achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
5 minutes ago, LastNight said:

Bling it’s a discussion board, people are allowed to point out the flaws or contradictions in information that’s released and it’s not unkind or negative of them to do so.

In my opinion, the information your source gave was either vague, contradictory, wrong or guessable (truly anyone could guess that she’d be on magazine covers to promote her high profile projects and that it would be a busy 2 weeks when she’s premiering a massive movie). There’s no evidence whatsoever that those posts from YT or Vogue were paid and it’s a stretch to suggest that. They have their own engagement targets - tweeting about LG is guaranteed interaction.

I completely respect that you’ve put yourself out there and aren’t hiding, but right now it just seems like your source was dodgy and you’re retroactively trying to make the events of the last few weeks fit.

I appreciate the sentiment behind “it’s just pop music” but it does feel somewhat patronising. It’s a bit annoying to hype people up with information, tease the reveal of it for days, and then brush it off with this response when you get comments questioning your source. 

Poking holes in “insider” information isn’t dragging you, and it doesn’t mean people are chasing empty validation. The same way teasing that you have access to an inside source and asking people to tune in to a podcast to hear it doesn’t mean that you’re chasing validation either 😉

In all seriousness, it’s hard to get tone of voice across in a written message and I’m genuinely not coming for you, but I do think some of your points needed a response.

Again, respect for putting yourself out there and being willing to be wrong.

Some of us have lived through so many “insiders” at this point that we just have a really high threshold for believability, it’s not necessarily an issue with you personally. Anyone who survived the trauma of ‘aftentis’ is scarred for life I think :laughga:

Couldnt have said it better myself

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pĂŠtalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

StarstruckIllusion
3 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

What confuses me is how people would collectively agree that Dua Lipa messed up her era by having such a wide gap between single and album release. 

But now that Gaga’s doing it, it’s the best plan ever?!? 

Also, saying DWAS will carry her until then? That confuses me because it’s supposedly a smash, yet I personally haven’t met a single person that is even aware of the song. So how does that work? It played at a show I attended and the crowd was dead. 
(Not dragging the song because I love it)

Well, Ariana pulled it off with thank u next… she just needs that second single to smash

GunninMan

honestly as hopeful as I was that we were getting the album this year, I’m kind of excited that it’s coming next year. this year has been FLOODED with albums and it’s gonna make next year so much more scarce. so I’m here for her releasing it next year, especially so early in the year. the fact that we are getting a single this year is exciting asf, and I hope that means another one will come out before the album at the end of January. 

this just further proves to me that this new peak she’s approaching is gonna be a long one. everyone is buzzing about her, DWAS is killing it, and the single and FAD coming out is gonna add even more to that. 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

zerojk
3 hours ago, Hyperobject said:

as much as I agree that this gap is ridiculous in 2024/2025, it’s all about the execution. if the songs resonate with the GP, then we have nothing to worry about! Dua’s songs just didn’t click with people and that’s was truly killed the momentum. 

Well we are in a disadvantage here since they say her music will not be GP oriented, but more "experimental/creative" so....

lets hope for the best 

• Like 1

Chesescake

DAY 1!

148 DAYS TIL FEBRUARY!

Give IT UP FOR DAY 1!

spongebob-mr-krabs.gif

Edited by Chesescake
  • LMAO 6

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, Chesescake said:

DAY 1!

148 DAYS TIL FEBRUARY!

Give IT UP FOR DAY 1!

spongebob-mr-krabs.gif

Lets do a count for october, that sounds way better :party:

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pĂŠtalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

Chesescake
9 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Oh! okay, sure I can do that too.

DAY 1!

50 DAYS TIL THE LAST FRIDAY OF OCTOBER!

GIVE IT UP FOR DAY 1!

spongebob-mr-krabs.gif

Edited by Chesescake
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

zerojk
7 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

knowing Gaga's team

it will be the last possible Friday of October 

so 50 days to go :ohwell:

• YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

SpiritBunny
On 9/3/2024 at 10:09 PM, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I genuinely can't believe after today we still have 2025ers up in hurr. Imagine an album about Hell, magic, and spookiness in Jan/Feb :brat:

Omg bling you are totally in your 143 era now :brat:

I don’t think you will ever recover from this :brat:

• LMAO 7

6 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

Omg bling you are totally in your 143 era now :brat:

I don’t think you will ever recover from this :brat:

@BlingNotTheMusicWill just stay in their echo chamber god complex discord server that bans anyone who disagrees with them. 

At least they will go down in history as a failed insider this era. 

Edited by Jono
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

AntonTurnItUp

Okay let's pretend it is a dual album and the first part comes in november and the other half in february, let's start this theory to keep healthy the poor minds of this site :brat:

The black and white album, c'mon, Vogue said "the pop album is coming in february" so the rock one comes in november???

:icega:

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Hyperobject
43 minutes ago, zerojk said:

Well we are in a disadvantage here since they say her music will not be GP oriented, but more "experimental/creative" so....

lets hope for the best 

that’s all we can do anyway :_)

besides supporting the song of course! 

MessyTop
17 minutes ago, Jono said:

@BlingNotTheMusicWill just stay in their echo chamber god complex discord server that bans anyone who disagrees with them. 

This, in the her story books as the failed insider of the LG7 era! Legend 

• Thanks 1

SpiritBunny
24 minutes ago, Jono said:

Bling is totally Cersei Lannister except his walk of atonement will never end :brat: