Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
rumor

Gaga hosted a Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals event at her mansion last night

Stef

Featured Posts

TortureMeOnReplay
9 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Tbh i don't agree. Maybe the stans are getting disgruntled, but I think she is more well regarded by the GP now than throughout most of the rest of her career.

As a celebrity/public figure, how much does GP support help if they're not buying her products though? The GP will buy whatever make up works well within the target price range and stream whatever music is trendy. A core following is who continues to support monetarily. The amount of Monsters that buy HL is high, the people buying her music are mostly monsters, and the ones going to see her movies are largely core fans thirsting for entertainment from her as well. It doesn't really matter that she's more respected by the GP at the end of the day because they might try her music/movies/makeup, but they're not investing heaps of money into it. 

Viewing Gaga as the person rather than the brand, all of this starts to feel a little like baiting to me. Between the possibly fake TCB film apology, the association with healthcare conglomerates, and her constant advertisement, it feels like she's stringing along LMs who are with her largely for the music in order to line her pockets. Music has taken a backseat and her communication and follow through on things is very scarce, and it's a little disheartening knowing this is coming from the person who essentially popularized Stan culture and built a name (now seemingly just a brand) around personal connection. I would like to think what she's doing is what makes her happy, but then I get another notification for x Collab/non-music release and it bothers me a bit more every time. 

Edited by TortureMeOnReplay
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OutsideWoodys

I really just don’t understand why she’s put so much of her career effort into a brand that will only ever be AT BEST the third or fourth most popular celebrity beauty brand? Even if her magic potions boost the brand it will never surpass Rih or Kylie - I just don’t get why she’d waste her legacy this way. 

• Like 1

Monstermilo

she worked hard for her money she can invest it however she pleases 

plus the company clinuvel is rolling out treatment for vitiligo an autoimmune disease. that seems like a good cause since it gives people an option for treatment. 

of course i want new music but if she feels passionate about helping this company? who are we to tell her she cant do it???

most of ur fave artists have companies that yall know nothing about and have investments in god knows what

why cant Gaga??? 

Edited by Monstermilo
  • Thanks 1

Ivy
12 hours ago, OutsideWoodys said:

I really just don’t understand why she’s put so much of her career effort into a brand that will only ever be AT BEST the third or fourth most popular celebrity beauty brand? Even if her magic potions boost the brand it will never surpass Rih or Kylie - I just don’t get why she’d waste her legacy this way. 

I wonder if she's going into the skincare area? I think it's pretty saturated too tho

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, Ivy said:

I wonder if she's going into the skincare area? I think it's pretty saturated too tho

A lot of HL products already have skincare ingredients in them, I wouldn’t be surprised if they come out with skincare-only products in the future since they already use them 

• Like 3

Westerosi
On 3/1/2024 at 3:50 PM, Mother of Puppies said:

I am surprised that anyone would be surprised she’s doing this… she’s talked about it 4 years ago in that Oprah interview :ohwell:

This.

I'm speaking as someone who is personally anti-pharma, because I've been misdiagnosed, mistreated and left on medication I shouldn't have been on for far too long. This has also happened to family members. I've never had a good experience with medication for mental health. 

Yet medication saved my life. And saved the lives of many of us on this site. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. 

Is big pharma corrupt? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean every visionary who seeks to cure the world of illness is willing to do it at the cost of other's health and lives. 

Put it this way, if Gaga's involved, then I'm willing to listen and set aside my prejudice around medication. She knows the right questions to ask and has a habit of allying herself with others who share her vision.

Lots of you guys complain about billionaires and how selfish they are. Well here you have a bunch of rich people actually putting their money into something that, who knows, could cure disease one day. We have the money, time and resources, so we'd be foolish not to try. I'm glad at least Gaga is leading the frontier on this one because these she is a conscientious, loving individual whose humanity, empathy and desire for real world change is unparalleled. 

If rich people are gonna pump their money into big pharma as they always have, let it be her. 

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Love 2

Westerosi
On 3/4/2024 at 1:45 AM, Spartacus said:

What's comical is that those on here bashing her for doing this, think that by continuing to bash her, she's going to stop. 

They do?

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • LMAO 2

RadioIsOurs
On 3/1/2024 at 11:04 PM, Stef said:

Translation: Josh Friedman, screenwriter of "Avatar: The Way of Water" and the new version of "Fantastic Four", was present at dinner at Lady Gaga's house yesterday (29).

Omg hope she gets to play some Na'vi pop goddess :pray:

Rat Q

It’s weird cuz I’m extremely familiar with that beauty YouTuber. She posts videos mainly surrounding makeup tones and products friendly for persons of colour and what she prefers herserself. It’s just strange to see two of my interest universes intersect like that I mean I know Gaga is deeply in the beauty world now but I think it’s pretty cool to see her with a content creator I’m pretty familiar with. I just love cosmetics sm 🥲 and I like seeing people gain success,,

"Hesperus is Phosphorus"

Gaga2645

This thread turned to a dumpster fire so quick 

People really think streaming music isn’t playing into capitalism? :ladyhaha:

Spartacus
21 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

This.

