Jesus does pitchfork ever like anyones music? :air: 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Luke78619 said:

Only when it's a three piece acoustic guitar indie band with a stupid name like Holy Moly and the Serviettes 

don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm just HelloHangoverz from the block
  • LMAO 6

Ladle Ghoulash
11 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

Yes lmao. Beyoncé, historically, has gotten great write ups and reviews in Pitchfork

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
11 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Only when it's a three piece acoustic guitar indie band with a stupid name like Holy Moly and the Serviettes 

I know this is a joke but they literally loved Renaissance lmao 

• LMAO 1

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I know this is a joke but they literally loved Renaissance lmao 

hahaha no I know, I checked actually when the two songs dropped last night. But it is a pattern I've noticed with them, when it comes to indie artists

don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I'm just HelloHangoverz from the block

Ziggy

Eh I find this critique of 9 to 5 **** dumb tbh. It’s pop music not a diary lmao it’s meant to be something you mfers can sing. Honestly, her hours probably suck more than a 9 to 5s if she’s touring lmao

but on the song. They’re right LOL it’s generic honky tonky fun

• Thanks 1

Ziggy
36 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I like the idea of Bey making country music and reclaiming it btw. But she is doing it so strangely.

I wish she had taken the risk to go very raw and unfiltered. These songs are so overproduced and overly glossy, I just can't take the "message" seriously rn.

Yeah that’s my issue. Country is one of those genres where, done poorly, it feels produced, done well it feels melodramatic but so real. I think she’s kinda stuck on the other end bc she’s such a brand herself.

• Like 2

tyler k

the songs are great, this write up sucks tbh

Texas Hold Em is just fun lol it's not that serious and not that deep

I don't understand why everyone is being so hard on her about the genre switch up and calling her a "genre tourist" thats ridiculous. do you all really expect any artist to just do the same thing over and over again? that's not growth. Beyonce always tries to top whatever project came before. 

how does it sound overproduced & too glossy compared to any other country music out there right now? it doesn't. 

Edited by tyler k
mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy

The little song clips playing on the radio in the teaser included deep cuts dating all the way back to recordings from the 20's. Mama and her team did the work and the research just like for act i; we're in good hands. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 1

Karl
1 hour ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

People are allowed to not like her music, it's not that complicated :icant:

EDIT: I loved Renaissance so much, but the new songs just don't vibe with me. And I'm from the flop southern state of Tennessee :haroon:

Oh totally, it's not individuals it's the music publications that just use any excuse to give it a bad review that gets on my nerves, same thing happened with Gaga for years.

• Thanks 1

Killa

I also thought it was a bit cringe the whole struggling thing on the 16 carriages, but it's not like she can't sell that idea. The thing is that she wasn't able to, with her delivery. It's actually nice that someone points out how Be exploits social situations and communities, i honestly dont care about that but about the music but if you wanna sell things that way don't get caught and be smart. 

Agunimon
2 hours ago, gagzus said:

I mean they ain’t wrong, im glad at least one critic isn’t afraid to say anything negative about artists like Bey and Taylor who send lynch mobs almost of fans after everyone

are we forgetting the bullying little monsters put people through for not liking chromatica? :flippy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bronco

The genre tourism things feel a bit icky. Trying to justify it by pointing to her obscene wealth also icky. 

She grew up in the same southern city church going community as virtually every country singer did. She got scouted like the other country singers did. She made bank like every mainstream country singers did.
She ain't ever hidden her southern roots, her creole heritage etc. 

Do I think these are her best work in the genre? No. But the genre tourism stuff is a very weird invalidation of a woman with every right to work in the genre & especially since she's highlighting the oft ignored legacy of black musicians in the genre. 

• Like 2

NichuuB

I kinda agree:deadbanana:

Bey is not relatable and when she tries to sound like that it comes out kinda corny

Property of @Whale
  • Thanks 3