new music

BEYONCÉ - "16 CARRIAGES" & "TEXAS HOLD 'EM" Out Now!

GypsyVida

Featured Posts

palma

Texas Hold 'Em didn't really grab my attention. I am non-American so it sounds a little too niche/traditional to me perhaps? I could see it working maybe as a soundtrack song but as the lead single to the Renaissance follow-up? I don't see this connecting to her global fans (like myself).

16 Carriages started with incredible promise but I agree with previous comments that her vocals did not really blow me away. I love Daddy Lessons so much and either songs we have so far do not measure up to that. What I wish she had done would be a sonic follow-up to Madonna's Music. Analog instruments with an innovative and modern production. 

Also I love her premise of re-claiming genres that originated in Black music but I really need a new R&B album (it's been too long since 4) so I hope Act III will come out next year, and she'll be ready to move on to another project.

All these being said, I must say I am often underwhelmed by whatever Beyoncé and Gaga released since ST/ARTPOP (with the ASIB soundtrack being an exception) because of my incredibly high expectations (and then later ended up really liking them. :partysick:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 1

Darcklighter22

The vocals are nice....production ehh. Might just wait for someone to post the albums acapellas when it gets released.

Glamourpuss

I love country music and was hoping pop would eventually go country. It seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now. I just hope that it won't take away from real country artists not being nominated in their own categories because of mega stars like Beyonce. 

Having said that I really like these new tracks. I'm not a Bey fan at all but feel like she's catered to me with this new style and I think it's good that she's trying something new and not stickinf to playing it safe.

• YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

JazzGa

Okay, okay, we are yeeing, we are hawing!

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

Roughhouse Dandy

When the production shifts and the piano kicks in on Texas Hold Em I become something beyond human. I could fight God and win. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Battle 4 Ur Life
3 hours ago, Mr S said:

Not a fan of these songs but I recognize the quality. No matter how her song clicks with people, it always has a level of quality to it. If only Joanne had this kind of quality to it.

I agree and YAS but disagree Joanne pales in comparison. it does have phenomenal production as well and was also reinventing for the artist Gaga herself.

I don’t like all of Joanne either but 

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

Battle 4 Ur Life
1 hour ago, Glamourpuss said:

I love country music and was hoping pop would eventually go country. It seems everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now. I just hope that it won't take away from real country artists not being nominated in their own categories because of mega stars like Beyonce. 

Having said that I really like these new tracks. I'm not a Bey fan at all but feel like she's catered to me with this new style and I think it's good that she's trying something new and not stickinf to playing it safe.

she like Gaga have vocal range and technique to take up a whole style and make their own.

because if it’s just them and a decent base player on the side of some abandoned road they can still put on a concert and gather a crowd

why we listen to them and trust their vision in the first place.

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

eifulien

ooh I dig 16 carriages, but the Texas song... am I the only one that gets the music for rednecks vibe?  :ladyhaha: Will Yoncé unite the republicans and the Europeans this year and shove country down our throats? I'll have to check the album but I'm already praying she doesn't wait 2 years for the last act. Just keep this one quick and local on US soil.

One big positive I see coming from this is that maaaaybe more monsters will stop refering to Joanne as a country album, cause Bey is coming with them real guns. First she stomped on poor sis Chromatica with Act I and suffocated her, now she about to obliterate weak Joanne with Act II, too. :ally:

Edited by Son of ARTPOP

LastNight

Finally listened. Texas is fun, but I don’t get the 16 Carriages hype. There are some beautiful moments in it but ultimately I find it a bit grating. Excited for the full album though - I’m sure it’ll all come together for me when I hear the whole thing!

Mr S

She has balls to release this right now. All everyone is talking about is Taylor and kelce and some of usher. Beyonce's release has been relatively ignored.