💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Review-Journal Columnist: Gaga Vegas in June

Stef

Featured Posts

Chromamama

I'll say this; I get why some fans don't like jazz but think of it this way - she has proven MULTIPLE times now that Jazz doesn't mean zero pop songs/hits. We got an album that was house/dance/pop (a fcking great one at that) followed by a late tour for that album, and we got multiple performances laced with her pop hits. Just look at last nights private event! Her normal J&P shows have her pop hits turned into jazzy ballady type songs where she clearly excells at. Plus overall Jazz and singing Jazz makes her happy. Kinda like a safe space (from the vibe I'm getting).

Which leads me to my next thing about Vegas. Clearly Vegas provides that environment for her to thrive interms of Jazz and expressing that. ALL her J&P shows look so fun and look like SHE is having a blast. I would love to see her take her J&P shows global ngl

I think its so important for her to be in an environment that provides her to express herself and to be happy. 

I DO wish, however, that she releases more pop albums quicker than a huge drought and silence and then suddenly she releases and goes back to that cycle. I do wish she was quicker with her pop releases and does pop shows/live performances overseas or not and gives us something fresh. But that doesn't mean that she shouldn't do jazz, she can do both. 

Not a lover of Jazz ngl but I love her jazz shows. Agree with the makeup ngl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chromamama

Would be interesting to see if she does a pop show or jazz, if the rumour is correct 

TEANUS

I’d be shocked if LG7 isn’t out before she goes back to Vegas as much as she’s been in the studio. It would make sense for her to relaunch a pop-oriented show after it after all

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Maxine Puth

The only thing I wish were different in regards to all these jazz shows is that she would actually record them and make new jazz albums with all the songs she performs, so many times I wish to listen to the Gaga version of standards and they just don’t exist outside of fan recordings. It’s a bit weird to position yourself as a crooner and then not release any of those songs.

• Thanks 2

TEANUS
3 minutes ago, Chromamama said:

I would love to see her take her J&P shows global ngl

This! Imagine her doing residencies in the major cities around the world where she did a pop show and then a jazz show in back-to-back nights

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Thanks 1

elijahfan
25 minutes ago, Rifek said:

Wasn’t the Enigma pop show scrapped and more Jazz & Piano dates added to fulfill the contract? 

This. There's no way she's reviving a pop show there, it's pretty obvious now she'd rather fill the bank in Vegas with jazz as it requires less preparation for her.

• Like 2

Anderson123

I really need to attend one of her jazz shows istg. I'm more excited about those than Enigma.

Stef

Here’s my two cents, I love JazzGa, the shows provide for some outstanding vocal moments. However, I do not like that it seems to be taking priority, both at the residency and at whatever other events she does. 

She has the potential to create a huge pop spectacle in Vegas again. Enigma missed the mark in terms of costumes and storyline, but TCB showed us she can still be that pop girl! 

It would be very jarring for her to launch LG7 with the dark aesthetics, and then wind up back in Vegas doing her routine jazz sets in her showgirl numbers only 3 months into the era. 

I really do hope she’s planning a pop show to accompany this album, at the very least, to alternate between the J&P shows. 

Edited by Stef
Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • Like 2

Reality

Also, did this person ever specify it was for the J&P shows? Because maybe she is working up something more pop-based and we just don’t know yet

🃏🖤👹

Stef
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Also, did this person ever specify it was for the J&P shows? Because maybe she is working up something more pop-based and we just don’t know yet

Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • Thanks 2

madmagical6
6 minutes ago, Stef said:

Here’s my two cents, I love JazzGa, the shows provide for some outstanding vocal moments. However, I do not like that it seems to be taking priority, both at the residency and at whatever other events she does. 

She has the potential to create a huge pop spectacle in Vegas again. Enigma missed the mark in terms of costumes and storyline, but TCB showed us she can still be that pop girl! 

It would be very jarring for her to launch LG7 with the dark aesthetics, and then wind up back in Vegas doing her routine jazz sets in her showgirl numbers only 3 months into the era. 

I really do hope she’s planning a pop show to accompany this album, at the very least, to alternate between the J&P shows. 

Maybe this is a sign that she's making a jazz/pop record? Jazz music but with a pop twist. Would explain the trumpet in her studio photos. 

I agree with what you're saying having pure jazz shows 3-4 months into a seemingly popular era doesn't seem right to me. 

• YAAAS 1

Maxine Puth
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

She said something like “I’m coming back with all my band mates because we love it so much” last year.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Stef said:

However, I do not like that it seems to be taking priority, both at the residency and at whatever other events she does. 

I feel the same way. Her jazz shows are amazing but a pop album and performances are long overdue.

Edited by Fzz

Chromamama
11 minutes ago, Stef said:

Yeah a new pop show could be great🕺🏼

Reality
6 minutes ago, Stef said:

Thanks for the clarification. Honestly though, even if she does do more J&P shows, that doesn’t rule out any possibility of her doing other shows and performances that are more pop-based. Regardless of the jazz shows, I think LG7 was always meant to be a shorter/more contained era since Joker is going to take up a lot of the second half of the year. This doesn’t really change much imo.

🃏🖤👹