💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7 and Bowie Theory

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

I don’t know if this has been posted here already but Gaga’s photos last night bear a strong resemblance to Bowie in his “Station to Station” era: 

image-1.png 

In this era, he notably adopted the persona of The Thin White Duke (pictured above). 

This character was directly inspired by the role he played in the film “The Man Who Fell to Earth”, as was the entire album. 

We know that Gaga has long felt an affinity to this album and this persona, as the sixth episode of Gagavision was actually titled “The Thin White Duke”, way back in 2008. 

All of this begs the question… 

Could LG7 be Gaga’s own take on Bowie’s “Station to Station”, in that it is an album inspired by her experience of filming Joker 2?

There are other parallels too… 

“Musically, Station to Station was a transitional album for Bowie, developing the funk and soul of Young Americans while presenting a new direction influenced by electronic music and the German music genre of krautrock. The lyrics reflected Bowie's preoccupations with Friedrich Nietzsche, Aleister Crowley, mythology and religion.”

Funk, soul, electronic music, German-inspired rock music, mythology, religion… these are all things that we have also picked up from Gaga’s (albeit very limited) teasing of LG7. “Church”, “Magic potions take time”, the rock, funk and soul vibes. 

Bowie also considered this album to be “extremely dark”, which  LG7 feels like it could be too based on the black heart, monster emoji and black/white aesthetic. 

I’m also wondering if the black heart could be a reference to Gaga’s love for Bowie, given his final album was titled “Black Star”. Perhaps LG7 really will be titled "Black Heart" in homage to him. 

Combined with the inevitability that LG7 will most likely take at least some inspiration from Joker 2, I think there is some weight to this theory. Maybe Gaga will adopt a persona for this album that’s inspired by Harley. Or maybe she'll simply tell us that the album’s darkness was inspired by that role, which led her into taking inspiration from Bowie again?

Even if there’s nothing to this, I think it’s a very exciting thought on many fronts. I absolutely love the idea of Gaga producing music inspired by both Harley and Bowie. What do you think?

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 23
  • Love 8
  • Shook 5

ProfessionalClown

god i hope so, station to station is one of my fave bowie albums 

• Thanks 5

palma

Reaction Gif GIF by MOODMAN

I am always down for a Bowie-inspired album revolving around a persona with dark themes :vegas: I think it's also safe to say Gaga's experience on HoG and J:FaD could likely influence the album given that she's a method actrice.

Then again she also shelved the entire Art of Darkness concept and its smash 3xdiamond certified hit Frankensteined after being inspired by AHS so you never know with her :huntyga:

Speaking of Bowie I would die if Gaga delivered us something like this with LG7 :giveup:

Edited by palma
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3

julz

Finally...a thread that talks about Bowie :billie: I really think that LG7 is heavily inspired by this concept based on her posts. I also think the title of the album is Black Heart or Blackheart...as homage to Blackstar.

I agree with everything above. In a way, this is Gaga coming back to her roots..bec Bowie is a huge influence on her. 

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3
  • Shook 1

Stef

Station to station??

Much like my… critically acclaimed

Announcement Hype Train  

??

Racing Sunglasses GIF by Burger Records

Signature loading… 👹🖤
  • LMAO 21
  • YAAAS 9

AkariGaga

I hope she is not gonna make pro fascist statements like Bowie did 

• Thanks 2

King of the Fall

I think you might be on to something, Station to Station is a very dark album, might be the darkest album Bowie ever made. It is basically a glimpse into the mind of somebody isolated and addicted to cocaine who is crying out for help and searching for meaning in a life that feels hopeless.

It seems like a Gaga album inspired by such themes would fit her perfectly and perhaps it was only natural she would go down a path like this anyway since she was in the joker headspace already.

We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • Like 6

Reality

I think this is one of the most plausible theories out there tbh. That all tracks and it makes sense without being too far-fetched. We know that Bowie is Gaga's #1 inspiration and it's not like she hasn't referenced him before in a lot of her work. Her outfit in the posts from last night is very similar to Bowie's Thin White Duke persona and I wouldn't be surprised if Joker 2 inspired parts of the album. She did say the entire filming process was a very introspective time for her, so maybe she used some of that for her own music. 

The black heart, ogre emoji, and black and white aesthetics also lean more towards a darker vibe, so that trakcs too. 

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 3

The Z

I don’t think the album is titled Black Heart, it would be way too obvious.

However, I always felt that Mother Nature had a strong connection to LG7, and it kinda works with The Man Who Fell To Earth, doesn’t it?

Reality
2 minutes ago, AkariGaga said:

Girl—:toofunny:

🃏🖤👹
  • LMAO 1

King of the Fall
4 minutes ago, AkariGaga said:

He was strung out on drugs to the point he was not in his right mind during that period and he admitted he did not know why the hell he ever made those statements later in life. Also, Thin White Duke is this authoritarian and facist like figure, so I am sure he was playing into the themes of the album and character, sorta like how Gaga worked with R Kelly because sexual assault is a theme of ARTPOP.

Edited by Angelene
We define our moral ground, but when I crawl into your arms, everything comes tumbling down
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Bolkins

I am onboard with her following Bowie’s lead, as in going back to creating personas that tell a story etc. But I hope she isn’t going to reference Bowie in a big obvious way again, I would imagine his son would pipe up and reignite that ridiculous beef. 

• Like 1