💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga should belt less…

Obobo

Featured Posts

SS77

tbh, I see the debate about over-singing

But I think think a more valid critique may be the less vocal control she's shown since 2018 on. 

Where 2014-2016 had numerous performances of near perfect vocal control and technique, many since have shown a lot more vocal strain, messy runs, breath control issues, and occasional flat/sharp notes. Not overly common, but more present than they were prior.

When it comes to belting, the acknowledgement of the more loose vocal control nowadays comes into play, because she belted heavily during 2014-2016, and it was met with near unanimous praise. 

It wasn't until the debut of Enigma, and the performance of Shallow at the Oscars, did we start to notice a change in her belting technique, and the more hit or miss reviews of vocal quality in live performances. 

EDIT:

Before anyone comes for me, I'm far from the an overcritical stan lol I never comment on threads like this the sake of being attacked as a hater, but in reality, this is a forum, where differing opinions are meant to be discussed :enigma:

Edited by SS77
  • Like 4

JustJames
2 hours ago, ARTPOP said:

This!

911, replay and bablyon definitely show off her more authentic and “gaga-sque” vocals. That intensify the lyrics and writing skills in a pop sound. This for me what makes her stand out from everyone else.

It’s fine if you prefer certain songs in her discography over others, but Gaga stated during the Joanne era that her earlier recordings were heavily edited and the literal opposite of “authentic.” Anyone expecting her to release songs that sound like Just Dance or Monster is ignoring or oblivious to the explicit path she’s carved out for herself since ARTPOP.

She doesn’t “need” to do anything, and she’s already told us she definitely doesn’t WANT to have her voice so heavily manipulated again on a record. Maybe fans “need” to stop pretending they know who or what Gaga is or isn’t better than she does. 

Also, considering 99% of fans would pretend to love anything she released if it had a 98 on Metacritic, I can’t believe some are talking about mixed reviews for her live performances which have been universally acclaimed since like 2014. Like, there aren’t even a handful of *lukewarm* critical responses to her Oscar or Grammy performances since that time, never mind BAD ones. Be real. 

Edited by JustJames
  • Sad 1

ARTPOP
4 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Gaga stated throughout the Joanne era that her earlier recordings were heavily edited and the literal opposite of “authentic.”

I said, this for me what makes her surgery and stand out as a listener. It doesn’t invalidate her own interpretation. As a consumer, I get to state what I like. 

Also, replay is her favourite song on the album. Her interpretation and singing style was definitely not forced. If she wanted to abandon that sound because it is not authentic to her, she could’ve released Joanne 2.0 In fact, the way she talked about Joanne after Chromatica, it was  clear it was in efforts to heal her father rather than her self-titled album

6 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Maybe fans “need” to stop pretending they know who or what Gaga is or isn’t better than she does.

I didn’t demand anything, stop lashing out. Chill

7 minutes ago, JustJames said:

considering 99% of her fans would pretend to love anything she released if it had a 98 on Metacritic, I can’t believe some are talking about mixed reviews for her live performances which have been universally acclaimed since like 2014. Like, there aren’t even a handful of *lukewarm* critical responses to her Oscar or Grammy performances since that time, never mind BAD ones. Be real. 

I am not one of those fans. I don’t care about metrics or commercial success as I am in for the music as a listener. 

COME ON GAYS!!

TimotheeChalamet
3 hours ago, SS77 said:

Where 2014-2016 had numerous performances of near perfect vocal control and technique, many since have shown a lot more vocal strain, messy runs, breath control issues, and occasional flat/sharp notes. Not overly common, but more present than they were prior.

I think it was because of her starting to chainsmoke and being depressed, basically the negative headspace she was in while making Chromatica affected her way to perform. But I also think she's past it now

Sandrology
9 hours ago, Obobo said:

that’s not belting tho. that’s probably one of the most “gaga” songs from Chromatica but obviously gutted, especially that beautiful bridge from the demo.

Lol thats what i'm saying. You complained about her Songs beeing to belted, while "Babylon" is literally the last Song from her Last Album, which isn't like that

Nathaniel Arven

she knows, look at the hold my hand oscar performance.. She does both. But yeah I love too see her use other techniques too ! 

NATAH
10 hours ago, lilboyblue said:

Moot point now in light of her retirement 🪦💐

what retirement? :messga:

mother, what must i do?