Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Taylor Swift - TTPD: The Albatross

Auralegends

Featured Posts

Economy
On 2/23/2024 at 8:42 AM, SOON said:

Why y’all lashing out on taylor when rina’s hold the girl had more than 15 variants, and olivia’s guts had more than 10 and many more artists and their albums… 

at least taylor is releasing new songs in them and it’s not JUST a different cover or a different colored vinyl :ohwell:

Thats worse :messga:

At least different art u can just pick ur fav and the content is still the same...

But with varying content a fan that wants to he able to collect all content is now gonna feel compelled to get all versions

I think its kinda dirty tbh

Bradley
46 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I think what is amiss that Taylor is starting to get criticized for is it’s a money grab and Mcdonaldization of her music, it’s just greedy consumerism. Taylor wants her fans to pay more to get all of her songs, It’s blatantly obvious and far from subtle. You can’t even buy a vinyl edition of Midnights with all the songs on it yet. 

No, she’s not making anyone buy the music, but she has so many young fans who are malleable enough to do it. For some it’s their allowance, their after school job money, their savings. No it’s not her responsibility for what fans buy, but she is making it obvious she’d rather horde that extra money from them.

You're right tbh. Guess I'll have to stop defending her.:bear:

Edited by Bradley

Tyler1992
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

You're right tbh. Guess I'll have to stop defending her.:bear:

It’s worth calling out our favs! 

I love Taylor, but shes been making decisions drunk on success. She’s said herself, she’s collecting horcruxes and infinity stones, but she is ramping it up way too quickly, the curtain is starting to fall.

With the rereleases, the new album, the accolades, the tour, the press, every broken record, chart rise, mention, and admiration feeds her ambition. Her ambition to be bigger, better, stronger turns her from a creative into a corporate. 

It’s an exciting time, but it’s a double edged sword. Of course success is a good driver, but it’s sacrificing the main objective and that’s the music. It’s as though she’s lost the plot to what made her successful in the first place. 

• Thanks 1

King of the Fall
2 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

It’s worth calling out our favs! 

I love Taylor, but shes been making decisions drunk on success. She’s said herself, she’s collecting horcruxes and infinity stones, but she is ramping it up way too quickly, the curtain is starting to fall.

With the rereleases, the new album, the accolades, the tour, the press, every broken record, chart rise, mention, and admiration feeds her ambition. Her ambition to be bigger, better, stronger turns her from a creative into a corporate. 

It’s an exciting time, but it’s a double edged sword. Of course success is a good driver, but it’s sacrificing the main objective and that’s the music. It’s as though she’s lost the plot to what made her successful in the first place. 

I don't think she cares anymore and she is way too big to have any of the effects of overexposure harm her in in any meaningful way right now.

Edited by Angelene
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite