💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Taylor Swift - TTPD: The Albatross

Auralegends

Featured Posts

TEANUS
57 minutes ago, SOON said:

Why y’all lashing out on taylor when rina’s hold the girl had more than 15 variants, and olivia’s guts had more than 10 and many more artists and their albums… 

at least taylor is releasing new songs in them and it’s not JUST a different cover or a different colored vinyl :ohwell:

25 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Variants that are purely visuals are one thing. When each variant has a unique song that is not part of the other album variants in addition to the visuals, that is when I have a problem.

There are now 4 versions with 4 different tracklists for this album.

She does not need this ****. She is on top. Why pinch out sales from your fans for this album this way?

This….Rina and Olivia’s didn’t have a different track on each variant though. Nor did Gaga’s, Ariana’s don’t, etc. etc.

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 2

Mirrion Rizzons
51 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I'm not even her fan but she's just being a smart businesswoman. It's her fans who need to question their values in their lives.

Is it really that smart when even her own fans are calling her out for it:huntyga:

Also I do wanna stress she isn't the only artist who does this by no means, but it still doesn't sit right with me

• Like 1

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Is it really that smart when even her own fans are calling her out for it:huntyga:

Also I do wanna stress she isn't the only artist who does this by no means, but it still doesn't sit right with me

She's still not making anyone do anything they don't want to do, though? The more interesting question is why are some fans so willing to spend so much money buying the same thing over and over again.

Edited by Bradley

LIKELADYAGAGA

While I do think this is silly, how is ANY DIFFERENT than selling multiple posters in her shop? Or pillows? Or other merch? At least this becomes a valuable collective.

I think Midnights "build the clock" where you had to get four was mean and going a bit too far with it, but this seems like a fun way to create visual art and mix it with a musical experience. 

• Thanks 1

LIKELADYAGAGA

If taylor's fanbase wasn't so obsessed, I don't think people would even notice this.

BornAsUnic0rn
2 hours ago, Auralegends said:

Yes she can do it, but at this point why would you do this to your fans? You know they will spend all their money to buy stuff and this is taking advantage of the situation. Release 1 deluxe edition with all the artwork and reveal the songs 1 by 1 like now, but without the extra editions all of the time.

It's to be seen whether all songs will be on streaming from the start

Well, to be honest my 14 year old a*s owned 13 Gaga albums at the end of 2021, and several singles, she only released 3 records until then. And that’s just Gargoyle‘s music I bought. mind you in 2009 when I got my first The Fame record I was 11, almost 12.

Taylor is taking something everyone is doing in todays climate a little further and she‘s getting these huge rewards for it but trust me, she wouldn’t need to go there for a #1. For others not doing it could actually cost their #1. 

Why do we hold Taylor to this high standard when we don’t care about others?

StoryToy

Well.. during the cash grabs Swifties at least getting new music instead of make-up or game add-ons .

Tea Time GIF by buzzfeedladylike

Edited by StoryToy
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 2

NATAH
3 hours ago, Citrom said:

I don’t see whats wrong with this… if she can do it why wouldn’t she? 

Also everyone else can do it, and it’s up to you to buy or not (i like her music but i’ve never bought anything from her) 

it's one thing to release bonus tracks after the album is out but multiple albums like this is just predatory

mother, what must i do?

Whigney Houstan

Wasteful.

Years from now, secondhand stores and vinyl shops will have bins clogged with her stuff.  Barbra Streisand 2.0

• Like 1

Sneaky Oliver
2 hours ago, SOON said:

Why y’all lashing out on taylor when rina’s hold the girl had more than 15 variants, and olivia’s guts had more than 10 and many more artists and their albums… 

at least taylor is releasing new songs in them and it’s not JUST a different cover or a different colored vinyl :ohwell:

One thing is having alternate covers so the fans can buy the one they like the most, another thing is having different bonus tracks for each variant implicitly forcing the fans to buy all editions so they can listen to all the songs or as collection items 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Auralegends
41 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Well, to be honest my 14 year old a*s owned 13 Gaga albums at the end of 2021, and several singles, she only released 3 records until then. And that’s just Gargoyle‘s music I bought. mind you in 2009 when I got my first The Fame record I was 11, almost 12.

Taylor is taking something everyone is doing in todays climate a little further and she‘s getting these huge rewards for it but trust me, she wouldn’t need to go there for a #1. For others not doing it could actually cost their #1. 

Why do we hold Taylor to this high standard when we don’t care about others?

But do other artists put 1 different bonus track on each album and only make them available for a weekend?

• Like 3

Madame Goo Goo
2 hours ago, SOON said:

That’s what makes it worse…you have to purchase so many different vinyl editions to get all of the songs. So she’s creating FOMO among her audience. It’s just rude honestly. I do get the sentiment that collecting all of them is more of a reward than if it was just different covers or colors, but I think extra songs or not it’s too much.

I hate this trend of record variants across all artists, anything more than like 2 or 3 variants is greedy and I 100% agree with the commenter who said these are mass produced garbage that will end up in a landfill in a few years. Even Gaga is guilty of this. I know they are definitely still sitting on thousands of copies of Love For Sale, like Adele’s 30 this was extremely over pressed because they thought demand would be higher.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

AMRer
3 hours ago, Citrom said:

I don’t see whats wrong with this… if she can do it why wouldn’t she? 

Also everyone else can do it, and it’s up to you to buy or not (i like her music but i’ve never bought anything from her) 

Simply because it's Taylor. If Gaga made it top1 with 1 million in a week because of multiple versions, who here would complain? :ladyhaha:

• Like 1