Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7: Hype Train ๐Ÿš‚ ๐Ÿš‚ (BRUNO X Gaga 8.16?)

Stef

Featured Posts

Schizophonic
1 hour ago, franminervini said:

If it's for Joker why is it going to be out almost 2 months before the movie? ๐Ÿ˜‚

titlesongs and soundtracks often get released 6-8 weeks before and often used as promo with musicvideos being cut like trailers

53 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

To make it Grammy eligible in 2025 and be part of this year awards season

then the full soundtrack might get released ahead

27 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

would Gaga being appearing as Lee on the soundtrack though? On the score she'd be Lee, but on the soundtrack?

i think think we might get an "inspired by" album or a spundtrack AND a score

• Love 1

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Schizophonic said:

titlesongs and soundtracks often get released 6-8 weeks before and often used as promo with musicvideos being cut like trailers

then the full soundtrack might get released ahead

i think think we might get an "inspired by" album or a spundtrack AND a score

we're definitely getting a soundtrack and score, it was confirmed by Empire

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1

SHALLOW

I don't know why people think this has a chance to be for LG7.

It's clearly either for Joker (because of the title) or Bruno's lead (because he hasn't released anything in like 8 years).

• Like 2

OMonster

Some thoughtsโ€ฆย 

If the song features a sample, as speculated, it canโ€™t be for JFAD. Because it wonโ€™t be eligible for The Oscars.ย 

I think it would be strange for โ€˜Lady Gagaโ€™ to be singing on a song for JFAD, out of character, since sheโ€™s already putting a bit of a PR spin on how โ€˜Lee doesnโ€™t sing like meโ€™. It feels to me like Gaga wants to strategically separate โ€˜LGโ€™ from โ€˜Leeโ€™, so why would she invite comparison by singing as herself on a theme song? Just seems messy and a bit tacky for โ€˜Lady Gagaโ€™ the performer to be singing on anything relating to JFAD.ย 

I donโ€™t think Gaga/Bruno would release a random, standalone song that isnโ€™t attached to either of their highly-anticipated upcoming albums. It wouldnโ€™t make sense and invites this weird debate around who the song belongs to, what body of work itโ€™s part of and what it represents (when both albums are clearly coming soon).ย 

Therefore, Iโ€™m led to believe this has to be either Gaga or Brunoโ€™s lead single. My bet is that itโ€™s Brunoโ€™s because it would be very strange for Gaga to kick off LG7 with a mid-tempo ballad when sheโ€™s teased this more industrial, electronic sound. Thereโ€™s also the fact that Bruno is performing two big shows this week, so it aligns with him kicking off the rollout for his next album.ย 

Looks to me like Gaga is using Brunoโ€™s lead to increase her own โ€˜mainstreamโ€™ musical profile again as we build up to LG7. And if this is true, I think it confirms what most indicators have been suggesting: that LG7 is coming this year and Gagaโ€™s team has been building to it for a very long time. This Bruno collaboration and JFAD will work together to cross-promote LG7, which I still think is coming in October/November.ย 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 11
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

NATAH
23 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

The song could not be part of the performances of the movie or it could be with just Gaga, as Lee performing a part of it. Doesnt mean Bruno needs to be there for the movie version.ย 

You get Heal Me for 30 seconds in the movie and thats Ally, but the full song is under Gaga's name, and it happens with multiple songs.ย ย 

Heal Me is a solo song tho

it's just odd to me to have a lead actor and then an unrelated musician release a duet for the movie... if Gaga just sang her parts in the movie, people will be confused why the full song has bruno mars on it

mother, what must i do?
  • Thanks 1

NATAH
11 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Looks to me like Gaga is using Brunoโ€™s lead to increase her own โ€˜mainstreamโ€™ musical profile again as we build up to LG7. And if this is true, I think it confirms what most indicators have been suggesting: that LG7 is coming this year and Gagaโ€™s team has been building to it for a very long time. This Bruno collaboration and JFAD will work together to cross-promote LG7, which I still think is coming in October/November.ย 

my thoughts exactly

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2

monketsharona
1 hour ago, River said:

If it has a sample it won't be eligible for the Oscar's unfortunately

Yep but for Grammys, at least it would be at the same time of Joker acting nominations. Instead of waiting for February 2026ย 

RenegAde

The reason Gaga is the only one teasing could just be because she's the only that still teases in 2024?

• LMAO 1

LastNight

Have we talked about Mr S returning to the Gaga thread on atrl and specifically formatting it as โ€˜Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars - Die With A Smileโ€™.

So Gagaโ€™s name first.ย 

IMG-6746-2.jpg

Edited by LastNight
  • YAAAS 1

ARTPOP
5 minutes ago, LastNight said:

Have we talked about Mr S returning to the Gaga thread on atrl and specifically formatting it as โ€˜Lady Gaga & Bruno Mars - Die With A Smileโ€™. So Gagaโ€™s name first.ย 

IMG-6746.jpg

Its for JFAD for sure

COME ON GAYS!!
  • Like 2

monketsharona

The fact Mr.S is back posting on Gaga base is trully a good news

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

Monet

It's probably a standalone single/end credits song, inspired by Joker. The title of the song and the sampling of "Smile" by Nate King Cole can't be just coincidencesย 

• Like 2

buzzkill
6 minutes ago, Monet said:

It's probably a standalone single/end credits song, inspired by Joker. The title of the song and the sampling of "Smile" by Nate King Cole can't be just coincidencesย 

so whats the point?

Monet
9 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

so whats the point?

Idk, releasing a great song and promote the movie at the same time? We'll see when it's released