Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Is LG7 is going to be Electro Swing?

Contrapoints

Featured Posts

Contrapoints

So what do you guys imagine LG7 will sound like? Because the current rumours are kinda contradictory. Somehow it's gonna be a harkening back to her dark pop roots but also jazzy and rock at the same time? I'm kinda having a hard time imagining how thats gonna sound, but the closest approximation I can think of combining all the above is a genre called Electro Swing: basically a fusion of traditional jazz instruments and melodies layered over modern house beats. 

This is actually a genre Gaga herself has dipped her toes in a couple of times already, most notably with Replay and (maybe) Teeth.

Would you like a Gaga album full of songs like Replay or the other songs mentioned above?

Personally I think it's a genre that kind of fits Gaga's pretty personality well: it's a bit quirky and theatrical but thats why you love it. And I think its a good way of combining all of Gaga's musical talents into one, we know she loves to do jazz, pop, house and rock, so why not combine it all into a package that would probably please fans as well? It's a win/win all around if you ask me.

Edited by Contrapoints
  • YAAAS 2

Killa

It could make sense but i don't know why but dont think it fits Gaga at all. Maybe for a revamped show in Las Vegas, but not the sonority of the album. She was a bit soulful in Teeth but it is kinda out of placed in Fame Monster, nor it is Electro Swing. 

But in theory a very Noir cabaret Metropolis Gaga would make all the sense in the world. Maybe with some post punk instrumentation and more house beat. Dont know how that would sound:lana:. But for the things i know electro swing, it's not very down her alley. It could generate a serious hit if done well tho

Bowman

I think if anything maybe acid jazz would be make more sense LG7, it has a more mature and organic sound 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • YAAAS 1

homomo

Electro-swing brings me back to 2016. Such good times

Sneaky Oliver

Hopefully not, tbh :ororomunroe:

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Creyk

I love this genre and no one is really doing it at the moment so it would be a bold choice for Gaga. I see no reason to think she will bring this, but if she does I won't be complaining!

Edited by Creyk

Lextyr97

I don’t know or care what genre the album ends up being as long as I can do this while playing it:

scarlett-johansson-dancing.gif

• Contrapoints changed the title to Is LG7 is going to be Electro Swing?
Ultimecia

Enigma's instrumental is also very electro-swing during the choruses

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...