💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga’s (and other artists) music to be removed from Tiktok tomorrow

Stef

Featured Posts

Economy

Something always happens during Gagas releases to kinda screw her over. Its actually pretty incredible :saladga:

• Like 4

GipJo

Tik Tok released a statement, basically confirmed that Tik Tok thinks because it's a free promotional platform so they shouldn't be charged by users using short clip of songs, which to me is total bullshit.

• Like 4

Mr S

Chromatica was supposed have live performances. The pandemic put a stop to that. LG7 was gonna rely on tiktok. Now that's not happening.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Lucas

Wonder which party was too greedy. TikTok must have crazy revenues with 70% of the donations to streamers, the ads, the shop etc...

Emigrante
19 minutes ago, Mr S said:

Chromatica was supposed have live performances. The pandemic put a stop to that. LG7 was gonna rely on tiktok. Now that's not happening.

Was it supposed to be like that? (TikTok) I don’t know, that why I’m asking. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

GipJo
57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wonder which party was too greedy. TikTok must have crazy revenues with 70% of the donations to streamers, the ads, the shop etc...

It's pretty obvious, this is MTV all over again. Right now, Tik Tok only pay labels certain amount of money in advance before using their music for a period of the time (the last payment is 2 years period) , after that no matter how many times they use those songs, it won't give artists any profit. Tik Tok claimed they're a promotion platform, not a streaming platform, so they shouldn't pay artists according to the times their songs are used. I found a report in 2022 about revenue of music industry, apparently, Tik Tok only payed 179 millions in 2021, meanwhile YTB Music payed 4 billions, Spotify 5 Billions. They also commented on this back when this issue were bought up, they claimed they indirectly contributed to the music industry greatly when they let artists use their platform to promote their works for free.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Aga Gydal

Just saw the list of artists under UMG and it’s basically everyone lol. Like almost the entire top 10 of Spotify’s most streamed artists. This will get sorted soon I’m sure, but I’m less concerned about Gaga’s team pushing plans out coz of it. 

But yes, the sweet stench of bad news means a new era is right around the corner! 

• Like 2

Mr S
2 hours ago, The Powerpuff Girl said:

Was it supposed to be like that? (TikTok) I don’t know, that why I’m asking. 

No I just assumed

• Like 1

M i K E Y

This shows how much weight people put on social media/TikTok. 
This platform got way too strong and influential. Art is something that should be respected and protected. 

Economy
14 hours ago, The Z said:

Calm down guys, pretty much every artist you follow is under UMG, and if everybody’s affected, nobody actually is

And also, it is ALWAYS unofficial uploads and edits that become viral, it might change her overall streams, but the hits will be hits

I disagree. Artists like Gaga that have a disproportionately older crowd may get more affected as the younger crowd that has a higher impact on charts may be less likely to eat her up without that promo

Genz artists like Jack Harlow are more followed by the younger crowd and more likely to still get attention by these youngsters even if they are not exposed to it thru tik tok

Economy
2 hours ago, GipJo said:

It's pretty obvious, this is MTV all over again. Right now, Tik Tok only pay labels certain amount of money in advance before using their music for a period of the time (the last payment is 2 years period) , after that no matter how many times they use those songs, it won't give artists any profit. Tik Tok claimed they're a promotion platform, not a streaming platform, so they shouldn't pay artists according to the times their songs are used. I found a report in 2022 about revenue of music industry, apparently, Tik Tok only payed 179 millions in 2021, meanwhile YTB Music payed 4 billions, Spotify 5 Billions. They also commented on this back when this issue were bought up, they claimed they indirectly contributed to the music industry greatly when they let artists use their platform to promote their works for free.

I dont find it hard to believe Tik Tok is underpaying but at the same time making a direct comparison to youtube like that is kinda apples to oranges

Ppl whatch 3 minute audios or music videos on youtube (which on top of that have an ad at the beggining like everytime)

Tik tok plays 15 seconds tops and doesnt have ads every click 

Cant expect an equivalent amount. But i do agree $179M seems too low nevertheless

Edited by Economy

edengowon

this is good. i use tiktok a lot, but primarily for commentary videos/discussion in the same way i use youtube. i've never used it for music and i'm not surprised that artists aren't compensated fairly. if this means artists don't get screwed over, both financially and by artificial intelligence, and that tiktok has a reduced role in the music industry, i'm happy.

the artist formerly known as melancholia
  • Like 1

artdoll
22 hours ago, B2theRich33 said:

maybe it’ll force artists to make songs longer than 2:30 :ohwell:

I wouldn't count on it tbh. We're in the streaming era now so those 2 minute 30 second songs will only keep coming.. :selena:

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。