💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

Starmie25

Guys I know the wait has been a bit longer, but this time Gaga herself seems really amped for this new music and they clearly have a lot of things planned

Let's give her a bit of credit. Only few more weeks till October. :giveup:

• Love 1

Edonis
5 minutes ago, poeticprose said:

5 month+ era omg you guys set yourselves up so bad :ladyhaha:

If a lead single releases in October, and the album comes out in February, how many months is that? Quickly. :coffee:

AntonTurnItUp

September is feeling eternal :messga:

Btw Gaga will be on Graham Norton on Sept. 27th, tbh I would prefer her to promote LG7 single than Joker :traumatica:

• Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, AntonTurnItUp said:

Btw Gaga will be on Graham Norton on Sept. 27th, tbh I would prefer her to promote LG7 single than Joker :traumatica:

There'll no doubt be an audience of gays screaming LG77777777. She'll have to spill something

Edited by HelloHangoverz
sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Edonis
6 minutes ago, AntonTurnItUp said:

She may be asked about the single/album, and will probably respond with a tease, but that's going to be 100% for Joker 

Juanlittlem
45 minutes ago, Edonis said:

If a lead single releases in October, and the album comes out in February, how many months is that? Quickly. :coffee:

Well, by that reasoning, Chromatica era was a nice era because it lasted 2 years and 6 months :woohoo: We all know what they meant with that post you quoted.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Thanks 1

Edonis
1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

Well, by that reasoning, Chromatica era was a nice era because it lasted 2 years and 6 months :woohoo: We all know what they meant with that post you quoted.

No, we actually didn't. :coffee:

Chromatica's era was put on hiatus once lockdowns for covid started. The era re-started once rain on me was released, and you could tell she was very excited about that song, but as soon as she started to take heat about BLM, she put the era on hiatus again. Her and Ari looked for ways to restart the era once again, I don't know if you remember their plans to perform at Pride events in the summer, but those were scrapped because of safety issues with covid rising again in July. 911 was filmed (because the transition went semi-viral) and then released. VMAs happened in between and then the era was done. 

This is the first time since BTW that we've had that large of an intentional gap between lead single and potential album release date. ARTPOP and Joanne were 2/3 months and Chromatica was supposed to drop about a month and a half later. Completely different beasts. 

I seriously don't understand why you all are so bitter about pop music. I'll bite my tongue because I've already bitched enough about this, but if you think an album drop a la Billie was going to do her team favors, then I guess you really are ok with her pop career flopping once again.

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

No, we actually didn't. :coffee:

Let me clarify it for you then, we probably will get the single, some cute things and then wait from half november till january for a second single. Its 5 months, but it probably wont be filled with content a la Born This Way.  

About the rest of your comment being "you dont care about her career or pop music" I will just say "I have to laugh"

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Thanks 2

Edonis
16 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Let me clarify it for you then, we probably will get the single, some cute things and then wait from half november till january for a second single. Its 5 months, but it probably wont be filled with content a la Born This Way.  

About the rest of your comment being "you dont care about her career or pop music" I will just say "I have to laugh"

Literally no where in my post history or in that comment did I say we're getting BTW level promotion lmao, as a matter of fact it's been QUITE THE OPPOSITE :ladyhaha:

And good! You're familiar with Interscope's typical plan of action for under-performing commercial outputs should an artist's album not bring the ROI they hope for? And why it's important to have an actual strategy for release for an artist like Gaga who is 16 years into her career and almost 40?

They're not called Interscum for nothing.

We're on the same page! :vegas:

Edited by Edonis

Vengaboy

Ok this might have been suggested before but ain’t nobody got time to read through this whole thread to find out. 

Gaga hasn’t confirmed an album release for February so far, right? It was mentioned in Vogue and then everyone else reported about it. Isn’t it strange to let that piece of information come out through an article and then say nothing about it? 

The TikTok she posted where she said she wanted to drop all her music at once  - maybe she is. Maybe it’s coming in October after all and the mention in Vogue was just to confuse people and have the album hit even harder because it comes out when no one expects it?

Seeing as she’s now in the top 5 monthly listeners on Spotify and Joker is about to come out - it would be a damn good time to ride this wave. 

Wishful thinking? Maybe :cheeky:

• Thanks 2

Edonis
2 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

Ok this might have been suggested before but ain’t nobody got time to read through this whole thread to find out. 

Gaga hasn’t confirmed an album release for February so far, right? It was mentioned in Vogue and then everyone else reported about it. Isn’t it strange to let that piece of information come out through an article and then say nothing about it? 

The TikTok she posted where she said she wanted to drop all her music at once  - maybe she is. Maybe it’s coming in October after all and the mention in Vogue was just to confuse people and have the album hit even harder because it comes out when no one expects it?

Seeing as she’s now in the top 5 monthly listeners on Spotify and Joker is about to come out - it would be a damn good time to ride this wave. 

Wishful thinking? Maybe :cheeky:

Wishful thinking and this was discussed already. Vogue magazine did a feature story on Lady Gaga. This wasn't like the Variety article that was reporting on news or anything like that, this was for the print publication that was meant to usher in the JFAD/LG7 lead era that's kicking off next month. Her team has to approve anything written in the story prior to publishing, so the chances that they got the time frame wrong is very slim. 

We probably haven't heard from Gaga about a release date directly because she isn't ready to formally announce it yet lol. We probably won't get a tangible date for next year until Christmas/early 2025. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

princedeeblebleble
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

Wishful thinking and this was discussed already. Vogue magazine did a feature story on Lady Gaga. This wasn't like the Variety article that was reporting on news or anything like that, this was for the print publication that was meant to usher in the JFAD/LG7 lead era that's kicking off next month. Her team has to approve anything written in the story prior to publishing, so the chances that they got the time frame wrong is very slim. 

We probably haven't heard from Gaga about a release date directly because she isn't ready to formally announce it yet lol. We probably won't get a tangible date for next year until Christmas/early 2025. 

Which is kinda the main issue I think most people have around here haha I'm glad shes finally sharing her personal side, but this rat race she always does is just slightly irritating, especially after a 5 year gap between projects 🫠 

I listen to a lot of artists and nearly none of them tease this much for nothing concrete to happen for a year. Generally it's cute studio pics half a year prior, side projects or a pre era series of gigs where they tease new music, a single announcement with the single usually coming within a week or two.

Meanwhile Gaga teased new music at the  end of spring of 2023 saying she's been writing a lot with the TCB "announcement", then in may she heavily implied there'd be new music very soon, which we got in form of a Bruno colab that has nothing to do with her own project.. and so far we have less than a minute of new LG7 music after 15 months of teases.

• Thanks 3

Vengaboy
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

Her team has to approve anything written in the story prior to publishing, so the chances that they got the time frame wrong is very slim. 

I wasn’t saying that Vogue got it wrong btw - I’m fully aware that she must’ve told them herself ;)  I meant that it could be an intentional mislead from her team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

poeticprose
3 hours ago, Edonis said:

I'm not just speaking about time here, cmon.