opinion

LG7: Hype Train ๐Ÿš‚ ๐Ÿš‚ SEPTEMBERRRRR!!!!!!

Stef

Featured Posts

Reality
6 minutes ago, TheJoanneHat said:

Are you seriously believing sheโ€™s gonna release at the same time as Joker while she will be promoting the film and the soundtrack?!

+ with DWAS smashing ?

Like imagine Joaquin Phoenix promoting another film while premiering Joker lol lol

Well, she won't be promoting the soundtrack. Soundtracks aren't usually things that "get promoted." Even considering that Joker 2's a musical, she'll promote like one [original] song MAX. ASIB was full of original music, and yet she only really promoted Shallow.

And I don't think the Joaquin Phoenix comparison is all that valid. Him promoting another movie isn't necessarily the same as Gaga promoting a movie and an album. They're two entirely different projects.ย 

๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ‘น
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

JustJustan
7 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

I thought about that!ย 

I mean, we're all assuming the song is titled "Abracadabra". There's a lyric that says it, but it could be called Black Magic for all we know.

• Love 1

TXNNXTUS
2 hours ago, AntonTurnItUp said:

You can hear Bloody Mary beat and "Gaga's" distorted voice, anything you can do on an audio editor software or an AI so I tgink that Mustang one is fake.

the key and bpm is different between Bloody Mary & Mustang

southpaw773
11 minutes ago, JustJustan said:

I mean, we're all assuming the song is titled "Abracadabra". There's a lyric that says it, but it could be called Black Magic for all we know.

Magic potions take time!ย 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

MessyTop
1 hour ago, AntonTurnItUp said:

Announcement of lead and album might come tomorrow since allegedly she's doing Rock In Rio and they'll reveal her tomorrow.

So tomorrow September 1st could be THE day, my bet:

Single - September 6th

Album - September 13th

Honestly, you expect Gaga/interscope to have no pre orders or Vinyl orders???? No modern artist can have a #1 album without physical copies.

interscope does 6-12 weeks of pre orders or vinyl. Shortest one in 2024 was Billie between announcement and release was 6 weeks.ย 
ย 

I donโ€™t expect in any way shape or form for Gaga to release a full album in September, single maybe , but the label needs time for preordersย 

• Sad 1

southpaw773
1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

Honestly, you expect Gaga/interscope to have no pre orders or Vinyl orders???? No modern artist can have a #1 album without physical copies.

interscope does 6-12 weeks of pre orders or vinyl. Shortest one in 2024 was Billie between announcement and release was 6 weeks.ย 
ย 

I donโ€™t expect in any way shape or form for Gaga to release a full album in September, single maybe , but the label needs time for preordersย 

Before Chromatica got delayed it was 5-6 weeks for vinyl ordersย 

MessyTop
1 minute ago, southpaw773 said:

Before Chromatica got delayed it was 5-6 weeks for vinyl ordersย 

Correct, the fantasy of Gaga just releasing a full album with out any pre-orders is just fan fiction. Is business, any major artists needs weeks of pre-orders for physical copies and pressings. A single maybe, probably, but not an album release in Sep, thereโ€™s no way or timeย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lara Croft
9 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Correct, the fantasy of Gaga just releasing a full album with out any pre-orders is just fan fiction. Is business, any major artists needs weeks of pre-orders for physical copies and pressings. A single maybe, probably, but not an album release in Sep, thereโ€™s no way or timeย 

Businesses also tend to take risks and implement new strategies as a result.

Just keep in mind, the rollout for Billieโ€™s album was unique and paid off quite handsomely. Maybe Interscope would like to trial a shorter album rollout?

It could work very effectively, lead single release with short turnaround time to the album could drive preorders and presaves noting that customers will receive something much sooner, it will pique their interest more.

This can all be done with vinyls, CDs and cassettes ready to ship. We donโ€™t have a realistic idea of when the album was finalised and how long production on these items takes.

Anything is possible honestly

• Love 1

MessyTop
5 minutes ago, Lara Croft said:

Businesses also tend to take risks and implement new strategies as a result.

Just keep in mind, the rollout for Billieโ€™s album was unique and paid off quite handsomely. Maybe Interscope would like to trial a shorter album rollout?

It could work very effectively, lead single release with short turnaround time to the album could drive preorders and presaves noting that customers will receive something much sooner, it will pique their interest more.

This can all be done with vinyls, CDs and cassettes ready to ship. We donโ€™t have a realistic idea of when the album was finalised and how long production on these items takes.

Anything is possible honestly

Well, you have understand the rules, Billboard demands for physical copies to be shipped the day of release to be counted, Cd and VInyl. So no an album drop with no physical sales with pre-orders will make no money to interscope or Gaga, let alone a number 1 album.ย 
in the last 2 years, most artists with out physical sales and pre orders on the day of release have failed .

Edited by MessyTop

MessyTop

I want new Gaga music so bad, but you all need to be realistic, album sales need time and thatโ€™s ok. Iโ€™m more than happy with an announcement and a single in the next months. Letโ€™s milk the next era!ย 

Lara Croft
6 minutes ago, MessyTop said:

Well, you have understand the rules, Billboard demands for physical copies to be shipped the day of release to be counted, Cd and VInyl. So no an album drop with no physical sales with pre-orders will make no money to interscope or Gaga, let alone a number 1 album.ย 
in the last 2 years, most artists with out physical sales and pre orders on the day of release have failed .

Very aware of this rule, thanks tho x

What I said doesnโ€™t work against this though. Like I said, we have no context of when the album was finalised and when the physicals were pushed to production. They could be ready to ship and a short pre-order window isnโ€™t out of the question.ย 

Things to remember too, Gaga does get her way with Interscope. We know she doesnโ€™t really care about chart success. She made comments about dropping all her new music at once. If she did a surprise drop, preorders are completely out of the question.

Preorders are not the be-all end-all of an album rollout, we have to be serious about that.

MessyTop
8 minutes ago, Lara Croft said:

Very aware of this rule, thanks tho x

What I said doesnโ€™t work against this though. Like I said, we have no context of when the album was finalised and when the physicals were pushed to production. They could be ready to ship and a short pre-order window isnโ€™t out of the question.ย 

Things to remember too, Gaga does get her way with Interscope. We know she doesnโ€™t really care about chart success. She made comments about dropping all her new music at once. If she did a surprise drop, preorders are completely out of the question.

Preorders are not the be-all end-all of an album rollout, we have to be serious about that.

So you mean to tell me that pre orders of 6 weeks are the same as 3 days or pre orders for a label? Letโ€™s be honest, even if the vinyl are already pressed and ready to go, you have to give fans ย time to pre order. But clearly you think Gaga needs no extra time or pre orders time. Sure, is just not plausible for major label. Is all about maximizing the profit, with one of the most anticipated albums of the ย decade. Think about that.

Edited by MessyTop