Featured Posts

chuck
1 hour ago, madmagical6 said:

Omg I read the title as "Gaga should belch less"

tripping season 8 GIF

i read it as gaga should wear belts less :((

• LMAO 4

ceminay

I agree. Her voice is amazing, but she sometimes overdoes it.

For me, it’s the reason why I can’t listen to Stupid Love and Perfect Illusion too much, even though I think they’re great songs. 

• Like 4

Putang Ina Mo

But I love her belts. This one from Chanel is my favorite. gaga_gl_3jan12_big_b_1.jpg

my username says it all 🇵🇭
  • YAAAS 4

Obobo
17 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

I wonder if it’s moreso the lesser vocal productions of Joanne, ASIB, and Chromatica that you’re disliking versus her actual delivery? In comparison to The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, and ARTPOP, everything after sounds like it has very minimal vocal layering/production. Those albums have tons of belts but they’re layered and mixed to have more depth and fit an electronic soundscape more. I think Chromatica was missing it a lot considering she went back to that exact soundscape.

No, I actually love how clear her voice is in Chromatica. Just didn’t like how most melodies were basic especially on house tracks. I’m not opposed to belting but it gets boring when it’s always the main dish when it should be a treat once in while. Her melodies in Free Woman and 1000 Doves sounded like OLAY or Pantene commercial music. Enigma verses were boring af but the choruses were good but then the bridge was her typical i’ll sing the chorus even louder and maybe higher.

The verses in Replay and her verse in Sour Candy and the Babylon chorus felt like the most “gaga-sque” in terms of vocal playfulness. 

• Thanks 3

Linus Gaga

Agreed. A mixed of soft and powerful vocal would he great, like Electric Chapel and Hair.

Also I know people like the released version, but I much preferred this vocal on this version, which also applied to I wanna be with you vs Dope

Hit me a message and say hi !
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

ElusiveChanteuse
6 hours ago, Obobo said:

and focus on her timbre, hooks and melodies… not everything needs to have a BIG BOISTEROUS chorus.

Majority of her tracks post Born This Way have been showing off her vocal chops but it’s as if she forgot her timbre and hooks are what set her apart.

Kind of worried that if LG7 is rock inspired it’ll just be a yelling fest with Hold My Hand and Perfect Illusion type choruses. We need ear worms like the humming in HML, the Bowie like verses in Applause and vivid lyrics like “He ate my heart” in Monster.

I think her old tracks trending prove my point xoxo. :vegas: 

ok no literally bc im loving monster atm and maybe bc its not so loud (?) when she belts tho she BELTS which i luv but it would be nice to see some more variation to what we have seen with recent gaga

im a free b*tch baby (he/they)

Obobo
17 minutes ago, Sandrology said:

Babylon would like to talk to you

tumblr_puecyyGdTw1vuabaao2_500.gif?fit=5

that’s not belting tho. that’s probably one of the most “gaga” songs from Chromatica but obviously gutted, especially that beautiful bridge from the demo.

• Like 5

MOT

Yeah I think there's something in this. It's tricky because I love her belting, we probably all do, but a bit less of it might be no harm, just bring it out for special occasons etc.

That being said, I have noted a disturbing trend on here recently towards criticizing her HMH Oscars performance. I have actually even seen the word oversinging used in relation to that performance. That'd be quite a trick, oversinging on a power ballad. Anyway I .want to put people on notice that from now on anyone caught criticizing the HMH Oscars performance can expect to hear from my solicitor.

Edited by MOT

ARTPOP
4 hours ago, Obobo said:

No, I actually love how clear her voice is in Chromatica. Just didn’t like how most melodies were basic especially on house tracks. I’m not opposed to belting but it gets boring when it’s always the main dish when it should be a treat once in while. Her melodies in Free Woman and 1000 Doves sounded like OLAY or Pantene commercial music. Enigma verses were boring af but the choruses were good but then the bridge was her typical i’ll sing the chorus even louder and maybe higher.

The verses in Replay and her verse in Sour Candy and the Babylon chorus felt like the most “gaga-sque” in terms of vocal playfulness. 

This!

911, replay and bablyon definitely show off her more authentic and “gaga-sque” vocals. That intensify the lyrics and writing skills in a pop sound. This for me what makes her stand out from everyone else.

COME ON GAYS!!
  • YAAAS 1