Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

GaGa Nurtec ad controversy (reflection)

dit

Featured Posts

LG666

It's not that shocking. Lady Gaga is a brand. Brand deals happen ALL the time and have for decades. I didn't bat an eye. Not to mention.... these types of brand deals and ads are months in development and there are contracts involved. So her releasing this while TCB was not released was just bad timing with the strikes. It's similar to the Oreo deal where it was planned and developed way ahead of time but contract obligations with nothing to stop it made it "randomly" appear. The business of large brands like Gaga.

My favorite part, as always, was seeing the drama and the mess from Little Managers who think they know everything. :laughga:

Edited by LG666
  • Like 2

M i K E Y

As a European I find it very odd that celebrities get to advertise medical drugs. I don’t know but it just doesn’t sit right with me. And the fact that they used the film footage which is STILL not released still upsets me a little tbh. 
But you can tell that she took the criticism seriously because after her „apology“ post she started to share more selfies from time to time.

• Like 20

RAMROD

It will never be a yaas moment tbh. This move is scummy on her part regardless of her reasonings. 

Working with/for a big pharma is the most sell out move ever.  

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Delulu Rogers

Honestly one of the worst things she’s done and the backlash was all warranted. Unfortunately I don’t think she learned her lesson as we still have no content other than her selling stuff + the film is scrapped. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz

This is why I think the Chromatica Ball Film ain't coming beause Nurtec were supposed to sponsor it

bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • Shook 2

Frankenztein

Knowing that the fans have wanted a concert film since the last (and only) one we got was from 2011, more than a decade ago, and choosing to give the only professional footage from TCB to advertise for pharmaceuticals feels outright insulting.

Gaga and her team are disconnected from her audience. If they understood where the fans are at now in relation to Gaga as an artist anymore they would have realized how callous it would come across to many of us. It might seem exaggerated, but it feels like a slap in the face to the fans.

Considering that the TCB was a limited stadium tour where she did not go to many countries, and it came after a Vegas residency that has localized her to the US for years. Fans who have had no chance to see her live in years hoped to at least get to see a TCB film. For Gaga to turn around and give the only footage we have seen from the tour to a commercial sent a clear signal that her priority is a paycheck above anything else she claims to care about.

I do not mind if she advertises in general and makes her money. I do not even mind Haus Labs. The thing that sets the Nurtec ad apart was the misstep of using the TCB footage. It demonstrated the lack of care and lack of 'being in-touch' with how her audience is feeling about her as an artist right now. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, KillerMonster said:

I loved the ad. I love seeing her appear on TV :heart: Nurtec is such an amazing prescription for those who suffer from migraines. 

I mean people can have their feelings about doing this ad or whatever but Nurtec has helped me so much. Having chronic migraines sucks and most meds aren’t made specifically for migraines like Nurtec. 

she/her/hers
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

The Z

I never understood why fans seemed so shocked tbh, like how is that different from her Dom Pérignon campain or Tudor

Edited by The Z
  • Like 3

vanus

What if nutrec was a sponsor of TCB movie and thats why she didnt release the movie bcs of the backlash?

imma cut a bitch

Lucas

Still hate it. To make it's like those influencers who make collabs with any brand to sell **** to sheeps for a quick money grab

• Like 1

TheFame Monster

would’ve been fine if she did something like Jamie Lee Curtis and advertised Activia :billie:

it’s the fact that its a big pharma advertisement. I don’t think prescription drugs should be advertised. Doctors should be aware of what drugs are available and best for their patients. Not this bs “ask your doctor about ________”

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

HelloHangoverz
8 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

would’ve been fine if she did something like Jamie Lee Curtis and advertised Activia :billie:

it’s the fact that its a big pharma advertisement. I don’t think prescription drugs should be advertised. Doctors should be aware of what drugs are available and best for their patients. Not this bs “ask your doctor about ________”

I agree with this. You shouldn't have to ask your Doctor about anything. My doctor has 7 years of university education, they're prescribing me what I need anyway

Edited by HelloHangoverz
bottoms up....and the devil laughs
  • Like 1

Stef

IMG-8507.jpg

I still can’t get over the fact that this is a genuine caption on a Lady Gaga Instagram post like :air: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 6