Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
rumor

FALSE: New Font added to Gaga's website recently but not yet in use

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, Ophelia said:

YES I blame all of you MONSTROSITIES for turning my cute little trust issues into a severe medical case

IWK6.gif

I'm gonna need so much therapy after this era 

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • LMAO 1

Ophelia
Just now, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I'm gonna need so much therapy after this era 

bestie I literally started my therapy in February, I'm already preparing :air:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • LMAO 1

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, Ophelia said:

bestie I literally started my therapy in February, I'm already preparing :air:

I just had my second appointment today :air:

He doesn't know what he signed up for :icant:

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Chromamama
12 minutes ago, Bronco said:

There is no where in the world where the rock music produced in the 1970s has a smaller legacy or smaller following than Disco. 

These are the 10 biggest albums in the world based on global sales: 
1.Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982) 51.2mil
2.Eagles - Greatest Hits (1976) 41.2mil
3.Eagles - Hotel California (1976) 31.8mil
4.Shania Twain - Come On Over (1997) 30.4mil
5. AC/DC - Back in Black (1980) 30.1mil
6. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977) 30.3mil
7. The Bodyguard Soundtrack (1992) 28.7mil
8. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (1973) 24.8mil
9. Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack (1977) 22.1mil
10.Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell (1977) 22 mill 

So tell me again about how the 70s are more famous for Disco when only 1 disco album makes the list, and it's a film soundtrack. 
Between 11-30 on this list only 2 albums from the 70s feature. It's Led Zepplin's 4th album & Pink Floyd's The Wall. No disco album from the 70s feature. 
Beyond that? Elton John x2, Pink Floyd, Boston and Michael Jackson. 4 to 1 on the Rock v Disco count. 

Disco influenced pop music undoubtedly, and multiple pop genres spawned from it. 
But the rock music of the 1970s persisted and continues to exist in its original format with those bands still filling out massive arenas & stadiums (if not dead). The only major disco act still relevant is Nile Rodgers. 

Disco was that popular that it inspired MULTIPLE songs across many decades, it died out after the 70s because it became synonymous with gay culture and there were protests to make it die out. It doesn't matter about the bands, the music and the legacy have been brought back many many times since that era. You can't deny that.  

When someone says 60s, they automatically go to "swinging sixties" with the rock n roll era. 70s people automatically go to disco. Not rock. I am NOT saying rock hasn't been popular, it has been. ACDC, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden... like these are just many rock artists that had their peak in the 70s and 80s. Some are even touring. But like everyone associates 70s with Disco. Thats what I said, I never said one has a bigger following than the other just that one was more akinned with the 70s which is Disco. ESPECIALLY within the LGBT+ community, am I wrong?

Edited by Chromamama

Ophelia
2 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I have my second next week! 

I fear for our poor therapists:air: I hope they have some sort of basic knowledge on how to treat an obsessed stan, there should be a seperate phD for it :air:  

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Love 1

Mister G
12 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Ask him to prescribe Nurtec for all of us if it gets to that point.

• LMAO 1

Bronco
2 minutes ago, Chromamama said:

Disco was that popular that it inspired MULTIPLE songs across many decades, it died out after the 70s because it became synonymous with gay culture and there were protests to make it die out. It doesn't matter about the bands, the music and the legacy have been brought back many many times since that era. You can't deny that.  

When someone says 60s, they automatically go to "swinging sixties" with the rock n roll era. 70s people automatically go to disco. Not rock. I am NOT saying rock hasn't been popular, it has been. ACDC, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden... like these are just many rock artists that had their peak in the 70s and 80s. Some are even touring. But like everyone associates 70s with Disco. Thats what I said, I never said one has a bigger following than the other just that one was more akinned with the 70s which is Disco. ESPECIALLY within the LGBT+ community, am I wrong?

Mate. Rock is absolutely the mainstay of the 70s. 

You're now saying "in the LGBT+ community". You never said that originally. 

If you asked a 100 people on the street in a blind poll what they associate with the 70s in the US & UK it'd be Rock/Glam Rock that comes out on top with punk & disco being the runners up. 

Rock n Roll is late 40s into the 1950s not the 60s baby. 
Swinging Sixties is about the rise of commercial culture ("the mods"), Beatles & the Merseybeat ending with the Summer of Love, psychedelia & psychedelic rock like Hendrix. 

• Love 1

Ladle Ghoulash
25 minutes ago, Bronco said:

There is no where in the world where the rock music produced in the 1970s has a smaller legacy or smaller following than Disco. 

These are the 10 biggest albums in the world based on global sales: 
1.Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982) 51.2mil
2.Eagles - Greatest Hits (1976) 41.2mil
3.Eagles - Hotel California (1976) 31.8mil
4.Shania Twain - Come On Over (1997) 30.4mil
5. AC/DC - Back in Black (1980) 30.1mil
6. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (1977) 30.3mil
7. The Bodyguard Soundtrack (1992) 28.7mil
8. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (1973) 24.8mil
9. Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack (1977) 22.1mil
10.Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell (1977) 22 mill 

So tell me again about how the 70s are more famous for Disco when only 1 disco album makes the list, and it's a film soundtrack. 
Between 11-30 on this list only 2 albums from the 70s feature. It's Led Zepplin's 4th album & Pink Floyd's The Wall. No disco album from the 70s feature. 
Beyond that? Elton John x2, Pink Floyd, Boston and Michael Jackson. 4 to 1 on the Rock v Disco count. 

Disco influenced pop music undoubtedly, and multiple pop genres spawned from it. 
But the rock music of the 1970s persisted and continues to exist in its original format with those bands still filling out massive arenas & stadiums (if not dead). The only major disco act still relevant is Nile Rodgers. 

Sis, lbr, most Ga stans don’t know anything about music :huntyga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1

BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Sis, lbr, most Ga stans don’t know anything about music :huntyga:

Mean Girl Laughing GIF

• LMAO 3

Chromamama
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

If you asked a 100 people on the street in a blind poll what they associate with the 70s in the US & UK it'd be Rock/Glam Rock that comes out on top with punk & disco being the runners up. 

Swinging Sixties is about the rise of commercial culture ("the mods"), Beatles & the Merseybeat ending with the Summer of Love, psychedelia & psychedelic rock like Hendrix. 

I'm pretty sure they would name disco, especially with its influence in modern day culture. Rock was 70s and 80, even into the 90s. Some of the biggest songs were late 70s and 80s. Rock has a huge following I'm not denying that but I am sure that people would pick out disco as a genre of the 70s. 

I said especially with in the community. I'm sure the straights would say it too, though would be close with rock

Chromamama
9 minutes ago, Bronco said:

And mate, I never said one had a bigger following than the other in my op

BlingNotTheMusic

Who knew this flop font thread would spark this debate?

Deer Popcorn GIF

• LMAO 1
  • Love 1

Chromamama
Just now, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Deer Popcorn GIF

She should really pull through on the Burger King thing so people can get fed :ororomunroe:

• LMAO 1

Red
3 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Deer Popcorn GIF

Welcome to Gagadaily :ladyhaha:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 1

• River changed the title to FALSE: New Font added to Gaga's website recently but not yet in use
  • River locked this topic