celeb

Lizzo responds to claim made by Jennifer Lopez’s team

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Lizzo took to TikTok after the release of Lopez’s new documentary The Greatest Love Story Never Told, where the actress in one scene listens to her team list off A-listers who declined to make a cameo in the musical film: Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Lizzo, Jason Momoa, Jennifer Coolidge and Snoop Dogg. 
now Lizzo claims nobody asked her to be in Jennifer Lopez’s film.

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • LMAO 5

weed

Stories of people's agents not passing along opportunities because they "assume" they wouldn't be interested, I'd be soooo pissed lol I don't remember the exact example but I think Kumail Nanjani was asked to be in something, agent denied, but eventually he found out and was a part of it bc he really wanted to.

• Like 3

Chaymie

I remember reading that the creators of the show, Once Upon a Time wanted Gaga to play the blue fairy in the first season (2011) and they reached out to her team but never heard anything back.
Maybe it's one of those cases where the agents just denied it outright and it never even got to the artist. 
For Gaga and OUAT, I'm not sure if she knew or didn't tho. Gaga was at her peak with BTW, so it's possible that maybe she knew and just didn't want to go into acting yet. 

Chaymie
  • Like 1

dit
47 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Jennifer Coolidge

whyyyyyy?!??! Jennifer Coolidge is such a nice person so why not :'( This is J.Lo's last project in music no? :( I feel bad for J.Lo tbh. She's one of the most disrespected legends in show business....She means a lot to the latino community in the US but no one gives her her flowers after capturing media's attention for two decades+....I feel bad because this is the time for her to look back on her successes and to be treated like a legend the same wya some of the older popgirls and actresses get treated now but with her no one gives her her flowers and it makes me kind of sad :(

At least she got so much money so yay lol!

• LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

artdoll
1 hour ago, weed said:

Stories of people's agents not passing along opportunities because they "assume" they wouldn't be interested, I'd be soooo pissed lol

Same, like, you're my agent, shouldn't you be asking me if want to be apart of it?

excuseme-ladygaga.gif

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LateToCult

Barack Obama said no? Lady Gaga said no? Oprah Winfrey said no? Oh my God! Macklemore said no!

LateToCult
39 minutes ago, Chaymie said:

I remember reading that the creators of the show, Once Upon a Time wanted Gaga to play the blue fairy in the first season (2011) and they reached out to her team but never heard anything back.
Maybe it's one of those cases where the agents just denied it outright and it never even got to the artist. 
For Gaga and OUAT, I'm not sure if she knew or didn't tho. Gaga was at her peak with BTW, so it's possible that maybe she knew and just didn't want to go into acting yet. 

Happens a lot. Michael Cera’s agent told WB he wouldn’t do Barbie without asking him. Michael was pissed. :poot:

HIM820

Lol this is how agents and managers get fired. JLo’s teams exposing them is funny af! 

Edited by HIM820

1 hour ago, Chaymie said:

I’m pretty sure that also happened to Gaga with the Weird Al parody of Born This Way, I swear I remember him saying he got a no to make it but had never actually reached her & once it did she said yes & he created the parody ‘Perform This Way’ or something idk forsure, cuz haven’t seen it since it was released lol

Frey as in free b*tch baby

doja scat

idg why agents won’t tell their clients every single opportunity that comes their way?? like a job is a job so u may as well tell the people that employee you to book them what potential gigs they might have :poot:

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

BornAsUnic0rn
1 minute ago, blackpink said:

idg why agents won’t tell their clients every single opportunity that comes their way?? like a job is a job so u may as well tell the people that employee you to book them what potential gigs they might have :poot:

If you’re that big you would need somebody to just tell you about every single opportunity you get and just hearing about them is eating from your time. 

You hire your agent to help you chose the best career steps. And the agent doing some kind of preselection is part of that. Could be scheduling issues(your calendar being blocked), could be money related, could be work he thinks/knows you wouldn’t do, etc.

Most of them have extremely close relationships with their agents, working with them for years if not decades. The artists know their calendar, their connections, their market value, and much more.. better than they themselves probably. And after years of working with said artists, agents and agencies are pretty well aware of what their clients like and what they don’t. Slip ups happen, ofc, but their value is actually to NOT bring every pitch/opportunity in front of them. 

• Like 1

Maxine Puth
5 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

If you’re that big you would need somebody to just tell you about every single opportunity you get and just hearing about them is eating from your time. 

You hire your agent to help you chose the best career steps. And the agent doing some kind of preselection is part of that. Could be scheduling issues(your calendar being blocked), could be money related, could be work he thinks/knows you wouldn’t do, etc.

Most of them have extremely close relationships with their agents, working with them for years if not decades. The artists know their calendar, their connections, their market value, and much more.. better than they themselves probably. And after years of working with said artists, agents and agencies are pretty well aware of what their clients like and what they don’t. Slip ups happen, ofc, but their value is actually to NOT bring every pitch/opportunity in front of them. 

This. Like yeah, sure XYZ might be interested in starring in a film for a cameo, but if they’re going to be in another country doing their world tour what even is the point of telling that artist. The point of an agent is to make sure you hear about the opportunities you can actually do, not for them to shove every unavailable opportunity in your face. 

Edited by Maxine Puth