Do you?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. title.

• Yas
    • Not the best, but close
    • No

Featured Posts

Gorehound

Venus is a f*cking good song! A insanely euphoric chorus and I love the vocal harmonies, and I love the weird gooey exotic vibe, kinda a nod to acid house and the psychedelic 60's, (the first time I heard it I was on an acid trip so it was mind blowing).

I also love the artwork shot by Steven Klein it's so trippy. Still traumatised to this day that we never got a music video for it :bradley: I'm full of curiosity as to what she would've done for it. 

Although it's still not the best song on ARTPOP. It's pretty corny at times and it's structure is very jarring and lacks flow, constantly stopping and starting and switching rhythms (many songs on the album suffered the same treatment). It's fun af like a rollercoaster but you can tell she struggled to cram all her ideas into the 4 minute confines of a pop song.

Also the bridge is a huge letdown. It grinds the whole song to a halt and cheapens it, and hence the final chorus doesn't hit as hard as it should.

I think Applause takes the top place. That song is flawless and the final chorus absolutely slaps!

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta

Gorehound
1 hour ago, Lippoutou said:

I LOVE everything about Venus except its chorus... so I'm always contradicted about this song, I don't love it as much as I want to

whaaaaat?! :cello2: The chorus is the best bit! 

I'm fine, Ta

ryansamonster

Top 5 for me! Always loved it, especially the “loooooooo-oooooooooo-oooooove” parts at the end. When she performed it on the muppets special the live outro was so good!
If the promo/single artworks were anything to go by, the video would’ve been out of this world (galaxy, space, and time). 

ItsCaseyPaul
2 hours ago, Quentin said:

And do you prefer Aura or Burqa? And what version, the demo for Aura or the final version?

Soooo... when Burqa first leaked I was absolutely OBSESSED. It was such a great sound and I think for nostalgia reasons, I prefer Burqa. BUT I think out of all of these, the demo for Aura is superior. Those vocals are just :pray:

• Love 1

Quentin
8 minutes ago, ItsCaseyPaul said:

Soooo... when Burqa first leaked I was absolutely OBSESSED. It was such a great sound and I think for nostalgia reasons, I prefer Burqa. BUT I think out of all of these, the demo for Aura is superior. Those vocals are just :pray:

A mix of the demo for Aura and Burqa :

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream
  • YAAAS 1

Anderson123
2 hours ago, jacs vs looser said:

The fact that it was almost a single but got scrapped.

Gaga's eras in one sentence.

• Like 1

Nycboy

ARTPOP is my fave. It’s ethereal and still unlike anything else she’s ever done. Venus was the new Judas, which was the new Bad Romance. Not saying it’s bad, but it didn’t feel new when it came out. 

Roronoa

I love Venus, it’s one of my most favorite songs ever but I think she should re-record it. The production is not good. 

Alfonso

DWUW gets the crown for me, but it is among her bests. The whole album has many great songs tbh

Edited by Alfonso
  • Like 1