I'm speaking as someone who is personally anti-pharma, because I've been misdiagnosed, mistreated and left on medication I shouldn't have been on for far too long. This has also happened to family members. I've never had a good experience with medication for mental health. 

Yet medication saved my life. And saved the lives of many of us on this site. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis. 

Is big pharma corrupt? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean every visionary who seeks to cure the world of illness is willing to do it at the cost of other's health and lives. 

Put it this way, if Gaga's involved, then I'm willing to listen and set aside my prejudice around medication. She knows the right questions to ask and has a habit of allying herself with others who share her vision.

Lots of you guys complain about billionaires and how selfish they are. Well here you have a bunch of rich people actually putting their money into something that, who knows, could cure disease one day. We have the money, time and resources, so we'd be foolish not to try. I'm glad at least Gaga is leading the frontier on this one because these she is a conscientious, loving individual whose humanity, empathy and desire for real world change is unparalleled. 

If rich people are gonna pump their money into big pharma as they always have, let it be her. 

Wonderfully put. :heart:

Gaga is an "entertainer only" to most of those that frequent these online forums. I get that. However, Gaga has made it clear long ago that she is passionate about things outside of the entertainment world and she's going to explore them no matter what we think.

Some of y'all have been "bashing" her and Haus for YEARS thinking they're going to bend to your demands and... clearly that's not working. If it was working she would've stopped the "pharma thing" after the migraine commercial lashings y'all gave her almost a year ago and you'd have LG7, the Chromatica Ball film, TLATL, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree by now... don't you think?

Over It Smiling GIF by Pretty Dudes

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • Love 1

Westerosi
7 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Wonderfully put. :heart:

Gaga is an "entertainer only" to most of those that frequent these online forums. I get that. However, Gaga has made it clear long ago that she is passionate about things outside of the entertainment world and she's going to explore them no matter what we think.

Some of y'all have been "bashing" her and Haus for YEARS thinking they're going to bend to your demands and... clearly that's not working. If it was working she would've stopped the "pharma thing" after the migraine commercial lashings y'all gave her almost a year ago and you'd have LG7, the Chromatica Ball film, TLATL, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree by now... don't you think?

Over It Smiling GIF by Pretty Dudes

When I was 12 and saw her get up on that club stage in a latex pantsuit and sunglasses, what made me say: "That lady is gonna have an Oscar and a Nobel Prize one day."

I was right about the Oscar, and this was during Just Dance era. 

I became a fan of her music not only because it was literally the best thing to happen to pop in 15 years, but because it was Gaga who made it. I'm a superfan of her oversoul. Real ones know that connection never breaks and if she announced her desire tomorrow to become a magazine editor, fashion director, chemist or even a damn cruise line singer, I would trust that she has her reasons for doing so.

I think it's more important to her to fulfill her soul and potential than to quench the perpetual thirst of commercial vampires. 

• Love 1

Dayman

I’m so confused by people in this thread talking like they have any clue what Clinuvel does, what their history is and what their link to Gaga is. It’s honestly not that hard to look into. (I don’t mean their fluff mission statement.)

Im not going to get super deep into their investors and chairmen that have been on FBIs most wanted list or had criminal investigations open on them. Or the details of their big “innovation” - a self tanner. Or that they used to be a cosmetics company named epitan. The fact that they haven’t been able to get FDA approval for their products despite having been in business since 1987. There’s plenty of articles about them and how they are suspicious going over all of this and more.

The important part is the link to Gaga. Sean Parker is a majority investor for Clinuvel currently. Michael is the CEO of The Parker Group. Sean introduced Michael and Gaga when she performed at an event for The Parker Group.

There’s reasons to look at her hosting a party at her literal house for such a thing with some level of scrutiny. You don’t have to be hateful or mean about it. But it’s not just the typical complaining and whining over nothing, this has more potential for ethical implications being involved just due to the nature of pharma companies in general.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Alexmeishaonv

At the event in Malibu, CLINUVEL announced the Photomedicine Foundation,  which will count Mr Polansky as a trustee. The initiative will help those most affected by debilitating conditions related to the sun.  Through the Foundation, CLINUVEL is taking its world-leading expertise directly to communities who cannot afford care or treatment. The foundation’s mission is to support vulnerable patients at extreme risk of photodamage and skin cancer in Africa, Middle East and Latin America. - Yahoo Finance

• Love 3

Ziggy

I’ll say something probably controversial here: but I think it’s all bc of Michael lol

ms Gagoo has a tendency, like many people and by her own admission, to take on a lot of her bf at a given moment.

Lüc: rock n roll and metal and rebellion vibes

Taylor: the persona of “The Artist” including partying and getting high as balls

Christian: well that was just weird lmao but I think being a perfect package

Michael: philanthropy and investment, two things she NEVER talked about like this before being with him.

i hesitate to say it’s the same as girlfriends becoming their bf’s bc it’s still in line with her values, but I think relationship to relationship the manifestation of those values seems to shift. Like I said, she never really did anything like this until dating Michael. She hardly called the BTW Foundation “philanthropy” despite it being that, didn’t talk about investments, etc. But we know those are his world.

• Like 4