💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork calls new Bey song “car-commercial music"

Kimmo

Featured Posts

gagzus
9 hours ago, Agunimon said:

how many threads do we have about ARTPOP act 2 and the chromatica ball film and various theories and when announcement for lg7 will take place? :oprah:

Speculation and hype threads are us having fun I’m talking about something much more serious than that girl 💀 like I’ve never met a Beyoncé fan irl who is legit catty or accused me of racism because I said I wasn’t a fan

• Like 2

Everything they said was right, at the end of the day this is a vanity project of bored billionaire, just like Black is King was, and just like that album/film, it feels icky.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

doppelganger

My first impression is act2 isn't as strong as Renaissance. Lyrically the two songs do not hold a candle to top tier country music, which makes me think that Bey doesn't hold the genre with reverence . Maybe they're not meant to be? That they are simply hip hop music with country instrumentation? But they don't work for me. 

• Like 2

Mister G
19 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I have mixed feelings tbh. Texas Hold ‘Em is cute, but largely forgettable. 16 Carriages, imo, was the real standout of the two singles. We’ll see, tho. Not clicking with me the same way Act I did, but I’m not writing it off right away 

For sure I'm definitely curious to hear the rest of Act II.

27monster27

Based on this article and the comments in this thread it looks like Renaissance Act II is gonna be another album like American Life and Witness where a woman gets trash talked and is told that she is making things about herself. Meanwhile people like Kanye talk about struggles and people eat it up. Once again we aren't letting women have the chance to speak on issues.

he/him/his
  • Like 1

Karl
5 hours ago, komr said:

Everything they said was right, at the end of the day this is a vanity project of bored billionaire, just like Black is King was, and just like that album/film, it feels icky.

LG7 is the same then, so is midnights, it's just a vanity project. They're all bloody rich, she's making music because she's a musician, it's for her fans, it's to add to her discography, I just don't understand why Bey is looked at totally different from any other pop star. I sometimes think the fact she doesn't post about her life makes her less relatable so people have to make assumptions about her because they don't see much of her personal life or interviews with her being goofy or something, idk. Like when an artist makes enough money they should just stop putting out new records? I just don't get it. 

Morphine Prince

Too busy streaming and enjoying the songs to care what Pitchfork thinks. 

Excited to see her take on country with this album.