• Joanne (2016/17)
    • ASIB (2018/19)
    • Chromatica/L4S (2020/21)
    • Vocal peak TBD (not yet)
    • Buy the new Haus Labs Triclone™ Concealer 🤡

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Love this performance but a lot of the time it just seems like she's shouting lol

As someone who studied voice, can comfortably say she’s not shouting, but the tone is a bit more muted that I’d like. She does use a decent amount of distortion on this as well

• Love 1

Fck I luv Art
4 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Love this performance but a lot of the time it just seems like she's shouting lol

It's Rock and Gospel music and she's not shouting but projecting her voice and use technics :huntyga:

Edited by Fck I luv Art
Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • LMAO 1

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

As someone who studied voice, can comfortably say she’s not shouting, but the tone is a bit more muted that I’d like. She does use a decent amount of distortion on this as well

Yeah it's like the tone isn't, idk, fully rounded? 

It's hard to explain but the reason I enjoy her 2015 performances was because the vocals sounded well rounded and warm, whereas some of the Joanne, ASIB, Chromatica, and L4S have this "flat" feeling, not in the vocal term "flat" but like she's pushing the note so hard that the vocals sound strained? Does that make sense professor?

Sexy Cameron Diaz GIF

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Yeah it's like the tone isn't, idk, fully rounded? 

It's hard to explain but the reason I enjoy her 2015 performances was because the vocals sounded well rounded and warm, whereas some of the Joanne, ASIB, Chromatica, and L4S have this "flat" feeling, not in the vocal term "flat" but like she's pushing the note so hard that the vocals sound strained? Does that make sense professor?

Sexy Cameron Diaz GIF

I think part of it was that she used to use a more forward placed mixed belt, whereas now it’s a chestier sound with a more nasal placement in the sinus/mask area. Definitely see what you mean and agree that she’s shifted her sound in recent years!

• Love 1

BlingNotTheMusic
4 minutes ago, Fck I luv Art said:

It's Rock and Gospel music :huntyga:

Lots of rock and gospel singers sing and don't shout

new york lohan GIF by VH1

Ladle Ghoulash
Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said:

I think part of it was that she used to use a more forward placed mixed belt, whereas now it’s a chestier sound with a more nasal placement in the sinus/mask area. Definitely see what you mean and agree that she’s shifted her sound in recent years!

Part of it might also be that, given that she suffers from chronic migraines, a lot of times that can create tension in the forehead, face, and neck + tongue, which also restricts the amount of resonance she can get 

• Love 1
  • Shook 1

RudraCNG

Joanne, but actually Joanne World Tour, not the album. Poker Face, Alejandro or Telephone never sounded better.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

HelloHangoverz

The Sometimes demo is on par with Whitney Houston in my opinion

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2

EGOT2027

her first national anthem performance 

and

the ASIB filming and joanne tour year

• Like 1
  • Love 2

BlingNotTheMusic
13 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

The Sometimes demo is on par with Whitney Houston in my opinion

Not me waiting for "Sometimes I run..."

MOT

My arm is being twisted with this poll, I'm in some pain. Look, bottom line for me is that her peak runs from ARTPOP through to Joanne, but the poll doesn't allow me to say that, so with my arm halfway up my back ... ok ok .... it's JWT.

• LMAO 2

Lextyr97

Yall really need to see the tour shows for C2C that were not professionally recorded. It should be separate from Image Cleanup. C2C is an overrated era in terms of vocals in my opinions. She had a TON of cracks and off key notes. Like a buttload. I think her peak is going to be next. Seriously, the most recent jazz shows were incredible. She was serving that New York New York vocals effortlessly during a TOUR. Her Vegas jazz show is demanding as **** and she still did that (again, ONLY the most recent shows). I think we are about to see her real peak. 

Edit: To go off this, the Joker leaks sounded insanely perfect 

Edited by Lextyr97
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1

BlingNotTheMusic
33 minutes ago, Reality said:

Joker 2 :gayhat:

violet chachki GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

Yall really need to see the tour shows for C2C that were not professionally recorded. It should be separate from Image Cleanup. C2C is an overrated era in terms of vocals in my opinions. She had a TON of cracks and off key notes. Like a buttload. I think her peak is going to be next. Seriously, the most recent jazz shows were incredible. She was serving that New York New York vocals effortlessly during a TOUR. Her Vegas jazz show is demanding as **** and she still did that (again, ONLY the most recent shows). I think we are about to see her real peak. 

Are there ones on YouTube you can share? I'm interested!