๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7: Hype Train ๐Ÿš‚ ๐Ÿš‚ (BRUNO X Gaga 8.16?)

Stef

Featured Posts

plane jane
2 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Shut up ohohoe

reported

2 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

it will be a bloodbath when the album comes out. a paradox

Im literally shaking thinking about the possibility of hearing new Gagz music tonightโ€ฆ like be for real ๐Ÿ˜ญย 

• YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

SpiritBunny

I love us we are such a hate filled psychotic fan base but in a slay wayย :traumatica:

• LMAO 9

HelloHangoverz
Just now, plane jane said:

reported

Im literally shaking thinking about the possibility of hearing new Gagz music tonightโ€ฆ like be for real ๐Ÿ˜ญย 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcBGhGr_IgqD_cobi7oZW

Manifesting

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • YAAAS 1

3 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

@TAlx

Your point would make sense if she didn't have the ability to pull all that off. If it was all half-baked. But it's not. An artist who has the nerve and talents to transcend what made them famous is an artist who righteously follows their gut, who knows what they can do and knows they have the obligation to serve their art and their craft to us with their utmost capabilities. Not to show people they can do it, not to construct themselves as an artist, but for us to appreciate it. Having that voice and not sing jazz would be a crime. Loving heavy metal and refusing to collaborate with a legendary band would be a crime. Being invited to perform at the Olympics and refuse for the sake of "perspective" would be a crime. Her voice and her mind brought her duties. I will never vouch for her to stop singing jazz, to stop writing ballads, to stop performing classics, acting, dressing classic Hollywood or collaborating with rock bands even if that's not my cup of tea. She is not contradicting her values because her values always resided in making art and making it good. Whenever she talks about art in interviews, it totally aligns with what she is doing. Where you see contradiction I see evolution. Pop will never be low brow and she is proving that.

If you scroll back to my first replies, you'll see that I said "collabs that did nothing for her". By that I don't mean "boo, don't do Olympics, jazz, rock, metal" whatever. But objectively speaking, most were half-baked: the Olympics performance fell flatter than those pink feather pompons and was the cheapest thing we've seen her do in a while - all in the most expensive setting out there, the Rolling Stones phase lasted for a split second etc.

All while, yes, thank you, the jazz era and her collab with Tony actually did something for her. And before someone calls me out for allegedly calling her out for not hitting #1s, again, that's not it for me and in my replies so far. Her Tony Bennett and jazz residencies did not do that either, but the acts themselves were tailored nicely, refined, properly communicated, showcased, honored, the commitment was evident, and those are the nuances that, to me, make the whole difference between "throwing stuff to the wall" she criticizes others for and actual relevant stuff that are in line with the values she wants to project.

Idk how to sum it up better, but it honestly seems like the counterarguments that I'm getting somehow need to diverge into putting words into my mouth. I trust you can carry out a convo without resorting to that.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, highongaga said:

it's been like 15 years, do you really expect her perspective or priorities to not change? clearly after ARTPOP, her ideologies and values have shifted (especially in regards to her life as a popstar) and we should respect that, instead of criticizing the promotions, releases, performances, etc. she does for *the fans*

The interview im talking about was from about 2 or 3 yrs ago max.

And yeah, as an artist, your perspective and priorities will change. I'm talking about values and how one uses those alleged "values" to criticize others and set oneself apart as being better, like she sometimes has a tendency to do, even if masked by eloquence and kindness punkness whatever. I mean if that changes more often than one changes wigs, then that's simply someone that lacks said values.

Hennycomb
2 minutes ago, TAlx said:

If you scroll back to my first replies, you'll see that I said "collabs that did nothing for her". By that I don't mean "boo, don't do Olympics, jazz, rock, metal" whatever. But objectively speaking, most were half-baked: the Olympics performance fell flatter than those pink feather pompons and was the cheapest thing we've seen her do in a while - all in the most expensive setting out there, the Rolling Stones phase lasted for a split second etc.

All while, yes, thank you, the jazz era and her collab with Tony actually did something for her. And before someone calls me out for allegedly calling her out for not hitting #1s, again, that's not it for me and in my replies so far. Her Tony Bennett and jazz residencies did not do that either, but the acts themselves were tailored nicely, refined, properly communicated, showcased, honored, the commitment was evident, and those are the nuances that, to me, make the whole difference between "throwing stuff to the wall" she criticizes others for and actual relevant stuff that are in line with the values she wants to project.

