• Joanne
    • A Star Is Born
    • Chromatica
    • Love For Sale
    • Became a fan during a non-era

Featured Posts

Ultimecia

The Fame :sis:

I liked Just Dance, but I fell in love with Poker Face.

I had limited access to the internet back then, so I devoured every piece of info I could find in magazines (remember when these were a thing?)

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

IWantYourLove

Technically The Fame, I was obsessed from the moment I heard Gaga, but I became an actual ‘fan’ in 2014/15 because I was too young to actually stan properly beforehand (I was five when the fame came out LMFAOOO) 

• Like 1

Controversiaga

The fame.  You just had to be there 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1

Onlygaga

I bought The Fame in early 2009, I was in 5th grade so I wasn’t much into musicians, but I liked Gaga. I algo got TFM that year with an iTunes card I got for Christmas. My first full era as a little monster was BTW! 

DrKindnessKunt1999

Technically, The Fame. I was too young to understand being a Stan, but I was there since the begging. 

LordByron28

- I liked Just Dance but thought she was going to a one hit wonder.

- Poker Face was a bop and I enjoyed it a lot. Still was unsure if she was going to make it long term. 

- Saw the Love Game Music Video and her costumes and demeanor had enchanted me.

- Paparazzi VMA performance happened and it blew my mind. I began watching all interviews, performances, and music videos. I was a fan of hers after that and loved her vibe.

- Bad Romance released shortly after and I became a stan before I even realized what it was. I loved the sound, music video, fashion, art, etc. 

- I bough TFM deluxe version and was blown away with how many potential hit songs were on TF & TFM. I was a little monster shortly after.

- BTW era was a dream come true for her and really showed all of her potential and continued to reveal new sides to her. I visited this site daily back then. 

Reject False Icons

I love these nostalgia threads :excited: ARTPOP was the first one I fully followed Gaga online from beginning to end, honestly it was magic for all the passion she put into the era but tragic for the scrapped promises and she was never the same in countless ways 

Edited by Reject False Icons

Maxine Puth

First one to vote CTC! I started stanning right before the release of ARTPOP, so my first full era was CTC. 

crazygato

I knew anout her midway through TFM era. The first video premier of hers was Alejandro. I remember not being able to watch it due to the xesual/gay stuff. I didnt understand but I would secretly watch it on TV with the volume down and wouldnt want to watch it anyway since it creeped me out! So my first full era was BTW. BTW single was HUGE! TEOG was such a blast on radio whenever we would go out, YaI was a decent hit and I loved the weirdness in the video. I thought in my mind "this woman is a legend". MTN, even if it was somewhat of a flop, wrapped up 2011 perfectly! It was so nostalgic and the winter vibes was perfect. The video (short version) was quite popular and remember watching it on TV alot. The only single that didnt "stick" was Judas. It just came and went and wasnt very memorable. Sounded like a remix, and not a very good one lol! Now I like it but I understand it can be jarring. Not many people are aware of/care  about biblical references and the vocals and aggressiveness of the production didnt help either. But yeah, that was my experience with BTW!

Just A Holy Fool

I have been around since day 1. I bought The Fame in the Fall of 2008, I was in my first year of university. I loaded it into my iPod nano and was obsessed! I sometimes wish I could go back to that era. She was such a cultural phenomenon. No one knew what the hell to make of her and I loved that. 

• Like 1

LaFama

I was there since Just Dance, she got me hooked from the start, but I knew she'd own me forever since the summer of 09 with a very specific series of events: the paparazzi mv, the VMAs performance, her first SNL appearance sneaking BR and that remix of paparazzi and already shifting into TFM aesthetic, BR debut at the Alexander McQueen fashion show and then boom, the BR mv.

Those months were sooo exciting specially coming from a new artist, she really was the last one of that type of superstar. You just had to be there. 

Edited by LaFama
Its not a fedora u f*ck

Wet Fire

My first proper era experience was ARTPOP and it was traumatizing :messga:

The media scrutiny, flop narrative, comparisons with Katy, backlash for trying too hard, abandoned projects - all of that was too much for someone who was in for a fine era experience :laughga:

But the music and visuals, interviews and performances were great :vegas:

People say Chromatica is the worst era in terms of stan experience but ARTPOP era sometimes felt like walking on glass shards :traumatica:

Edited by Wet Fire

RAMROD

I am into her during Love Game. But 2010 VMA Performance made me a fan. So The Fame era is where it's at for me.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ...𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒 (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