💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gags is praying for Brazil

Mast

Featured Posts

Galactic Mess

That's very kind of her, 130+ dead isn't a small number. I hope she's also praying for much more devastating things that are going on in the world.

At least 245 people died there, I think...

Anyway, I think it's very kind and considerarem of gaga to do this, but I personally didn't like the picture... It doesn't seem authentic to me.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People should leave out the funny attitude, the jokes, and the sarcasm or irony in these threads. I'm disgusted. Gaga is hurt and praying for Brazil and you "Oh, her hair is a mess, what a shame" :wtf:

Rudz Xinc

I'm sure sometimes she feels like wanted to include picture in the tweet, like this, we sometimes do as well, this is not the first time she tweet about praying for victims of an incident, usually she never include picture of herself, this is just one of those times

and who are we to judge because of that picture, we say she's not sincere

even if someone tweet "pray for the victims" without the pic, do we really know they did actually praying or just tweeting for the sake of tweeting

i feel sick by the negative comments made for every single things that Gaga did lately, sure she can't please everybody, but lately i feel more hate towards her

Look at those clowns

PopReaper

Tthe fact that a simple pic of her praying generates polemic amongst the fanbase

:toofunny:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

It was a sweet gesture of her. There are times when its better to keep the jokes and criticisms to yourselves.

Look, I'm as big an atheist as you can get and it will be a cold day in hell when I will compliment organized religion in general. But you guys DO know that this is not about her, right? She didn't want to post this because she's looking for attention for herself, come on. Brazil is a deeply Catholic country and the phrase "hey I'm praying for you bye" means less than actually showing her support in this way, where people can see her spending time on it, see that she cares and that she's thinking about them, see that she's raising awareness... That can be an immensely uplifting and encouraging gesture for many Brazilian people who are mourning this tragedy, religious or not (I mean, it shows she cares, which is the goal of including this picture). For many it's a soothing gesture, for others worldwide it might be the first time they hear about this tragedy and it conveys that what happened needs to get noticed.

And there's also NO need for debating whether her praying is "valid" or not because you aren't supposed to do it in public - she's doing this in public ON PURPOSE because she knows it'll reach and comfort people more this way.

As for people saying "go donate or volunteer or something" - Have you even ever ****ing heard of this woman? What she did and does all the time for so many different causes? And have you any idea how she controls her funds privately? Just like there were people here saying she shouldn't have raised donations for Japan but given money herself (protip: if you raise money through the sale of tangible items you get charity tax deductions, and thus a larger percentage of your donation actually goes to the victims than if you just donate a check): HOW did you know back then what exactly she did with her own funds, privately, beside her charity campaign? How do you know she's not planning something for Brazil now, monetarily or otherwise, in the coming days (whether she announces it or not, she can choose to keep it private if it's a personal donation).

Just eff you if it's so incomprehensible to you that someone wants to show support and make it feel more tangible by communicating through a picture instead of just a random tweet on the internet.

Some of you people are really cruel. Like, incredibly sick. The picture is in no way funny at all. I find this extremely sweet on her part, and it's heartbreaking to think of the families who now must live with the effects of this tragedy in Brazil. Gaga is paying her respects to Brazil in the ways she can, and she is being highly considerate. Yet we all make jokes about the tweet, insult the picture or say her hair is messed up. She doesn't have to look like a supermodel when she's posting a simple picture of her praying for the families who lost loved ones. After seeing this thread, I'm starting to think none of you deserve ARTPOP.

Honestly, whoever has any criticisms about this gesture, shame on you.

This!!

Other dance artists follow suit:

Britney Spears â€@britneyspears

So sad to hear about the fire in Brazil... my heart is with you Santa Maria. Sending lots of love & prayers. #PrayForSantaMaria

2h Fergie â€@Fergie

My thoughts & prayers go out 2 the #SantaMaria nightclub fire victims, their families & loved ones. My ⤠is w/ u #Brazil. #PrayForSantaMaria

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

gags cum 3 bra$il we lvu u pls

Honestly though, good on her for doing this, it may not be a widespread catastrophe that wiped out thousands, but it's still a tragedy for the country and the families involved. I really hope the friends and families of the victims cope, and may the passed rest in peace.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived