💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Name a Gaga production detail that we dont know bout??

Starmie25

Featured Posts

TimotheeChalamet
3 minutes ago, INNA said:

Good info!!! You seem like you know a lot about samples, do you happen to know what song they sampled/interpolated in Dance in The Dark? I saw a video about it like 12+ years ago but I can't find anything about it now.

It's specifically the synth melody before she starts with "silicone, saline, poison..."

They inrerpolated nothing. There are some similarities with Strangelove by Depeche Mode in the instrumental but it's just a resemblance (and not that heavy tbh) 

INNA
1 minute ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

They inrerpolated nothing. There are some similarities with Strangelove by Depeche Mode in the instrumental but it's just a resemblance (and not that heavy tbh) 

Nah, I remember seeing the video for the other song and it's the exact same synth progression as DITD, just a bit slower, as the video opens. I remember a couple embracing dramatically on a rooftop.

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!
  • Shook 1

Ophelia
14 minutes ago, INNA said:

Good info!!! You seem like you know a lot about samples, do you happen to know what song they sampled/interpolated in Dance in The Dark? I saw a video about it like 12+ years ago but I can't find anything about it now.

It was apparently inspired by Depeche Mode - Strangelove. Gaga was tweeting about listening to DM when preparing for the VMAs and her ex-tour manager is a huge DM fan, he probably was the one who got her obsessed with the band for a short time. She even claimed once  she wants to cover their another song, „People are People” :giveup:

I actually have spotify playlists that consist of samples, inspirations and other songs related to the eras/albums/tours:

Spoiler

Edited by Ophelia
...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Ophelia
3 minutes ago, INNA said:

Nah, I remember seeing the video for the other song and it's the exact same synth progression as DITD, just a bit slower, as the video opens. I remember a couple embracing dramatically on a rooftop.

just saw this reply. Omg, I hoard this kind of info and I've never heard about it  :giveup::giveup:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Love 1

INNA
4 minutes ago, Ophelia said:

It was apparently inspired by Depeche Mode - Strangelove. Gaga was tweeting about listening to DM when preparing for the VMAs and her ex-tour manager is a huge DM fan, he probably was the one who got her obsessed with the band for a short time. She even claimed once  she wants to cover their another song, „People are People” :giveup:

I actually have spotify playlists that contain samples, inspirations and other songs related to the eras/albums/tours:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, I did do some digging before asking so I found the Depeche Mode tidbit and I hear it, but I'm talking about something completely different. It's literally the same synth progression in the intro.

Let me know if you find out what song that is! I swear I'm not making it up, I remember how vividly identical it sounded, such a dramatic sound. It definitely looked like it was from the 80s or 90s. This has been bugging me for over a decade.

Edited by INNA

Ziggy
5 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

- Replay 

The beat is built from a Diana Ross vocal which still blows my mind. BURNS did that. 

- Dancin In Circles 

The verses on "DIC" feature a sitar which is an instrument originating from India. Personally hope she experiments more with that sound again on LG7 :huntyga:

- Schiebe

This is what I led me to creating this discussion thread. I did not know Schiese has a slight interpolation of "Ladies Night" (Kool & the gang). A tiktok was posted talking about the layers between the two tracks, but I think it was removed due to UMG lol.

side note: Seeing a lot of fury and malice towards Gaga lately. Yes, I too am craving for new music, but let's not get bitter devaluing her authenticity, artistry and her age even.

Waaaaait the interpolation is why the verses sound familiar instantly, THANK YOU. I just accepted it was a standard progression or something but this solves it. 

• Shook 1

M i K E Y

The Michael Jackson like „Hee Hees“ in ARTPOP

The beautiful production of SHICD 

The guitars in Gypsy that unfortunately get lost in the production 

Ziggy

Obviously the “CHURCH” in born this way.

the Michael Jackson sample at the start of bad kids. And honestly the particular mix of rock and pop that was VERY his bag that typifies quite a bit of BTW imo.

I *think Venus has the most vocal layers of any song of hers. And was to the best of my recollection the last song written for AP being done right around the VMAs and Applause video when she wrapped the boticelli babe persona into the era.

While not explicitly sampled, you can hear the Janet Jackson/Prince inspo all over sexxx dreams

Girgio Girls features vocals from her actual friends

Americano is inspired by Edith Piaf (I think you can hear it when you strip away the instrumentation).

Dance in the Dark is a reference to the Springsteen song Dancing in the Dark

• Like 2
  • Shook 1

River
42 minutes ago, INNA said:

It's specifically the synth melody before she starts with "silicone, saline, poison..."

The song interpolating depeche mode

TFM is heavily inspired by eurodance

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Shook 1

INNA
1 minute ago, River said:

The song interpolating depeche mode

TFM is heavily inspired by eurodance

Thanks, I had something different in mind though. It's the intro synth. It seems like whatever they took it from is uncredited but I know I saw the original video way back in the early days.

• Like 1

TEANUS

The synths in the chorus of Free Woman’s demo heavily mimic the chord progression of Music Sounds Better With You by Stardust! I hope it was intentional tbh!

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • YAAAS 1

Head Empty

Venus is filled with the most gorgeous stems that you can barely hear in the final product. One of my favourite instrument bits is this Super Mario-esque sample in the pre-chorus. (The chorus synths are stunning as well).

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Defmix100
2 hours ago, Contrapoints said:

If you've never listened to the studio acapella for Poker Face it has these amazing background vocals in the chorus that sound absolutely ethereal

here they are filtered, the huh uh vocals

and this remix used the multitracks which have still never leaked

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Emigrante
5 hours ago, Gorehound said:

She also used to have a phrase for each album that she would repeat

"Cherry cherry boom boom" for The Fame

"I'm a free b*tch, baby" for The Fame Monster

"Baby we were born this way" for BTW (obs lol)

Just "ARTPOP" for ARTPOP and I dk if she had any in Joanne and Chromatica

Joanne’s is xoxo joanne

and Chromatica’s “The journey continues” :air: 

Edited by The Powerpuff Girl
Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • LMAO 4

Starmie25
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Waaaaait the interpolation is why the verses sound familiar instantly, THANK YOU. I just accepted it was a standard progression or something but this solves it. 

• YAAAS 1