Idk how to sum it up better, but it honestly seems like the counterarguments that I'm getting somehow need to diverge into putting words into my mouth. I trust you can carry out a convo without resorting to that.

Ok you didn't like the collaboration with rolling stones and the Olympics performance, how is that her contradicting herself? Fans reception is the ruler we're using to measure if something should be done? I listened to the rolling stones song ONCE cause I don't like that type of music, I watched the Olympics performance ONCE cause I don't like that type of performance. But I LOVE that she did that. It made me happy. Get my jist?ย :motherofpuppies:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

Ok you didn't like the collaboration with rolling stones and the Olympics performance, how is that her contradicting herself? Fans reception is the ruler we're using to measure if something should be done? I listened to the rolling stones song ONCE cause I don't like that type of music, I watched the Olympics performance ONCE cause I don't like that type of performance. But I LOVE that she did that. It made me happy. Get my jist?ย :motherofpuppies:

Is fans reception the ruler we're using to measure if something is allowed to be criticized?

And again, I wasn't bringing my personal taste into it, so the fact that you/me liked them or not was not my point, neither was whether those things hit #1 or any of that sort. Simply comparing the visible, objective quality of these acts vs others. It rly doesn't take a master of arts degree to see the difference, or a degree in psychology to see when someone's more than occasionally contradicting themselves.

*pops that Nurtec*

Togekiss

You guys stop quoting that Debbie Downer, theyโ€™re boring and today should be fun!

360 > 143
  • Like 5

Juanlittlem

Fighting only means page 1000 is closer and that also means LG7 :excited2:

Locked in a basement again?! / I โค๏ธ Teletubby.
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 1

Hennycomb
1 minute ago, TAlx said:

Is fans reception the ruler we're using to measure if something is allowed to be criticized?

And again, I wasn't bringing my personal taste into it, so the fact that you/me liked them or not was not my point, neither was whether those things hit #1 or any of that sort. Simply comparing the visible, objective quality of these acts vs others. It rly doesn't take a master of arts degree to see the difference, or a degree in psychology to see when someone's more than occasionally contradicting themselves.

*pops that Nurtec*

If we're disagreeing on the quality of the acts, then it's not as objective as you think. Thinking that something is true for everybody cause it's very clear in your mind and then dressing your opinion in smirk sauce is a sign of arrogance. Yes, there are loads of things in art that are objective, what you described is not one of them.

It's very easy to stop consuming something that you don't like anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

If we're disagreeing on the quality of the acts, then it's not as objective as you think. Thinking that something is true for everybody cause it's very clear in your mind and then dressing your opinion in smirk sauce is a sign of arrogance. Yes, there are loads of things in art that are objective, what you described is not one of them.

It's very easy to stop consuming something that you don't like anymore.

Then stop consuming my replies.

• LMAO 1

Hennycomb
8 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

You guys stop quoting that Debbie Downer, theyโ€™re boring and today should be fun!

If we stop the fight Gaga will postpone the albumย :lolga:

• LMAO 8

BeyonkaAte
54 minutes ago, Hennycomb said:

@TAlx

Your point would make sense if she didn't have the ability to pull all that off. If it was all half-baked. But it's not. An artist who has the nerve and talents to transcend what made them famous is an artist who righteously follows their gut, who knows what they can do and knows they have the obligation to serve their art and their craft to us with their utmost capabilities. Not to show people they can do it, not to construct themselves as an artist, but for us to appreciate it. Having that voice and not sing jazz would be a crime. Loving rock and refusing to collaborate with a legendary band would be a crime. Being invited to perform at the Olympics and refusing for the sake of "perspective" would be a crime. Her voice and her mind brought her duties. I will never vouch for her to stop any of that even if that's not my cup of tea. She is not contradicting her values because her values always resided in making art and making it good. Whenever she talks about art in interviews, it totally aligns with what she is doing. Where you see contradiction I see evolution. Pop will never be low brow and she is proving that.

SPILL !!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

buzzkill

2h21 till announcement?ย 

Edited by buzzkill