Ladle Ghoulash 55,370 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 13 minutes ago, TEANUS said: Yeah right! Three weeks after a joint Congress warns of potentially massive cyberattacks from China…. I honestly have a hard time believing any of the clowns from the GOP would be able to keep their mouths shut if there was credible evidence of a cyber attack tbh We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 First microsoft outlook email giving work problems now this. Whats going on... are we under attack? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,216 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 31 minutes ago, Economy said: First microsoft outlook email giving work problems now this. Whats going on... are we under attack? Nah Microsoft office products are just **** due to the lack of competition lol The gays know how to party Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TEANUS 16,218 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 2 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: I honestly have a hard time believing any of the clowns from the GOP would be able to keep their mouths shut if there was credible evidence of a cyber attack tbh And why would they be clowns in this instance if they were the only ones telling people what was really going on? In a situation like these if y’all keep being partisan I stg I literally can’t. The democrats sure couldn’t find a good candidate in the last 8 years but they surely did a phenomenal job at cutting a knife deeper in the US’ division. I’d blame both sides for that, but for “peacekeepers” and general humans rights activists they sure do love to rile stuff up and pin ALL evils on one group of peoples. Which is what they claim to loathe the “other” side for. I hate to tell you, but if a cyberattack or attack of any sort was happening externally this isn’t political or one sided British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,370 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 17 minutes ago, TEANUS said: And why would they be clowns in this instance if they were the only ones telling people what was really going on? In a situation like these if y’all keep being partisan I stg I literally can’t. The democrats sure couldn’t find a good candidate in the last 8 years but they surely did a phenomenal job at cutting a knife deeper in the US’ division. I’d blame both sides for that, but for “peacekeepers” and general humans rights activists they sure do love to rile stuff up and pin ALL evils on one group of peoples. Which is what they claim to loathe the “other” side for. I hate to tell you, but if a cyberattack or attack of any sort was happening externally this isn’t political or one sided In what world did I insinuate that it would be partisan if there was a cyber attack lmao. I was referencing a specific incidence where a GOP Rep sounded off on a classified intelligence briefing (that he hadn’t even received) for political clout, to stoke fear, and to try to make the current admin look incompetent. So what I was saying was: if they’re going to sound the alarm and make it seem like there’s a pending attack when there wasn’t one (per the incident I was referring to), then if this was an actual cyber attack, they would’ve definitely already blabbed about it on Twitter (whether it was the most prudent thing to do or not). I get that the partisan situation in the US is frustrating, but I’m not sure why you’re taking it out on me for an offhand remark. We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dennis 8,391 Posted February 22, 2024 Author Share Posted February 22, 2024 15 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: In what world did I insinuate that it would be partisan if there was a cyber attack lmao. I was referencing a specific incidence where a GOP Rep sounded off on a classified intelligence briefing (that he hadn’t even received) for political clout, to stoke fear, and to try to make the current admin look incompetent. So what I was saying was: if they’re going to sound the alarm and make it seem like there’s a pending attack when there wasn’t one (per the incident I was referring to), then if this was an actual cyber attack, they would’ve definitely already blabbed about it on Twitter (whether it was the most prudent thing to do or not). I get that the partisan situation in the US is frustrating, but I’m not sure why you’re taking it out on me for an offhand remark. I mean to be fair on that topic, it seems that the Biden administration intentionally downplayed the threat and I honestly have no confidence in their ability to counter this threat, not that I think Trump or republicans would be better. But I just read the article this morning: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/20/biden-white-house-russia-space-weapon-00142172 Their whole plan is basically begging Putin to not do it, similar to when they received Intel on Russia's plan to invade Ukraine. It didn't work out then, it won't work out now. They basically didn't wanna let the public know because they feared it would "anger Putin" "But officials estimated that the space-related information was highly sensitive and that working through diplomatic channels was going to be more effective. They worried that if the information became public it would likely anger Russian President Vladimir Putin." Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,370 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 9 minutes ago, Dennis said: I mean to be fair on that topic, it seems that the Biden administration intentionally downplayed the threat and I honestly have no confidence in their ability to counter this threat, not that I think Trump or republicans would be better. But I just read the article this morning: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/20/biden-white-house-russia-space-weapon-00142172 Their whole plan is basically begging Putin to not do it, similar to when they received Intel on Russia's plan to invade Ukraine. It didn't work out then, it won't work out now. They basically didn't wanna let the public know because they feared it would "anger Putin" "But officials estimated that the space-related information was highly sensitive and that working through diplomatic channels was going to be more effective. They worried that if the information became public it would likely anger Russian President Vladimir Putin." Eh, I mean, claiming that the only reason that they didn’t want the public to know was because they didn’t want to “anger Putin” isn’t entirely accurate: they also clearly stated that another fear they had about going public was that they had received the intel through a back channel and that they might lose access to their source if they let on that they knew about it. “The Biden administration had also worried, they said, that if the details of the intelligence were revealed, the source of that information might dry up.” We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dennis 8,391 Posted February 22, 2024 Author Share Posted February 22, 2024 2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: Eh, I mean, claiming that the only reason that they didn’t want the public to know was because they didn’t want to “anger Putin” isn’t entirely accurate: they also clearly stated that another fear they had about going public was that they had received the intel through a back channel and that they might lose access to their source if they let on that they knew about it. “The Biden administration had also worried, they said, that if the details of the intelligence were revealed, the source of that information might dry up.” I mean whatever their reasoning is, I just hope they work on a plan to counter this, because trying to "dissuade" Putin is not gonna work. I just hope the government is already working on defensive technologies, secretly. Because if not, we're ****ed. I'm less scared of nuclear weapons, because I know it's mutually assured destruction so someone has to be really crazy to use them but when it comes to cyber warfare, shooting down satellites to paralyze an entire country infastructures, I can totally see that happening. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,370 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 1 minute ago, Dennis said: I mean whatever their reasoning is, I just hope they work on a plan to counter this, because trying to "dissuade" Putin is not gonna work. I just hope the government is already working on defensive technologies, secretly. Because if not, we're ****ed. I'm less scared of nuclear weapons, because I know it's mutually assured destruction so someone has to be really crazy to use them but when it comes to cyber warfare, shooting down satellites to paralyze an entire country infastructures, I can totally see that happening. Absolutely. I’m not really sure what the best course of action would be to dissuade them, tho, but I guess that’s well above my pay grade either way lmao We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 4 hours ago, Bronco said: Nah Microsoft office products are just **** due to the lack of competition lol I mean i was kidding but just found it unfortunate that such major large scale outages happened within the same week Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LG666 1,931 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 Odd timing with Chromatica being marketed all over again......... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,333 Posted February 22, 2024 Share Posted February 22, 2024 9 hours ago, Red said: Jokes aside, a lot of times I've seen news here before they broke in news channels I follow It’s both a joke and deadass bc that’s what I’m talking about. GGD aggregates its sources faster than the CIA Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LateToCult 42,253 Posted February 23, 2024 Share Posted February 23, 2024 I HOLLERED Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maxine Puth 9,053 Posted February 23, 2024 Share Posted February 23, 2024 11 hours ago, tylerjs said: Didn’t notice anything but, story time: I live on a very small tropical island at the southernmost point in the continental US Usually when people try to describe where they live without saying it, it’s because they know Americans are reading and probably have no clue where idk Čiovo is let alone Croatia. So I felt very intellectual reading this part and recognizing the iconic and very gay Key West Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
tylerjs 6,102 Posted February 23, 2024 Share Posted February 23, 2024 3 hours ago, Maxine Puth said: Usually when people try to describe where they live without saying it, it’s because they know Americans are reading and probably have no clue where idk Čiovo is let alone Croatia. So I felt very intellectual reading this part and recognizing the iconic and very gay Key West slaaaaay you nailed it queen now come visit key west is indeed super gay and i feel like my entire family lineage being from here is definitely a big contributing factor to my bisexuality during pride the city shines a giant set of rainbow lasers across the entire length of our busiest commercial street which goes the entire width of the island, Atlantic ocean to the Gulf of Mexico for multiple weeks each night representing “sea to sea diversity” 🇨🇺🇧🇸 “It’s one banana, how much could it cost? $10?” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.