💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork calls new Bey song “car-commercial music"

Kimmo

Featured Posts

RAMROD
1 minute ago, INNA said:

If there's one thing we've seen with Pitchfork, it's that they love to be the contrarian and publish reviews that will create outrage

Bey was raised in Texas and is definitely a southern belle, her parents are from southern states, it's not at all a stretch to say that country music has a place in her life.

I've been seeing a lot of people saying that Bey is making a point with Renaissance acts 1, 2 & 3 to re-claim genres that were originally created by black artists

Act 1 being house

Act 2 being country

Act 3 being rock

So it's probably wise to wait for the full project before we un-claim this whole era. Country and pop are very similar anyways :holdmyhand:

I am still very much excited :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Love 1

Ladle Ghoulash

It’s so funny how people have such opportunistic attitudes towards music journalism tho. Pretty reflective of a general intolerance toward differences of opinion imo 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

The mission statement of a project does not and cannot supersede the quality of the music. I appreciate what she’s doing in that respect and I certainly don’t think the songs are bad, but to imply that folks who aren’t liking it on here (a fan base that notoriously doesn’t like anything country adjacent) don’t like it because they’re racist is a bit much. 

Agreed. Nobody has said anything biased.

• Thanks 2

Karl

They're mad when she's making music flexing about her money and life they're mad when she makes a relatable song, it's trendy to hate on bey at this point and I'm over it. No other millionaire artist would get flak for making a GP friendly song, see every country superstar making similar songs.

• LMAO 3
  • Thanks 6

Gaga2645
2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

The mission statement of a project does not and cannot supersede the quality of the music. I appreciate what she’s doing in that respect and I certainly don’t think the songs are bad, but to imply that folks who aren’t liking it on here (a fan base that notoriously doesn’t like anything country adjacent) don’t like it because they’re racist is a bit much. 

That’s not necessarily what I said but if the shoe fits…! 
i’m merely pointing out that there is usually a trend/pattern with bey in which people nitpick her and also make jokes about her “appropriating culture”

HelloHangoverz
Just now, Gaga2645 said:

i’m merely pointing out that there is usually a trend/pattern with bey in which people nitpick her and also make jokes about her “appropriating culture”

That's fair. I saw a few of her fans kicking off that it was descrbed as "country influenced" instead of just straight country, which is totally valid. There was also the obligatory "country with RnB influences" from Variety I think, which was just ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

*heavily implies something* 

“That‘s not what I said, but it probably applies to you.” Okay, sis. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 1

Lucas

Hope they don't read their DMs because we all know the Beyonce stans are spamming death threats rn :laughga:

Roughhouse Dandy

Disagree heavy but whatever. She's never going to be able to please certain people and I'm glad she doesn't care to try.

Sidenote: She's always been a country girl. Got made fun of for it early in her career. On top of the fact that the genre came from us. So this "genre tourism" comment is more than a little silly 💖

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

BlingNotTheMusic
21 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Some of y’all are telling on yourselves with your biasesssss maybe check em… 

Since Renaissance it has been known the three Act project would encompass a reclamation of musical genres stolen from black people by white people. I can’t wait for the rock album that’s Act III that’s gonna piss everybody off because it’s gonna be so good. 
some of these jokes already are just not funny…. They just look tone deaf and stupid lmaoo

15 minutes ago, Karl said:

They're mad when she's making music flexing about her money and life they're mad when she makes a relatable song, it's trendy to hate on bey at this point and I'm over it. No other millionaire artist would get flak for making a GP friendly song, see every country superstar making similar songs.

People are allowed to not like her music, it's not that complicated :icant:

EDIT: I loved Renaissance so much, but the new songs just don't vibe with me. And I'm from the flop southern state of Tennessee :haroon:

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy
1 minute ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

People are allowed to not like her music, it's not that complicated :icant:

It's not the opinions; it's the microaggressions within the justification of the opinions. 

• Like 2

faysalaaa
29 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Some of y’all are telling on yourselves with your biasesssss maybe check em… 

Since Renaissance it has been known the three Act project would encompass a reclamation of musical genres stolen from black people by white people. I can’t wait for the rock album that’s Act III that’s gonna piss everybody off because it’s gonna be so good. 
some of these jokes already are just not funny…. They just look tone deaf and stupid lmaoo

Just because the idea behind it is good, doesnt mean we have to love the actual music. Its not tone deaf or bias to not love Beyonces music.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

It's not the opinions; it's the microaggressions within the justification of the opinions. 

Sure, I agree with that.

But where did I say I was defending microaggressions? I simply just said people are allowed to not like her music, and I quoted posts that were doing gymnastics to make it so everyone who criticizes her music is instantly racist.

I'm honestly a huge Beyonce fan and have been since her Destiny's Child days ever since I saw "No, No, No" on Smart Guy :laughga: and I saw their farewell concert 💗 but all I'm saying is I think people get carried away when someone doesn't like their fav and that's the purpose of my post. Not to discredit actual racism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didymus

I like the idea of Bey making country music and reclaiming it btw. But she is doing it so strangely.

I wish she had taken the risk to go very raw and unfiltered. These songs are so overproduced and overly glossy, I just can't take the "message" seriously rn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Roughhouse Dandy
9 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Sure, I agree with that.

But where did I say I was defending microaggressions? I simply just said people are allowed to not like her music, and I quoted posts that were doing gymnastics to make it so everyone who criticizes her music is instantly racist.

I'm honestly a huge Beyonce fan and have been since her Destiny's Child days ever since I saw "No, No, No" on Smart Guy :laughga: and I saw their farewell concert 💗 but all I'm saying is I think people get carried away when someone doesn't like their fav and that's the purpose of my post. Not to discredit actual racism.

Didn't mean to imply you were defending microaggressions! I don't think you were. 

I was speaking generally and you were referring to specifics. Miscommunication 🥰

• Love 1