đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

achievement

LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)

Stef

Featured Posts

PartySick
9 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Girl your fave album is Joanne which contains lyrics like "Ayo ayo we smoking them all" "Mirror on the ceiling" Hey Girl is in its tracklist and then you have Come To Mama, with more awful lyrics, then John Wayne being Gaga AGAIN talking about how she loves a bad man and also DIC and how she masturbates. Sure, that album is a masterpiece when it comes to lyricism! 

It's all about context :cheeky:

Misrepresenting Joanne won't make Chromatica any less of a "I want to recapture the spark of BTW and ARTPOP without any of the analogies or thought behind the meaning" album :cheeky:

Sadness is expressed on older albums with allusions to classical art, even biblical allusions, or intelligent word play. Judas' references to the story of Jesus and using it as an analogy to growing through pain, babbling on ScheiĂźe as a literal mockery of what feminism sounds like to fools...using "retweet" to represent 69ing in G.U.Y. when singing about power dynamics :cheeky:

The themes on Joanne are multifaceted and indirectly deeper than the words themselves are. A song about "wanting a bad man" is about trauma and self destruction, a song about "masturbating" is about indulgence and loneliness. The title track itself relates not only to the loss of her aunt but also the change in personality she believes her father went through due to that pain and her own journey since it's technically self titled.

On Chromatica, to convey being sad, she says "I'm sad" :cheeky:

You can analyze every album except for Chromatica 'cause she just gives everything away in directly spoken plain lyrics for that album apart from some things like lines in ROM referencing alcoholism or the groundbreaking analogy of being a...piece of candy with a wrapper and sour exterior :icant:

It's just objectively her least intellectual album from a lyrical standpoint. Doesn't mean it's bad, there's just not much to dissect or think about.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

PartySick

Let me actually bail on this though :icant:

For real this time, I have stuff to do :icant:

• LMAO 1

Heygirl22

If you want country vibes listen to Joanne 

if you want pop vibes listen to chromatica 

plain and simple no need to argue 

Miss Juicy Little Women GIF by TV One

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

HelloHangoverz
14 minutes ago, Hydrangea said:

I see we’ve been starved so long we’re eating ourselves

iconic line

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

lastpopicon

Ppl arriving home from work expecting some LG7 news:

giphy.webp

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • LMAO 16
  • Thanks 1

Hydrangea
5 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

iconic line

I love you :kara:

I’m a bad friend
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Heygirl22

So we’re counting down for an announcement tomorrow now ? 

my crazy ass can do this every day …..eventually we’ll get it right 
Little Women GIF by TrueReal

• LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 4

BlingNotTheMusic
11 hours ago, ARTPOPistah said:

@BlingNotTheMusicwhen Is the last live episode of the podcast going to be available on YouTube/Spotify?

I need to make a formal announcement Im sorry!

Something was wrong with our screen recording software so unfortunately, there is no usable version of the podcast from Saturday :messga: I'm devastated tbh.

GOOD NEWS, is we have since resolved the issue and will be having ANOTHER live podcast this upcoming Saturday Aug 30th at 12p PT. in our discord server!

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1

Heygirl22
1 minute ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

I need to make a formal announcement Im sorry!

Something was wrong with our screen recording software so unfortunately, there is no usable version of the podcast from Saturday :messga: I'm devastated tbh.

GOOD NEWS, is we have since resolved the issue and will be having ANOTHER live podcast this upcoming Saturday Aug 30th at 12p PT. in our discord server!

Imagine we have the single by then?

let me dream 🥹

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Phoenix Rises said:

anybody able to read it? im not paying $ to read one article .:samanthac:

Singer, actor, brand founder (and much more) Lady Gaga has thrown up her version of The Bat-Signal for all of Instagram to see: a beauty makeover.

Just last month, the star opened the 2024 Olympics in Paris, performing an ode to Zizi Jeanmaire. Her beauty look leaned into her classic look for the evening: platinum blonde hair by Frederic Aspiras and a classic red lip, Haus Labs swiped by Sarah Tanno, of course.

Almost exactly a month later, the star is somewhere sunny with a much darker look—Aspiras took her hair to the cusp of black (and bleached her brows at the same time, perhaps). It's a total vibe shift from the classic, jazzy beauty Gaga has been giving us as she wrapped up her Vegas residency.

But we know the star loves method beauty, and with at least one major event on her schedule in the coming weeks—the premiere of Joker 2 Folie à Deux at the Venice Film Festival on September 4 (Gaga will likely make an appearance as she plays Harley Quinn to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker)—it feels like this makeover comes right on time. Though who knows what else she has up her sleeve.

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Thanks 3

lastpopicon
Just now, Phoenix Rises said:

anybody able to read it? im not paying $ to read one article .:samanthac:

Spoiler

Singer, actor, brand founder (and much more) Lady Gaga has thrown up her version of The Bat-Signal for all of Instagram to see: a beauty makeover.

Just last month, the star opened the 2024 Olympics in Paris, performing an ode to Zizi Jeanmaire. Her beauty look leaned into her classic look for the evening: platinum blonde hair by Frederic Aspiras and a classic red lip, Haus Labs swiped by Sarah Tanno, of course.

Almost exactly a month later, the star is somewhere sunny with a much darker look—Aspiras took her hair to the cusp of black (and bleached her brows at the same time, perhaps). It's a total vibe shift from the classic, jazzy beauty Gaga has been giving us as she wrapped up her Vegas residency.

Doesn't really reveal anything. 

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 1

Phoenix Rises
1 minute ago, HelloHangoverz said:

But we know the star loves method beauty, and with at least one major event on her schedule in the coming weeks—the premiere of Joker 2 Folie à Deux at the Venice Film Festival on September 4 (Gaga will likely make an appearance as she plays Harley Quinn to Joaquin Phoenix's Joker)—it feels like this makeover comes right on time. Though who knows what else she has up her sleeve.

thank you! They know something, she has shot a vogue cover and its in the can.:cheeky:

spread love ,kindness & compassion đź‘ąđź–¤!!!!
  • YAAAS 1

• Stef changed the title to LG7: Destination Reached! (The Official Discussion Thread)
  • River pinned this topic
  • Jase featured this topic