• Cheek to Cheek
    • Joanne
    • A Star Is Born
    • Chromatica
    • Love For Sale
    • Became a fan during a non-era

Featured Posts

Didymus

The Fame. One of my school friends had me listen to LoveGame on a bus and I was hooked. It was right around the time Poker Face came out.

Edited by Didymus

TMM90
8 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

TBH I don't think anyone can say The Fame era unless they literally caught wind of her as a semi-unknown. She started doing promo for her first album in February of 2008, and Just Dance didn't hit no. 1 until January 2009. I think most of us discovered Gaga through televised performances of Just Dance but that was months into the era.

So from literal start to finish fully invested, it has to be TFM.

Disagree. My bestie introduced me to Gaga when she was mainly was writing for PCD & Britney.

littlepotter

Damn so many OGs :air:

Of course I knew who she was from the start, EVERYONE did but my first era as a little monster was ARTPOP. You can imagine the trauma :emma:

chaeri pls

Helxig

I only latched onto her after TFM unfortunately because as a moody teenager I was not ready to stan pop music :bear:  But I started following everything she did and every interview etc when she released BTW. ARTPOP was really exciting for me because it was the first time I got to experience a pre-era.. and also back then between the eras built anticipation in an exciting way because it was only like 1-2 years between albums :laughga:   I remember being so excited to see an era unfold right from the beginning

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig
34 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

Disagree. My bestie introduced me to Gaga when she was mainly was writing for PCD & Britney.

We were at highschool at the time and I remember my friend went to see the Pussycat Dolls live and Gaga was the opener! She didn't even really know who Gaga was but said that her opening act was wayyy better than the actual PCD! That's when we realised she was gonna be a star, because as an opener she outshined the main act. And everyone who went to the concert said the same thing! Still to this day people will say that :laughga: 

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

TMM90
1 hour ago, Helxig said:

We were at highschool at the time and I remember my friend went to see the Pussycat Dolls live and Gaga was the opener! She didn't even really know who Gaga was but said that her opening act was wayyy better than the actual PCD! That's when we realised she was gonna be a star, because as an opener she outshined the main act. And everyone who went to the concert said the same thing! Still to this day people will say that :laughga: 

I went to that PCD tour as well, and Gaga was outperforming the Dolls by miles. This was just a few days after the Poker Face (acoustic) from the Cherry tree sessions, got uploaded to youtube. 

• YAAAS 1

Juniper

It would be The Fame, but I wouldn’t call myself an obsessed stan until The Fame Monster.

Schizophonic

When Boys Boys Boys and Beautiful Dirty Rich was uploaded on MySpace and Just Dance was not yet released. But I wouldn’t say I was a fan back then, I casually listened to the Tracks and saw a few interviews on Tv. Then I was at a fashion week party in berlin where she performed but I entirely missed her. 

When the Paparazzi video dropped I really really begun to be a fan and with BR she had me.