Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joker FAD (The King of Comedy inspiration?)

Oriane

Featured Posts

Oriane

So I've recently watched The King of Comedy which is a very underrated movie by Martin Scorsese (I'd never even heard of it until a few weeks ago). I really liked it and anyone who watched this movie and Joker know how much the former has inspired the latter, the director himself said it, and there are a lot of similarities in the plot.

Without spoiling too much, I will say that the main character of the movie inspired the Joker character (from the 2019 film), but there's also a female character who's crazy and teams up with him at some point. Just as I was thinking to myself "hey, maybe she inspired Gaga's Harley, what if she started singing at some point?", she actually started to sing :air: Not in like in a musical, but a bit like in Clockwork Orange, just like people working on the script were saying about Joker FAD.

So I'm almost sure there will be some sort of influence and I can't wait to see the movie. In the meantime, I encourage you to watch The King of Comedy too, it's really nice!

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Memento

i watched the king of comedy recently and had the same thoughts

Talk **** on me again ill sandwich your fuggin face
  • Love 1

Anderson123

I watched King of Comedy after watching Joker because I wanted to see that and the Taxi Driver comparisons. Joker the movie is obviously very much inspired by Scorsese and right when they announced the sequel with Gaga someone said here that after Taxi Driver, Scorsese made a musical movie called New York New York with Liza Minnelli which features jazz standars. I think in some way Joker 2 will also be influenced by this, and maybe a more Scorsese's work and other movies.

• Love 1

Oriane
27 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I watched King of Comedy after watching Joker because I wanted to see that and the Taxi Driver comparisons. Joker the movie is obviously very much inspired by Scorsese and right when they announced the sequel with Gaga someone said here that after Taxi Driver, Scorsese made a musical movie called New York New York with Liza Minnelli which features jazz standars. I think in some way Joker 2 will also be influenced by this, and maybe a more Scorsese's work and other movies.

Then I will have to watch this one too! :excited2:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Love 1