Do you?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yas
    • Sometimes
    • No

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

I listened to it in full the other day for the first time in a looooong time. There's songs I really dislike but each song has, at least, one redeemable quality.

For example, I really dislike:

Stupid Love , but I love the "All I ever wanted was love..." and most of the lyrics until the chorus :trollga: and that instrumental and production is just grating and annoying tbh...

Free Woman , because the demo version had much better delivery and production, just the whole vibe was better. The studio version's chorus is instrumental, it's a weird structure. Actually the only thing I like about the studio version is the final "I'm a free womaaaaayaaaaaayaaaan" This version just lacks the punch of the demo.

Fun Tonight , but, similar to Stupid Love, it's lyrically great until the chorus. The melody is cute but overall too elementary sounding, and you're waiting for the beat drop and then she just continues to the next verse, like what? The same blue-ball effect that Free Woman album version has. You're waiting for it to crank up the beat and then nothing happens. The Oohhh Oohhh Oohhh is filler and corny to me. 

Plastic Doll , probably my most disliked song on the album. It just comes off very Kidz Bop to me. The messaging is cute but I only really enjoy Gaga's vocal delivery. If I'm listening to the album in full I will rarely not skip it, but I let it play the other day just for the hell of it.

Other than that, Alice, ROM, Enigma, Replay, Babylon are constantly on my Spotify either in my workout playlist or because I want to hear them. 

911 is honestly one of my favorites but damn, that chorus really gets overly repetitive doesn't it? Also, the MV was a missed opportunity for me.

Sour Candy I enjoy the Gaga parts only. It's structured weird to have your "featuring" artists open the song. When I first played it I kept just waiting for Gaga. Imo, this is some of her best moments on Chromatica, and it's very shortlived. The song deserves to be AT LEAST a minute longer with another Gaga verse and maybe an instrumental change up. Could've been one of her best tracks, especially with her delivery at TCB.

Sine From Above is just okay for me. Kinda of odd it isn't more iconic with the feature that is Elton. I love the lyrics but the production and instrumental choices are interesting...

1000 Doves is another Free Woman, Stupid Love, 911 scenario where the the chorus is just lackluster (instrumental). You have an iconic pre-chorus "...flying with some broken arms...' and then "A thousand do-oh-oh-oh-oh-oves" on repeat. It was such a disappointment after the impeccable lyrical choices. It just kinda goes nowhere. Unfortunate because it's probably Gaga's best performance vocally on the album. 

With that said, the DOC remixes definitely get more spins from me with certain songs like SL, Plastic Doll, Free Woman and Sour Candy.

Edited by BlingNotTheMusic
https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

Roughhouse Dandy

I've kinda fella off most music that came out during That™️ global era, and it was never my favorite project of hers. I will, however, put on the highlights of Dawn of Chromatica every now and then. Rain On Me, Plastic Doll, and 911 is exempt from any criticism or avoidance. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

thatarizonasky

Honestly it’s my most played album of hers and I’ve been a stan since 2010

• Shook 1

danbekim

I listen to 911 and Replay

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

I listen to it regularly. 
But with some songs I never got warm (Plastic Doll and Free Woman and partly sour candy and alice). But as a whole it has many songs I like but i prefer every other gaga album over it. I do not stan chromatica

Tracks I have something to say about/I listen

Alice: Only sometimes not so much a fan of the ah ah ah part and the production. Don't know how to put it but it is sometimes strenuous to listen to for me and sometimes I just love it

Stupid Love: I like it but it doesn't kick like Born This Way/Bad Romance/Just dance as a lead single. I got a bit tired of it

Rain on Me: Is fun but also repetitive 

Fun Tonight: I really enjoy this song/one of my faves

911: great song

Sour Candy: Like Lady Gagas Part, Blackpinks not so much and it is to short

Enigma: Didn't like it till the chromatica ball, since then i love it. Hearing it live gave it a new feeling

Replay: great song

Sine From Above: Love the song, hate the outro

1000 Doves (love it live and like it as the demo, the normal version is to fast)

Babylon: great song

Love me Right: cute 

Nite

I listen to Replay, Enigma and 911 pretty regularly. And the piano version of 1000 Doves. It's such a loss that there's no studio version available on streaming. 

Apart from Replay, I practically never listen to Chromatica. It's not a bad album in any way. It's just... homogeneous as phaq. Most of the songs fill like they have a variation of the same production. And said production isn't amazing either. In the first two years, it was impossible for me to distinguish a lot of the tracks based on their opening. All of them sounded like the same boring house melodies.

Every Gaga album / era has something memorable; songs and/or events. Chromatica has none. I mean, not even the collab with Ariana left a mark. The song felt irrelevant to me even when it was at #1 !!!

I'm so ready for LG7. This era will DEFINITELY be better. :firega:

Edited by Ioa99

Stephen

Free Woman / Sour Candy / Enigma / Babylon all the time :firega:

Rain On Me / 911 / Replay occasionally :vegas:

The others rarely :messga:

HelloHangoverz

Chromatica is my favourite album of her's. I listen to it more than any other. Sine From Above was robbed of a live performance

Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.

eifulien

I listen to certain songs from the album. Overall, I can't listen to the whole album, too many songs I dislike.

But the ones I do like are career highlights: Alice, Free Woman, Enigma and occasionally Babylon, Rain on Me and 911.

I've been revisiting Love Me Right and 1000 Doves Piano tape way more than the main album. :oops: