Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7: Hype Train đźš‚ đźš‚ (Magic potions take time!)

Stef

Featured Posts

RBL
22 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Yeah the only one that was close was @VANTABLACK who said May 17 - June 19th with special attention to June 7th.

Sounds like a horoscope :laughga:

• LMAO 3

tyler k
21 hours ago, rafaelgherardi said:

but My House was a bad song 

to you your opinion GIF

that song F*cks okay 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Thanks 1

rafaelgherardi
6 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Not to mention that Joker will have a soundtrack released alongside the film and they don't want one project to overshadow/take sales away from another.

6 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

For example, they are probably banking on at least one smash single from the soundtrack. More than that for the album. So if they are released too close together, they won't get their moments to shine, from a streaming/sales standpoint.

it was never actually confirmed that there will be a soundtrack though, right? it's known that there will be music in the movie, but they don't necessarily need to release those in an album

and even if there is a soundtrack release, I'd say that at least 90% of it will be covers (of jazz/old songs), so that won't attract many listeners... I doubt this soundtrack would make even 20% of the success of ASIB soundtrack

• Like 3

BlingNotTheMusic
40 minutes ago, rafaelgherardi said:

it was never actually confirmed that there will be a soundtrack though, right? it's known that there will be music in the movie, but they don't necessarily need to release those in an album

and even if there is a soundtrack release, I'd say that at least 90% of it will be covers (of jazz/old songs), so that won't attract many listeners... I doubt this soundtrack would make even 20% of the success of ASIB soundtrack

It shows "soundtrack" on the movie poster and several sources within the industry have claimed yes there will be covers and possibly original music (but it's Gaga, come on...) There were GGD threads when these were announced.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/joker-2-musical-cover-songs-original-tracks-1235949284/

Lastly, a lot of people have been comparing it to Moulin Rouge mostly because it's one of the most well-known jukebox musicals, which is also mostly covers. What should be noted, however, is "Lady Marmalade" from that soundtrack is a cover BUT hit #1 on the Billboard charts and stayed for 5 weeks. 

From Wikipedia: "...26 years after Labelle's version had reached number-one, making "Lady Marmalade" the ninth song in history to top the U.S. chart as performed as different artists.[85] It was the third airplay-only song in Billboard chart history (after Aaliyah's 2000 single "Try Again" and Shaggy's 2001 single "Angel") to hit number one without being released in a major commercially available single format.[86]

The song also holds the record for the longest reigning number one on Billboard's Mainstream Top 40 chart for an all female collaboration, topping the chart for nine consecutive weeks."

So long story short, anything is possible and I can guarantee the film and music industry are looking at this release at any and every possible angle to make money. Just because the tracks are covers doesn't mean they won't top the charts and sell records.

Schizophonic

I think there is a strong possibility of a soundtrack/score and a ost double album…. One wich has the instrumentals and sung in movie tracks and one that is like prince did to batman

• YAAAS 1

Starmie25

Do you guys think she was secretly teasing LG7 here. Oddly enough it's all black outfit too.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, Starmie25 said:

Do you guys think she was secretly teasing LG7 here. Oddly enough it's all black outfit too.

Is this new? Where tf has this look been my whole life

Starmie25
On 5/12/2024 at 12:02 PM, Lextyr97 said:

Is this new? Where tf has this look been my whole life

DitaDolla

Do u think the chromatica ball film will feature some LG7 teasing? 
I hope it will but knowing her team…..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Starmie25
1 hour ago, DitaDolla said:

Do u think the chromatica ball film will feature some LG7 teasing? 
I hope it will but knowing her team…..

Lowkey I'm starting to think it might.

The black heart in her bio, the interludes and even the poster is using the black aesthetic 

Who knows?

• Like 1

Ultimecia

Shove that magic potion down my urethra I'm begging

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 3

DitaDolla
1 hour ago, Starmie25 said:

Lowkey I'm starting to think it might.

The black heart in her bio, the interludes and even the poster is using the black aesthetic 

Who knows?

it just all makes sense:giveup:

Schizophonic

Do u think there is promotion coming for the hbo special? Interviews ect?

The Z
25 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

Do u think there is promotion coming for the hbo special? Interviews ect?

Nope, I’d be EXTREMELY surprised

BUT I did not expect the film to ever see the light of the day, so…

• Like 1