Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Not Another LG7 Theory

LordByron28

Featured Posts

LordByron28

So in full disclosure this is a bit Delulu,

We have been getting a lot of mixed signs as to the direction LG7 is headed in. We see her posting pictures playing the guitar, piano, mixing and a post by another musician of contributing trumpets to a song. We have a good indication that she has been working with a number of pop producers. Then we also have her following and rumors of more experimental EDM producers. 

Gaga has said with prior albums, she makes multiple versions of her songs in different genres and either builds on them or picks the best version of them for her album. 

What if she released 3-4 different versions of LG7? In the streaming era, album eras are rather short lived compared to years prior and usually only 1-2 singles end up releasing from the album. Something potentially like this:

March- LG7 Lead single releases

May- LG7 album drop. Dance-Pop Version releases with 12 tracks that are more radio/hit friendly. 2nd single drops along with the album.

August- LG7 Version 2 releases and is more experimental, artistic, and avante garde delving further into EDM and other electronic music sub-genres. The album releases with 12 tracks, 2-4 new tracks while the rest are alternative versions of the original version tracks. 3rd single from LG7 era releases around the same time from this version of the album.

November- LG7 Version 3 releases and is more of a stripped down version featuring live instruments. It as well is 12 tracks featuring songs from the first two versions as well as 2-4 new tracks. 4th single from the era releases around the same time. 

• LMAO 1
  • Love 3

cachapatratorian

:excusemeno:

I don't understand the point of doing this whether you're Taylor, Beyonce or Gaga.

Maxine Puth

“We have been getting a lot of mixed signs as to the direction LG7 is headed in. We see her posting pictures playing the guitar, piano, mixing and a post by another musician of contributing trumpets to a song. We have a good indication that she has been working with a number of pop producers. Then we also have her following and rumors of more experimental EDM producers.”

Albums with guitars, pianos, trumpets / horns, pop producers:

The Fame Monster 

Born This Way

ARTPOP

Joanne

Chromatica 

Throw in the “experimental EDM” rumors and we still have Born This Way, ARTPOP, and Chromatica in the mix. So if anything it’s just a sign Gaga’s doing Gaga things :ladyhaha:

Honestly I don’t mind the idea of “multiple versions” of an album if it’s done correctly. Chromatica for example was very straight forward sonically and had room to do that, and we actually know multiple versions of that album exist (unlike her others). On the other hand, if LG7 is something less uniform like her other albums, it would be a bit weird to see her convert those songs into another genre. 

Edited by Maxine Puth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tyler1992

I would rather the others versions be an acoustic set and/or live album. I’ve never been one for different versions of songs, and I don’t think Gaga is keen on it either. 

The version she releases is part of the package and the multimedia vision of its themes and ideas. Different versions stray from that. 

I like Gaga being straightforward and meticulous with her music, concise and measured, with quality over quantity. Multiple versions of an album takes away from the overall package and dilutes it. 

Theres a reason Gaga creates so many unreleased songs and different versions. She doesn’t leave any rock unturned, and wants to explore until the finished package is the best version.

ActualPatient

i mean this is your wishlist so you can make it up any way you like!

JustTea
4 hours ago, LordByron28 said:

What if she released 3-4 different versions of LG7? In the streaming era, album eras are rather short lived compared to years prior and usually only 1-2 singles end up releasing from the album.

I'll never understand the point of having only a few singles. More singles = more visuals = more airplay = more album streams/sales... :icega:

I believe Chromatica would've had originally more too.

• Thanks 1

TimotheeChalamet
22 minutes ago, JustTea said:

I'll never understand the point of having only a few singles. More singles = more visuals = more airplay = more album streams/sales... :icega:

I believe Chromatica would've had originally more too.

More singles = more visuals = more money to spend on promo = not every single is successful = less money in return = label concern = ****ed up era

OP: hell no 

Edited by TimotheeChalamet
  • Like 1

JgHaus78

Lady/Gaga

The “Lady” side is laid back, sensual, mature, analog, jazz, soft rock, singer song writer music in vain of older Sia, Amy Winehouse and Fiona Apple music. 

joanne million reasons GIF by Lady Gaga

The “Gaga” side is quintessential Lady Gaga electro pop. Dark and sexy electronic music that has an eclectic mix of genres. Heavy synths and pulsating bass lines with midi vocaloids effects galore.  
  Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

One 7+ minute song to bridge the two halves into each other seamlessly. Think “A&W” by Lana but bigger and more elaborate. Starts off soulful, light and full of life and turning into a heavy goth electro banger with electric guitars. 

One ballad for the ASIB type fans and another ballad in the vain of party 4 u by Charli XCX that has a full extended ending.   

Interludes that sound like the radio station being changed, jukebox records switching out, classic iPod touch dial sounds, cassette tapes, CDs, etc. Very tongue in cheek ways to incorporate the eclectic vibe in the transitional interlude tracks.

• YAAAS 2

JustTea
4 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

More singles = more visuals = more money to spend on promo = not every single is successful = less money in return = label concern = ****ed up era

Every single will still generate more in the long run. Let's say, 2M units for a single requires only 300M on-demand streams and it generates $1 million+ :interestinga:

There was definitely gonna be more singles with videos on Chromatica without pandemic...

TimotheeChalamet
30 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Every single will still generate more in the long run. Let's say, 2M units for a single requires only 300M on-demand streams and it generates $1 million+ :interestinga:

There was definitely gonna be more singles with videos on Chromatica without pandemic...

I really don't think so, the era was going to be full of promo but rather short, with a summer tour and no more than 3 singles

JustTea
On 2/19/2024 at 3:59 PM, TimotheeChalamet said:

I really don't think so, the era was going to be full of promo but rather short, with a summer tour and no more than 3 singles

It still had 4 singles (SL, ROM, FW, 911) and originally SC would've had video too. That alone would had 1B views so idk how it's not worth it :duck:

LordByron28
1 hour ago, JustTea said:

It still had 4 singles (SL, ROM, FW, 911) and originally SC would've had video too. That alone would had 1B views so idk how it's not worth it :duck:

I wouldn’t call FW a single and at least based on the same leak that leaked the Fortnite collab. Her plan was to do 3 singles and the segue into HMH when Maverick was initially planned to release. 

Delulu Rogers
On 2/19/2024 at 3:58 AM, TimotheeChalamet said:

OP: hell no 

Not every single is promoted though. SL, ROM and PI, TC are some examples. 

Delulu Rogers
2 hours ago, JustTea said:

It's not fair to call 911 and FW singles when they were only released in a few random countries. Unless it's released WW or at least USA, Canada, UK, France and Australia, then it shouldn't be counted imo 

Edited by Delulu Rogers