achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

Hyperobject
17 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

I donā€™t really see why she feels the need to give this album such a long rollout when the likes of BeyoncĆ© and Billie cope just fine with a quick full album drop.

Cowboy Carter literally came and went, lol it has fallen in a matter of weeks after its release. Billie is on a different level when it comes to the streaming. Gaga needs to build the hype, she canā€™t just pop out of nowhere to release the album and hope for the best, sadly.Ā 

• Like 1

monketsharona
14 minutes ago, River said:

the gap is because of awards season, even if she won't be nominated to the Oscar's, she still have BAFTA, Golden Globe, Razzie Awards.

Know it's a joke, but a friend of mine attended Venice fest premiere, he told me it's trully her best acting ever. People are overdramatic lately about the fact she's not in every scene, but we're not ready for her to be aĀ  scene stealer

• Love 1

chewing on pearls

I think there might be a few months between the single and the album for a couple of (possible) reasons:

- the election in november is an incredibly important one. she's been so quiet about politics for this election cycle, and I could imagine she wants to avoid press at that time, especially considering there will likely be drama in the aftermath, no matter who wins.Ā 

- there could be an additional single released between the first one and the album, as many have mentioned here.Ā 

- maybe there is a companion project to lg7 (visuals?) that need to be completed before the release.Ā 

- the grammys are in february, and in the old days she liked to do debut performances and announcements at award shows. maybe she's got that up her sleeve again.Ā 

- if she really has done a few other collaborations while being a "studio rat", maybe one of them is due to come out at the end of the year and she wants to let that have its moment and not be overshadowed by lg7Ā 

• Like 3

poeticprose
2 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

Cowboy Carter literally came and went, lol it has fallen in a matter of weeks after its release. Billie is on a different level when it comes to the streaming. Gaga needs to build the hype, she canā€™t just pop out of nowhere to release the album and hope for the best, sadly.Ā 

But she can drag a rollout for a whole year? makes no sense.Ā :max:

FATCAT
1 minute ago, chewing on pearls said:

I think there might be a few months between the single and the album for a couple of (possible) reasons:

- the election in november is an incredibly important one. she's been so quiet about politics for this election cycle, and I could imagine she wants to avoid press at that time, especially considering there will likely be drama in the aftermath, no matter who wins.Ā 

- there could be an additional single released between the first one and the album, as many have mentioned here.Ā 

- maybe there is a companion project to lg7 (visuals?) that need to be completed before the release.Ā 

- the grammys are in february, and in the old days she liked to do debut performances and announcements at award shows. maybe she's got that up her sleeve again.Ā 

- if she really has done a few other collaborations while being a "studio rat", maybe one of them is due to come out at the end of the year and she wants to let that have its moment and not be overshadowed by lg7Ā 

It's literally just the holidays. Novermber 27th - January 6th are basically just Christmas music streaming 24/7.

Purr more, hiss less.

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It's literally just the holidays. Novermber 27th - January 6th are basically just Christmas music streaming 24/7.

I hope LG7 lead single will be settled a bit before the Christmas freeze

• Like 1

Hyperobject
7 minutes ago, poeticprose said:

But she can drag a rollout for a whole year? makes no sense.Ā :max:

wdym for a whole year? they are not dragging the rollout, hopefully they have a plan and they will stick to it. lead single in October, second single in January, album and third single in February. I do think thatā€™s risky because we canā€™t predict how well the GP will receive her songs, but it worth a shot I guess? at least weā€™ll get more than one proper single this time around.Ā 

• Like 1

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I hope LG7 lead single will be settled a bit before the Christmas freeze

It's entirely possible, DWAS is 3 weeks old & is already streaming 11M+ a day worldwide

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

wdym for a whole year? they are not dragging the rollout, hopefully they have a plan and they will stick to it. lead single in October, second single in January, album and third single in February. I do think thatā€™s risky because we canā€™t predict how well the GP will receive her songs, but it worth a shot I guess? at least weā€™ll get more than one proper single this time around.Ā 

She's saving things for February/March because that's when all the award ceremonies are, perfect to promo a new single. There are almost 0 opportunities in November.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gorehound
39 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

Does anyone else feel a bit gutted that Gaga is ā€˜allegedlyā€™ making us wait another 5 months before we actually get to hear LG7, when the music is clearly already finished? Thatā€™s one month short of half a year!

I donā€™t really see why she feels the need to give this album such a long rollout when the likes of BeyoncĆ© and Billie cope just fine with a quick full album drop.

Ā 

Iā€™m totally stoked for the lead single in October tho, and weā€™ll hopefully get more singles between October and February.

Ā 

In saying this tho, I do agree that a February release does seem to be the best plan. Itā€™ll give Joker, DWAS and the LG7 lead to breathe (especially if the LG7 lead is a big hit - which Gaga and Interscope seem to be quite confident about). Then November is the election, and December the Christmas season. The album in early 2025 gets all of this noise out of the way and feels more like a fresh start. And I'm sure we'll get a second single and maybe a promotional single before February, and hopefully lots of other content and tea to build hype so I'm here for it.

(Also for those with seasonal depression like myself, Jan and Feb are the worst months of the year so LG7 will be the ultimate cure for that :kara:)

I'm fine, Ta
  • Love 1

monketsharona
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

It's entirely possible, DWAS is 3 weeks old & is already streaming 11M+ a day worldwide

If she releases lead single on October 11th, it'll definitely have time to grow on radios and streaming chart before the Christmas songs are flooding all of this.Ā 

I trully can't understand why American can't get tired of those songs every yearĀ :enigma:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cello
37 minutes ago, River said:

Razzie Awards

:cello2:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • LMAO 2

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

She's saving things for February/March because that's when all the award ceremonies are, perfect to promo a new single. There are almost 0 opportunities in November.

yeah, I kinda hate how Nov and Dec have turned into such dead months for music over the past few years, itā€™s just plain boring these days lol. but if they capitalize on Halloween hype this October, then hopefully the song can survive the next two months!Ā 

• Like 1

Hyperobject
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

If she releases lead single on October 11th, it'll definitely have time to grow on radios and streaming chart before the Christmas songs are flooding all of this.Ā 

I trully can't understand why American can't get tired of those songs every yearĀ :enigma:

the urge to block Mariah on Spotify this year is too strongā€¦Ā 

• LMAO 2

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Hyperobject said:

yeah, I kinda hate how Nov and Dec have turned into such dead months for music over the past few years, itā€™s just plain boring these days lol. but if they capitalize on Halloween hype this October, then hopefully the song can survive the next two months!Ā 

Maybe the secret project is a Christmas albumĀ :vegas:

Purr more, hiss less.
  • YAAAS 1