Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorehound

• InTheCloset

• Natalia Kills

• Catnikko

Popular Days

Natalia Kills
1 minute ago, Gorehound said:

oops @InTheCloset I think you and Shawn have been told. You better tell him to stamp that cigarette out right now! The naughty boy.

Reveal hidden contents

also I didn't realise the NHS did ads on here.

No I'm not knocking @InTheCloset, I know they're teasing. I used to smoke through on-off periods in my late teens and grew up in a smoking home but stopped once I was diagnosed with autonomic disorder and we had a string of smoking-related family deaths. I can't look at cigarettes again the same way and the "only one won't hurt" was exactly what stung me. 

I'm just concerned it's bad that Shawn is featuring this on Instagram when we know he has a huge following of very impressionable young people. In his private space, it's his totally his choice, not a great one but still. But doing it on social media in a sexual, suggestive way isn't exactly a positive role model and it's fair to criticize given it's potential to cause a negative impact on public health. 

You do you ultimately. Sorry if it comes over self-righteous. 

• Love 2

InTheCloset
12 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

Definitely agree, but in the end of the day everyone (smokers included) already know and understand the health risks. So I get irritated when the self righteous lot swarm in vilifying anyone who smokes. Leave people alone to do what they wanna do it's their choice.

Also no one can deny that cigarettes have an aesthetic appeal and always have. (Ask Lana eg, or gangsters, greasers etc.)

I think when it come to celebs the narrative shifts a little. As they have influence on people and not only of a certain age but almost everyone. So when they publicly do it and in photoshoots and to seem sexy it can have a more negative impact.  

Spoiler

And not you changing your profile pic to smoking tubbies. :cryga:

Where's the spunk, Adam?

Gorehound
18 minutes ago, Natalia Kills said:

No I'm not knocking @InTheCloset, I know they're teasing. I used to smoke through on-off periods in my late teens and grew up in a smoking home but stopped once I was diagnosed with autonomic disorder and we had a string of smoking-related family deaths. I can't look at cigarettes again the same way and the "only one won't hurt" was exactly what stung me. 

I'm just concerned it's bad that Shawn is featuring this on Instagram when we know he has a huge following of very impressionable young people. In his private space, it's his totally his choice, not a great one but still. But doing it on social media in a sexual, suggestive way isn't exactly a positive role model and it's fair to criticize given it's potential to cause a negative impact on public health. 

You do you ultimately. Sorry if it comes over self-righteous. 

Oh I'm sorry man we were only having a laugh :kara: sorry for your troubles xx

Yes I used to smoke to and quite heavily but have quit for almost a decade cuz it was making me feel very unhealthy.

I agree that celebs probs shouldn't eroticise smoking on social media, but on the other hand they are human beings like us and have their own free will. And just because they're celebrities it doesn't force them into becoming roll models cuz that would be unfair. 

Also ngl if I were a celebrity I'd be the worst roll model ever lol cuz I'd be too wrapped up in enjoying the privileges to care what kind of influence I was :mark:

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Love 1

Gorehound
4 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Hide contents

And not you changing your profile pic to smoking tubbies. :cryga:

ik im a d*ck sorry :messga:

I'm fine, Ta
  • LMAO 2

Helxig

If I see anybody in this room calling him a twink we are going to the classroom and having a lesson on gay culture :grr:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

In my country this is what cigarette cartons look like :huntyga:

plain-packaging-jun2017.jpg

7WTBIBWM5INNYO6AYGXWDOBCOU.jpg

image.dynimg.full.q75.jpg

cigarettes_130318.jpg

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

Roughhouse Dandy
12 hours ago, B2theRich33 said:

it’s 2024, we’re still smoking cigarettes? 

He's in France. Isn't that like... their official national fruit or something? 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • LMAO 1

Spartacus
12 hours ago, pachinko said:

Why is he smoking?

It's probably not even lit. Kinda like him and Camila. :coffee:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™
  • LMAO 3

Killa
49 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

It's probably not even lit. Kinda like him and Camila. :coffee:

Music Video Burn GIF by glaive