko
3 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Try to look at it without hindsight. You didn't want to support it then when you should have.

just because sam is gay doesn't mean every queer person has to like what they were doing 

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 12
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 9

• Teletubby changed the title to Anitta and Sam Smith shelved collaboration to be released