EGOT2027

Featured Posts

The Z
59 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

i never heard anyone call ASIB a musical lol

On GGD pretty much everybody does☠️

Reality
1 hour ago, Dennis said:

Nobody wants to market their movie as a musical anymore. People really don't care for those anymore.

It's not that people don't care for musicals, it's that studios think the idea of a musical is bad, so they want to distance themselves from that narrative whenever they try to market these films. It's a piss poor strategy imo. If the movie is a musical, just say so and market it that way. Instead of trying to appeal to people who don't like musicals, just appeal to the people who do. Otherwise, you'll just get people sitting in the movie theatre disappointed or upset that the movie that was marketed to them ended up being different from the one they're watching.

🃏🖤👹
  • Thanks 1

Reality

The movie was never going to be something like The Greatest Showman, In The Heights, etc. Anyone who thought that those were going to be the "musical elements" of the film just has a rudimentary understanding of what musicals are. 

The first movie had a ton of "musical elements" in it, and I expected them to keep the same vibe, but maybe add a bit more. I mean, if you're casting Lady Gaga in a movie where music is integral to the characters and the plot, you're obviously going to utilize her and amp up the musical elements.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 1

SevenAteNine
2 hours ago, Massive Monster said:

"Joker is not a musical. It's a movie where the main characters sing and dance in musical numbers" 

:partysick:

Joker is not a movie, its a slideshow of a bunch of photos taken every second that your brain recognizes as it moving

Edited by SevenAteNine
RIP 9.
  • LMAO 4

SPARTACUS

Even more reason to believe the "companion album" rumor. :coffee:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Jnick81
2 hours ago, bionic said:

They can describe it however they want. Musical numbers = musical

When i think musical i think of singing the dialogue. 
This does not seem like that. It is therefore not a proper musical 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

tyler k

this confuses me

but! at least now people can put away the "it's music for joker not LG7" excuse when they wanna kill hype 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 1

Kimmo

The fact that he had to take that long to explain why is NOT a musical but it has steps (choreo) is like…

VXJbOksMCBFkb1af2a8v1gQNycnl921WiQT1dFjUAjuQ2061Dak4bCvRdpTVjXKAzmhFmuI3s2axp6JuZ5K3_PMGRnNP4YQjFk_N6L141x-5WCtwei7iuHVj1kV1XrXAhH4qPjgommrltqRna0iqcVqUYs1u1XF1H3Y

Hottie Detector
  • LMAO 2

Ouranos
3 hours ago, M i K E Y said:

They will probably sing a few lines and dance to some songs in a few sequences. I don’t think they they’ll burst out singing a whole song at any given opportunity 

Yeah I think it’s more like American horror story asylum with the name game more so than a musical like grease

ProfessionalClown

so like ASIB then cuz that wasn’t a musical, music was just a bit part of the story. slay 

Bradley

It's like how some people were hesitant to call A Star Is Born a musical. It kinda makes sense... but also not.

gagzus

It’s basically been confirmed by all the insider trades people it’s a musical, we even have that leaked street clip of Gaga singing on the staircase 

• Like 1

monstertoronto
6 hours ago, Dennis said:

Nobody wants to market their movie as a musical anymore. People really don't care for those anymore.

Literally this. Even full-on musicals like new mean girls aren’t marketing themselves as musicals. 

SpadesToStart
4 hours ago, Jnick81 said:

When i think musical i think of singing the dialogue. 
This does not seem like that. It is therefore not a proper musical 🤷‍♂️

By that logic, Chicago and Cabaret are not musicals lol.

Musicals take many different forms. If song and dance sequences are integral to the overall artistic product and have a significant amount of the runtime devoted to them, it’s a musical.

Jnick81
4 hours ago, SpadesToStart said:

By that logic, Chicago and Cabaret are not musicals lol.

Musicals take many different forms. If song and dance sequences are integral to the overall artistic product and have a significant amount of the runtime devoted to them, it’s a musical.

I’ve never seen cabaret, but chicago certainly uses song to advance story and dialogue.