Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Would You Have Chosen As Gaga's Oscar Clips?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

i'm bored af waiting/hoping/refreshing for an announcement.

since the oscars have been on a lot of people's mind lately, i've been thinking about something. i keep seeing people tweet potential clips for this year's nominees, and i was wondering, if you got to pick gaga's oscar clips, what would you have chosen? pretend she was nominated for gucci.

they chose "next time you can clean up your own mess" for ASIB, which i thought was a terrible choice. it showcased nothing of her ability, and maybe i'm just imagining things, but it felt like the crowd was also like "that's it?" when they played it. there were so many clips in that movie that proved gaga deserved her acting nomination, but i feel like that clip sold her short. when i was watching it back with my friend who hadn't seen ASIB, she was like, "did she really deserve to be nominated?" and i couldn't defend her nom based on that clip alone lol.

for ASIB, this might be a hot take, but i would've chosen that scene where she is arguing with her dad as they walk down the hallway in her house, and then it ends with "he's a drunk; you know all about drunks," and her slamming the door.

for gucci, i would've chosen either the last bit of the parking lot argument or the scene where she storms in at the end and takes back her house. (the one where she's like "please see this woman out of my house" after crying on her shoulder lol.)

what would you have done?

• YAAAS 1

EGOT2027
5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

House of Gucci:

Hide contents

House-of-Gucci-Sex-Scene-lol.gif

House-of-Gucci-Sex-Scene-lol.gif

the amount of people i know who have said they watched this movie on a plane…

• LMAO 1

Bradley
5 minutes ago, EGOT2027 said:

I know and it's a really long scene so I can imagine them thinking whether they should just wait it out or skip it, and taking years to find out :ladyhaha:

• LMAO 1

River

Not the vaginini scene for sure, I find it such a useless scene and very degrading, it had no purpose but to make the old men in the juries of the film festivals and award shows happy. honestly, the movie would stay the same with or without it.

I think one scene that could work is the scene when she breaks the glass and cries, or scenes from INLA.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Head Empty

I adore the scene when she meets Jackson in the rehab facility. Her subtle expressions said a thousand words.

tumblr_pj349cTli91vuabaao2_500.gif

Edited by Head Empty
  • YAAAS 1

androiduser
1 hour ago, Head Empty said:

Her subtle expressions said a thousand words.

The subtle scenes were her strongest asset in the movie (and the singing parts, of course)... Fans on the forum were mostly impressed with the crying and the drama, but those were quite generic, the subtle acting was much stronger.

StrawberryBlond

Oscars clips are usually chosen so that they show a scene that doesn't have spoilers or is too near the end of the movie, so it doesn't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the movies in question seeing as Oscar viewership encourages people to check out nominated movies. So it tends to be something earlier on that doesn't give too much away. But for what it's worth, for ASIB, I would've gone for the bathtub scene and for Gucci, maybe the scene where she's talking to Adam in the bedroom at the ski chalet. 

10 hours ago, River said:

Not the vaginini scene for sure, I find it such a useless scene and very degrading, it had no purpose but to make the old men in the juries of the film festivals and award shows happy. honestly, the movie would stay the same with or without it.

It was unnecessary but it was so quick and she was covered by suds, so it wasn't like your standard full frontal nudity. I think it was actually the perfect Oscar clip scene, I've seen so many best actress clips that are just like this. It would be cut off just after she shouts "get out!" and splashes the water, it's timed perfectly to be just like that, so the fact the academy didn't go for it was very strange. 

SharkmanthaC
10 hours ago, EGOT2027 said:

Like me. :ladyhaha:

I watched it flying to LA to go to TCB. 

she/her/hers
  • YAAAS 1