đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7 and Bowie Theory

OMonster

Featured Posts

liamgaga
16 minutes ago, Reality said:

I think the GP wants the weirder side of Gaga though. Its shows when songs like HML and Bloody Mary become popular on TikTok for literally no reason lol. Even Chromatica was a more "mainstream" version of her usual pop self. I think she could benefit from doing the weirder and darker stuff she was previously known for. It's something different and I think that'll excite people, not alienate them. Plus, Joker's already going to be really dark, so this would be nice synergy. 

Agreed! As long as the music is radio friendly I am here for it! I love weird gaga as much as the next person 🥰

palma
4 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

If I had my way, Gaga would say fvck it and go full experimental. She could have a double album (similar to OG ARTPOP concept) where the first 10 tracks are somewhat more mainstream so she still sells records for the label. The last 6-8 tracks can be full experimental, weird, industrial, no verse-chorus-verse structure.

StationToStation indeed!

The thing is, no one but us will purchase the album on iTunes and as long as she has some radio-serviceable songs on the album she can truly go balls to the wall with the album tracks. As it has been pointed out all her weirdo deep-cuts from BTW go viral every other day. It's about time she serves an experimental masterpiece.

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Butters Stotch

I really just want Gaga to make mature interesting and experimental music that makes her happy to be an artist, a singer and a musician. When she does that, her music is better than anything.

That's what I expect from LG7 and all of this sounds incredibly accurate :giveup:

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

Nathaniel Arven
4 hours ago, M i K E Y said:

„Thereeeee are youuu, drive like a clown from meltdown to meltdowwnnnnn“

“it’s not the side effects of the insiders, I’m thinking that it must be LG7“

pls forgive me 

it's too late, to speculate again..... 

Schizophonic

9phuWc.gif

Hype train:

next station, another station, next station…..

• LMAO 1

Pennywise

Tbh I don't want her to do anything Bowie inspired at all, after what happened with the tribute and the reaction to it from Bowie's family. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1

InTheCloset

Would Bowie's son be ok with it? Does Gaga need his permission? Would he not give it the way he didnt for babylon's early version featuring bowie's guitar? Is another canceled era upon us? Is Gaga about to be dragged by him again?

Where's the spunk, Adam?

Sneaky Oliver

I was thinking about writing a thread about my feelings about LG7 but since you mentioned the “transitional album” here, I’ll share a few of my thoughts. I really feel like LG7 is going to be a transitional album. Ofc we got Station to Station as an example but we could think of Madonna’s Bedtime Stories as well. Chromatica was obviously built to be a new peak for Gaga’s career critical-wise as well as commercial-wise: we had her comeback to dance pop, features such as Ariana and BP, a duet with sir Elton John, we had a Coachella gig and VMA as huge promotional spots. So it makes sense that LG7, assuming Gaga has been writing and overall planning her next era since Chromatica/pandemics, could be less focused on be a smash and more experimental. 

I’ve seen many comments about how Joanne works as a transition to ASIB within her discography but I’m not sure if I agree, tbh. Joanne was meant to be a bang, shocking for its rawness and simplicity. Those two records share more of a vague feeling of country/americana than actually having similarities. Every record from The Fame to Chromatica felt like a whole new wheel reinvented. 

So when we look back at Gaga’s discography years from now, we might see LG7 as a transition from the “early days” Gaga (TF-Chromatica) to a more mature Gaga, personally but, most importantly, musically. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era
  • Like 1